+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Princessiak
    As Tanya said, AIVF are very nice people, but nerves is a given, just go with the flow. I would recommend taking the time off for the EPU and transfer, takes the stress out of it all. Even if your work doesn't know what you're doing, that's why you have sick days and a GP that you can ask to write you sick for the week. My GP's have been awesome in the past. And yes there are plenty of groups etc out there. I've met a couple at the last clinic who also live here in Gympie, they brought some meds back for me and we've been friends ever since. You can rant and rave and vent with someone in person that way. You can also run different things past the other person and see what they think. The meds definitely screw with your head, that's where your partner has to be strong and supportive. No doubt about it, it's not the loving, happy ride of naturally trying. But then there are plenty of "unfavourable people" that have kids that shouldn't. Such is life, I suppose.

Tanya, my goodness you are going strong, it's so great to hear. Looking forward to hearing about your 20 week scan.
    My mother arrives in just over a week and I'm looking forward to it, very much. I guess our next cycle won't be until next year, considering the waiting time with AIVF. Oh well.
    Babyplz, what's going on? Hope all is well with you
    xoxoxo Manni

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Tanya and manni, thanks for the replies :-) I do fifo work with my husband.

I actually started that work to put money aside more easily for ivf. It's going to be hard to leave the job because its helped get us so far ahead financially and plus I have always worked since I was 14 and it scares me to death to think about not working!

Something I need to get over. Anyway my plan of attack when I go back to my 21 day swing next week is to quit all chocolate, my 3 cans soft drink a day, and to lay off the cheese. It's going to fall short of killing me, but I know these things will all help. I will be working 12hr shifts everyday so I don't have much time or energy for exercise. But thankfully I'm physical for most of the 12hr work day.

Look forward to keeping u guys updated on my journey too :-) what is the approx wait time with aivf?

cheers Kristy :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, thought I would jump in on this thread. I am with affordable Ivf and cannot recommend them enough! Nurses and docs are all lovely and there really is no different between this clinic compared to the clinics that charge $10 000. Tanya how are you going? Haven't seen you on the Sunshine Coast Ivf group for a while? Cheers Amanda

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey Amanda im still here, waddling along. where are you in your cycle Amanda?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are having a break from it all now for the rest of the year. I'm a bit run down and want a break so we will start again next year around march.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Enter button still not working... sorryf

Hi again lovely ladies and welcome to Amanda and Kristy Sorry I haven't been in touch recently, we've had internet issues with Telstra and it is finally up and running again. Went on for 7 weeks. Grrr... Our cycle didn't work again. AF came 14 days after EPU despite all the progesterone. Was so annoying as we went on a family camping trip to Rainbow the few days before AF was due, anyway, I was feeling ill each night, and even had a couple of vomits. My hubby, mum and sister got so excited, and I was quietly excited too. Turns out, it was probably from eating fatty food as I'd been eating very healthy for the 5 weeks prior. Oh well. Back to the drawing board. We're having a good break now... maybe 6-12 months, and then possibly straight to egg donor. Only 3 weeks until we move now so looking forward to a new and exciting adventure. What's going on with you all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

We have just moved up from Sydney and are looking around for where to go for baby #2. I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions?

Does AIVF treat people with very low AMHs? Mine was 1.5 around 2 years ago when I was last tested, so has probably gone down even more.

If they do treat those with a low AMH, what is the highest FSH they give? I was on 400 for my long down reg cycles in Sydney.

If you don't live on the Sunshine Coast, do they give you referrals to have your bloods and scans done closer to home? (I live in Ormeau Hills)

What is the up front costs for an IVF cycle? What is the OOP? And do they charge you an additional fee for the actual EPU?

What are costs for freezing? FETs?

Any other info you think I might need?

TIA!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rosewhite-
    im currently 22 weeks pregnant after a round with affordable, My ahm was 8.8 but that was tested start of last year so god knows what it was this round,
    i was on 300 an injection, i had extremely poor egg quality last round got 14 eggs 1 survived and didn't take, and i was on 400 then, this round i got less eggs but high quality 5 eggs, 1 implanted took, 2 frozen. I also live down this way in Marsden. I think i only had to drive up 4 times in the round but its only 1.5 drive. they do post the drugs to you if you need more. we stayed up there for the egg pick up as you need to be in the hospital at 6am. i think i only had 3 follicle scans, and then you go back if you get a positive at 7 weeks for a dating scan.
    we paid $1000.00 for freezing i think. i had blood test down here but not the scans otherwise you will be paying for them.
    hope this makes sense. when do you start your round with them
    thanks
    Tanya

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tantom For This Useful Post:

Rosewhite  (21-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info! I'm currently investigating both The Fertility Centre in Springwood and the Affordable IVF clinic in Nambour to see which is best for me. Whichever, I'm glad that I won't have to travel back to my low cost IVF clinic in Sydney *wooooot*

Thanks
    Reviews
    i looked at both, but springwood only help if your bmi is low, and they dont do the egg pick up under a general only give you gas.