+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF babies due July/August/September 2013

Well mine is an interesting one as I originally accepted as the position description said continued not fixed! I also turned down 2 further job applications while waiting got my contract. However I did make them pay me higher than the starting band so I guess I had a slight win but still rules me out for the 36wks maternity leave I would have gotten.
    So yes this is plan 2 - get another job at the same workplace to qualify.
    I think I would still qualify for the govt 18 wk paid mat leave and worst case the baby bonus.

Yes Nat wherever you work sounds generous

Jen self employed I guess being that organised you would be well prepared for baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was checking out the paid parental yesterday, as long as you have worked 10 out of 13 months, you qualify (providing you meet the income test ) and it doesnt matter if you change jobs and/or casual

Im just going to finish when Im ready (hopefully) and then take a year out and either go back to where I am now or look for a new job..

Thanks
    Reviews

That's the 18 wks paid leave Vivre?

Yeh I should be sweet with that one too but plan on working right up til a few weeks before due date (when my contract ends) but taking the odd long weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am very lucky as I will be taking 12 months off with full pay as I will be incorporating my long service into my leave. We can have up to 2 years off and return to our position either part time or full time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Very well done Samarasmum

I only plan on taking 6 mths as all going to plan I will return to work most likely bk in NZ and get married and then have FET for bubs number 2

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh it's so confusing isn't it! I went back to working 2 weeks after I had DS as no one else can cover me. I teach children self defence and martial arts so it takes a bit of skill to control a group of kids but its really good fun. It's also only for 6 hours a week that I am out of the house and not all together. My dh gets home and we baby swap for me to go to work. I think that is why him and DS have such a strong bond as dh had the one on one time from very early. The only issue was breast feeding and it wasn't really an issue, I just made sure some was expressed for just in case but DS was a regular 3 hour feeder so I fed before and after!

The joy of working for yourself hey! It's all good though, I am lucky in that I love my job and spending time building confidence and fitness in kids. If I took a long time off I would miss it terribly!

How is everyone feeling today? I'm not having many symptoms at all now, occasional sore boobs and a sicky feeling but not much!

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews

That's an awesome job Jen and must keep you in shape too! But my god only a 2 week break.

I used to coach tennis about 10 hrs a wk outside my FT job in NZ before I moved to oz and I miss it so much - working with kids is so more better than adults I find

My food poisoning has gone, and everything get extra cooking time now lol. A bit of cramping this arvo but now nothing. I have had to remind myself I'm pregnant lately as symptoms have been minimal...touch wood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's amazing how different work circumstances are with maternity leave. I hadn't really considered before how much some people have to sacrifice or save etc to be able to have children. Long service leave is also available to me - however I don't think I can quite let go of the idea of continuing to use that for travel later!! Of course the realities of being a mum may change my pipedreams of that in the future (call me naive for now ).

Well I've gone through a bit of stress about my lack of symptoms but I'm trying to remain positive and be grateful for feeling well for now. Today I considered trying to get another blood test to reassure myself before the scan in 10 days, but I think I just have to settle down and trust that all is well.

Good to hear you're over your food poisoning Chances. I just came home from my husband's sports club shared dinner where I didn't even think about what I was eating and then realised I'd eaten all the things I'm not supposed to!! Ham, chicken etc etc. I wasn't even thinking!! Goes to show how un-pregnant I feel....completely slipped my mind. Cross at myself when I realised but I'm sure the chances of danger are low so I won't get worked up about it. Does anyone else forget??

I also make cheese for a hobby and tomorrow I start a big batch of brie for Christmas and it's the first time I won't be able to taste test what I'm making...weird!

Thanks
    Reviews

Well I work at a uni and mat leave is amazing if you qualify! What I find frustrating is most admin based jobs that mainly women can/want to do are only contracts! I think it's a big cost saving measure and I asked why my role was only fixed term when it was a core role to the running of the school and was told after my 12mths it would most likely go continuing...lol but after 6 mths in it I see why most opt to leave!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Well woken up nervous and feeling sick! Only a day to go till my scan and I feel excited but anxious at the same time. The sick bit I think is my ever increasing morning sickness!

Jen