+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all! My first week as a lady of leisure so I can check in and try and see how everyone has been!

Hope what an amazing nursery you have! Love it! So you have a big baby on board? Goodluck with the car selling.

Nat sorry to hear about your dog How did you get on with the nursery - pics?? Now you're the one having twins right? How are they going - what week are you now?

Vivre great news on bubs growth but sorry to hear you may have pre-eclampsia..fingers crossed it stays away and you make it to term! Hope todays tests are better.

Samarasmum - 25th June is not far for you!! Yay so you will be the first from our group?? I loved my hospital tour

AFM - Baby is doing fab, any earlier concerns re low placentas (i have 2 attached with vessels that were over cervix) have been eliminated and reconfirmed as no risk a few weeks ago so we are ecstatic! This week has been somewhat busy with my midwife antenatal classes, a maternity photo shoot and we went and saw Comedian Chris Tucker last night for my fiancee's early birthday pressie (his bday is in July when bubs is due).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chances For This Useful Post:

Vivre  (15-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Chances about the placenta as you were so worried. Enjoy your weeks off. I found my first week off after I finished work was my busiest ever trying to start getting through my long list of things to do

Samarasmum I'm sure it is feeling very real now.

Good news from me on my hospital visit yesterday. Most of the protein has disappeared so although BP is still all over the place Im on orders to rest and re-appear on Wednesday so I say that's reason to be cautiously optimistic. Fetal monitoring is pretty awesome, getting to listen to your baby's heartbeat for a few hours is something I never get sick of. It was also interesting to spend a few hours in the hospital where Im going to give birth to meet some of the lovely staff and get a feel for the place.

Have a good weekend everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Chances and Vivre - that's great medical news for you both. Not long now.

Hope - love the nursery. We have been renovating for the last 4 years and not getting far. I will be happy to have the nursery painted and maybe some curtains before bub arrives.

AFM - we are taking a wait and see approach on the c-section, though with the breech and the previous medical issues I think a c is more likely. We had our first ante-natal class today, so now I'm a bit scared and think I might like the assurance associated with the c. But my plan is to have no plan and see what happens. Everything I have ever planned with fertility/pregnancy has always ended up rather different, so I don't expect this to be any different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Vivre,

Yip i was one stressed out mama for a while there! It still plays on me but i've been reassured that placentas only move up (with the uterus) so no chance of the vessels getting in the way.

Good news on the protein and how is the resting going? Last week I was stil pretty hyper and had things on to keep me busy, this week I have things to do but am in cruise mode lol...so nothing is getting done!

Thanks DJ Nette - did you watch a video on c-section in your antenatal class? Pretty graphic the one i saw but good to know what goes on. I agree - no plan is a good plan, we have a few scenarios given what we are presented with on the day but nothing in concrete - just options. Are you doing anything for the breech? My lil one only turned the other week, turned back breech early last week and then turned back again a few days later! Currently unbreeched and i think its figured out they get more room this way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Samarasmum how are you doing? The 25th is really close now so exciting!!

Vivre yay for the protein disappearing hopefully you BP settles down ASAP. I hate the 'just relax' statement too! If only it was that easy.

Chances- yay for the placenta moving! I bet it's a relief for you :-)

Well, we had an eventful day yesterday. We had our OB app and my BP has risen again so had to notify work that I'm off work as of now. Feeling mixed emotions as I was so prepared for finishing in 2 weeks and just don't quite know what to do with myself, but the aim of the game is to keep bubs in as long as possible so I'm ok with that just need to learn that I can't control everything anymore (you'd think 5 goes of IVF would have taught me that)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chances, resting going ok. Ive felt really tired (more than normal this week) so laying on the couch watching tv hasnt been too tough. Off for another hospital visit this afternoon so fingers crossed everything still ok.

Good luck with keeping the BP under control Hope. Ive often wished they had a magical formula to help you relax. Ive taken to warm bath and deep breathing whenever I can feel any kind of stress.. hope it helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    How'd you get on yesterday vivre? Hoping all went well :-)

I've been feeling off, not sure what it is or if its normal pregnancy related third trimester complaints, lots of cramping on and off and tight as tight Brixton hicks and back to that first trimester exhaustion. I have my baby shower on Sunday though so very excited to see all my family & friends...anyone having a baby shower? I wasn't too fussed but mum insisted and it'll be great to see everyone although I dread the baby shower games.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chances How did your maternity photo shoot go?

Vivre That is great news about the protein disappearing. How is your resting going? I have noticed when I finished work that I have done lots of sleeping and lost a couple of days during the week by going to sleep in the morning and waking in the afternoon.

DJ Nette I hope the no plan works for you and all goes well.

Hope2487 I am going really good and getting excited. Try and take it easy and get plenty of rest. Do you check your own BP. Exhaustion is normal as I have been pretty exhausted since I have finished work taking lots of naps where I can. Good luck with your baby shower on Sunday. I haven’t had a baby shower for any of my pregnancies. Just try and enjoy your baby shower.

A Big to everyone else. I hope everyone is well.

AFM I only have one appointment left on Friday morning and then I go in on Tuesday. I have to be at the hospital at 6:30am. So it looks like I will be having a Morning baby. I can't wait and the kids are excited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies!

Vivre - How did your appointment go? Yip i've made my way thru a lot of TV series so far

Hope -Yay baby shower this wknd! I'm not having one as I don't know many people here but got some lovely gifts when I finished up work Yip I started getting sooo tired again in the third Tri and lately have been cramping and having what I figure is round ligament pain...I try stay off my feet as much as possible. Any good news on ya BP?

Samarasmum - Good to hear from ya! Maternity shoot was amazing - very happy with results from 2 very unphotogenic people! I've already sent off to have 1 printed on canvas so hoping it arrives soon.

Sorry if i've missed someone - hope everyone is well?

AFM - 11 days to go before i qualify for my work maternity leave so trying to take it easy...The Brisbane baby expo is on today so a weee bit excited but know I need to rest when I can - these days 10mins on my feet results in cramping, so I will be taking a few sit down breaks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so excited for you Samarasmum! That's so so close :-) only a few more sleeps and the first baby will be here YAY! Will you be in hospital for long?

Chances- these pains are so annoying! I'm the same standing too long and my whole belly tightens, and at night time it's all in my legs. How exciting about the baby expo...I've been waiting for one in Adelaide but haven't seen one yet!

I have been asked to start checking BP at home, it was 140/90 at the Drs which while not awful is high for me, they were hoping being off work it'd drop but its sitting the same or upto 150/100 so we'll see what my OB says Tuesday.

How good are naps by the way? Sleeping at night is awful, uncomfortable and frustrating but that 45 minutes on the couch could not be any better :-)