+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad your hubby's will be around to help :-)

I'm having at least 8-9 months off my full time job as ill be paid for most of it so want enjoy bubba as much as I can, we own a wedding hire business as well so won't get a break from that but that's ok it's all from home apart from Saturdays. My full time job allows me to do 4 shifts a week for 6 months then its compulsory full time again, which we'll need for future IVF anyhow!

Oh Nat I hadn't ever thought that twins was double the names to pick!!!! We're struggling with 1 of each sex although I think we're agreed now...just tossing up middle names and whether to use family names or not may just wait and see if we have a boy or girl.

We start classes on Tuesday my poor DH will be squirming he is not good with anatomy/medical talk no matter how 'natural' it may be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope, my hubby was the same. Our first pre-natal was a natural labour and he just sat there with his eyes wide open. For some reason the use of fit balls seemed to freak him out but having said that, our midwife just keeping talking about them all the time.

Names is an interesting one for us, we have a few picked out but we think we'll wait to met her before we decide. I'm always amazed by people in the work context that constantly asked me about sex and names as if these things are always broadcast. I may be a bit old fashioned but Ive kept the sex to close family/friends and I'm even more reluctant to even discuss potential names in case I get a bad reaction.

Work-wise I finish this week and then Im was planning a year off. I'm on a fixed term contract which expires end of this year and despite the fact my management have been saying to me that they want me back, yesterday I received a letter stating there was no guaranteed position dropped off on my desk. (Nice way to treat a 8 mth pregnant lady). I wasnt overly keen with the position and am fairly sure I can find another job with my skills so think I might start looking when bubs starts childcare next year. If worse comes to worse Ill ring them up and see if my job is still there
    Its obviously not ideal but I knew i wasnt getting to get any work related parental leave so luckily we have money saved plus some gov PPL to keep us going, worse comes to worse, we'll just survive on hubby's wage.

Hope, my plans for the next 5 are to rest and relax between Drs appointments. Im now only weekly Obs appointments thanks to high blood pressure and I start faetal monitoring in 2 weeks because of my high risks. Im not sure what that means but Im assuming Ill be hooked up to a machine for some time to check bubs is ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies

Looks like everyone is travelling along really well. So good to hear!!

Samarasmum – I can’t believe it’s only 4 weeks until you meet you baby. That is so close and very cool. You must be getting so excited. Congrats on finishing work tomorrow. Enjoy your time off before bub arrives.

Vivre – YAY for finishing work this week too. Make sure you relax and enjoy this time while you can.

NAT256 – Hope you are starting to get off you cold and feeling better. Hope you are doing ok with your DH away.

Hope2487 – Enjoy your weekend away with DH! Hope you have a great time.

Addiegirl
    – Hopefully work starts to come down for you soon. End of year performance reviews are so time consuming. We’re going through that as well at the moment.

DJ Nette – We are the opposite. Boys name has been picked out for ages but soooooo much trouble with the girls name!

Hi to everyone else!!

AFM: Sorry I have been quiet. Just plodding along and forget to check in. Had my 28 week check up today (I'm a bit behind most of you ladies) and all looking great. No gestational diabetes, blood pressure looking good, bubs look healthy and happy – but measuring two weeks ahead…..eeeek! But we are both tall so OB said that was sort of to be expected. Haven’t started our AN classes yet. Don’t start for another month I don’t think. My hospital was really booked out so having them a bit late. I have 5 more weeks left of work and then about 7 weeks till bub is due. I’m planning on having two years off and then going back to work maybe 3 days a week from then.

How much weight have you guys put on if you don't mind me asking?

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilystar, I've put on just over 12kg so far at 31 and 1/2 weeks. Apparently 16 - 20kg is pretty normal for twins over the entire pregnancy. Mine has all gone on the belly so far, normal size everywhere else. I haven't had any fluid retention yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!!

Vivre yay for finishing work as well! It makes bubs arrival seem so much sooner when the end date is in site! That sucks about your work - my work tried to relocate me upon my return to a rural store an hour from home and saying they'd 'allow' me to be part time...which I'm entitled to per our agreement for 6 months anyway!! The things they try and get away with (and do get away with)

Lily star - I'm close you in due dates so still have work for a few more weeks (16 shifts and counting) but I'm sure our time will fly by especially :-)

Addie - boooo to work being so full on but hopefully it makes the time fly by for you

DJ Nette- single weeks yay!! I just can't wait til Sunday to be in the 30's!!

