+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ha Vivre! That's hilarious! Glad it was a useful day though. My ante-natal class was good and definitely worth going to. Not too much new information for me in the first session but nice to be reassured and also to hear more about how the hospital works, what will happen if bubs are prem etc. The only downside is the classes are 7 - 9pm and are 150km away!! So it makes for a late night each Monday night by the time we get home and I'm still working full time too. Oh well, the joys of country life. Saw the ob on Monday also and the Doppler problem they saw last time is better this time and quite normal for twins to have it apparently, nothing concerning yet. They've both reached 1kg in weight now which is spot on. Still on fortnightly scans and visits and still feeling good, so that's great. The ob said that he won't let me go past 38 weeks because they're twins and now I have to decide about C-section or not. He is pro C-section because it reduces risk, but my bubs are in the correct position now and unlikely to turn so there really isn't any reason why I can't try natural if all progresses well. What do others think? I would like to try natural, especially because of recovery time but I don't want risk either of course. My feeling is the ob is making life simple for himself. Any advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe all obs try to make life easier for them selves a c- section fits very well into there day!! Who wants to be woken up at all hours of the night or early morning ay??? lol
    That's why I'm going natural. And like you said faster recovery too. It's up to you in the end luv but if you can why not got natural.. Xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah thanks newmummy2b, I feel the same. We live on a farm out of town too, so weeks without a drivers license afterwards isn't ideal. Of course I'll go a C-section if there's a real reason to, but I reckon I'll stick to my guns and have a go natural if possibly can. How strange that we want such pain....!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely I'm the same if something goes wrong then ill have one but I'd like to think they try everything natural possible before i have one though... i think it's used too often these days. Yes we're probs mad but I'm looking forward to the whole experience our body's are made for this so y not embrace it ay lol sickos we are.... How long have u got left Nat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go natural if you want to and if the experience is important to you. Recovery may be shorter or longer depending on how things go some recover quick from natural and some not. I have a friend who still has bladder / prolapse problems 2 years on after a natural birth. I had a very quick and easy recover after cs I could lift and drive after about a week. We checked w the insurance company and they said driving after a cs was ok. Other people may have had different experiencies everyones body is different.

I guess the added risk w twins is that you manage to deliver one naturally and then no 2 requires an emergency cs. Or the need to manually turn no or deliver breech. Got a friend who delivered twins naturally and she was recommended to go w an epidural in case manipulation was required. It wasnt and she had no probs w her birth so its def possible.

Do whatever feels right for you.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I agree Addiegirl, I could definitely end up C-section either way. I'm certainly high risk anyhow (with age and identicals) so nothing is guaranteed and I'd be fine with that. But I don't think I want to pre-book a C-section unless necessary. I'd like to keep the option open. The bubs are in the correct position now at 27 weeks and very unlikely to turn at this stage (due to lack of space) so that's a good sign. Newmummy2b - I'm now 27 1/2 weeks so I figure I'm about 10 weeks from delivery at the outside. Hope everyone else is going well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone
    Sounds like your putting lots of thought into it Nat, so hope it works out the way you planned.

Had our 28 week growth yesterday & bubs is just over a kg so thats apparently 60% percentile so all medical people are happy. Another increase in BP meds for me so will keep de-stressing and relaxing

We are also now booked in for a c-section on 9th July so according to Obs thats Plan A. All my medical issues pointed to that as the best solution so Im happy to go with that for healthy mamma and bubs. Ive now starting to count down in days - 67.. So excited but nervous at the same time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat your a week and a half in front of me hope all goes well what ever happens!! Saw a lady with new born twins yesterday they were so small and so cute!! I had to contain myself from getting all gooey lol
    Vivre it's not far away is it, but it will probs be the longest 10w ever!! can't wait to see some little bub pics up soon and hear some awesome birth stories and experiences!! I'm so clucky it's not funny lol xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    DJ Nette I hope you don’t get any more big bleeds and make it to 38 weeks.
    Jen80 Hopefully you go full term with number 3. I understand about the clothes.

NAT256 It is great that the twins are doing great. How are you coping with the late nights on Monday? Going natural if you can is good. There is a down side to having a C-section that you are never informed about and that is if you try for more babies there is a chance that you can end up with an ectopic scar pregnancy. That is the baby attaches to you C-section.

Vivre Breastfeeding is different for everyone and every pregnancy. I hope you can get your BP under control. Mine is under control with 3 tablets a day. You are booked in for your c-section on my EDD. I am in 2 weeks before you.

A Big Newmummy2b, Addiegirl and everyone else. I hope everyone has had a great week end.

AFM I have been busy and sick. It is not nice the kids sharing their gastro. I admire all the ladies that have Morning Sickness and continue on. I found it hard organising the family while being sick. All is good now and School goes back on Tuesday. I am also counting down the days till I finish work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey samarasmum, the Monday nights are worth it so I don't mind that they're late. Definitely a difficult trip home and uncomfortable by 11pm when we arrive home, but I'm happy to be going so it's okay. About to leave for another one in a minute. Hope you feel a lot better soon! I don't know how people are pregnant when they have other children, I'd be hopeless!! Let alone when you get sick too. I admire all of you who do this. I'm only having to look after me so I can take it easy when I need. Look after yourself! How long until you finish work? Is everyone else still working? I'm still full time but as I said, I have no other commitments and can come home and crash so it's a lot easier!