As for weight I'm up about 9 kilos at nearly 30 weeks :-( I'd put on 15 kilos in the year of IVF then by 18 weeks had put on 7 kilos from the steroids (most of this by 12 weeks) I was on that helped us conceive bubs...awful awful drugs but they did the job. So I've got a lot of work to do once the babies born.

Hi to everyone else!!!!! Have a Good Friday I'm off to get my eyelashes tinted for the first time ever as I have white eyelashes and can't be bothered with mascara one we have a newborn - we will see how it goes or if its disastrous and I have to hide for the next 4 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope2487 - wow we are almost the same! I put on 16kg in my year and a half of IVF and have put on 9kg at 28 weeks. I did change things up this last 4 weeks though and only put on 1kg verses 3 or so every other 4 weeks. So hopefully these changes will help keep the weight down a little bit the next 12 weeks.

Nat - wow that is awesome. Especially for twinnies! I have been lucky too with no swelling or anything yet, but I'm trying to walk as much as I can to help with that.

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like not very long until everyone finishes work so thats great. Im started sleeping in the afternoon nows which has been good as I get quite grumpy from my aching back.

Weight-wise, Im up about 9kgs at start of 33 weeks. Being diabetic means I have had to control my eating really closely so Im actually surprised how little I have put on. I am however starting to really expand in the belly so I wouldn't be surprised if I start increasing by a kg each week.
    I figure once baby arrives and I recover from the process, there will be lots of walking in the pusher with bubs so not too concerned about where I end up. Dont forget the golden rules girl, 9 months on, minimum of 9 months off

I was also starting to think pampering myself girls, wondering more about areas closer to the birth area as I wanted to make sure I dont make my recovery from the caesar worse. Anyone started thinking about things like that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubs arrival booked in for 24 july @8am - starting count down

DD has come down w hand foot n mouth and has become extremely clingy w me and not sleeping, it is a stuggle. All you ladies having your first enjoy sleeping while you can! I am envious.

As for pampering it is worth getting a wax across the top where the cut will be if you are having a csection otherwise you'll get a dry shave by one of the nurses... they wont tell you that at antenatal class... best advise i got from one of my girlfriends before having dd. Sorry if tmi.

Also packing for bubs you probably need to bring your own wipes my hospital doesnt say that on their packing list. Id recommend a box of good quality ones like huggies. You might also want some bath products for the first bath but not essential. Hospital is usually quite warm so not so much clthes req. Bring your wraps if you plan to use and nurses can show you how to do it.

Hope everyone is doing well and had a good weekend.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vivre 5 weeks tomorrow for you. Are you sitting back and relaxing? That’s not good about the job front. Hopefully things work out for you on the job front.

NAT256 Good luck with your OB and scan tomorrow.

Hope2487 Not quite ready. I have just about everything I just need to do some organisation. How was your weekend away? We have decided on names but not telling anyone. DH is taking about 7 weeks off. How did your eyelash tint go?

Addiegirl It is hard having lack of sleep while pregnant, Try and get sleep where you can. Just organise for your last day as I ended up running out of time at work and managed to run late picking up the kids from school. I’m having 12 months off full pay and plan on going back full time.

DJ Nette It is good having a job that you love. I will be keeping on top of my emails while I am on leave.

Lillystar Sounds like you are heading for a big baby. Ours baby has been sitting above the 95 percentile for a long time now and I am heading for a 3.8kg baby. 5 weeks will fly by. At 34 weeks I have put on 14kg, I also have a lot of fluid retention.

A Big to everyone else, I hope everyone had a great weekend.

AFM I ended up having a pyjama day to day and started organising the house. I get to do reading at school for the first time this year tomorrow. I can’t wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi samarasmum - Yes our scan and ob visit went well today. Our bubs are just over 2kg each now and still measuring right in the middle of normal for everything. The ob doesn't need to see me for 3 weeks now, which takes me to 35 weeks. Normally he'd be up to weekly visits for identical twins but since it's all going so well we don't need to. I'm trying to decorate the nursery now! What are others doing for nursery? We have an old home in a very 'country' style so I think I'll stick with that theme. We have timber floors, white panelled timber walls and exposed timber beams in high ceilings. I think I'll paint the bottom of the wall in a dusky pink and then use some of our vintage furniture to add some interest, with the white cots. Hubby is bringing home cots etc from the city tomorrow so it's time to actually assemble it all and get ready.