+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Newmummy2b They can tell the size of the baby by measuring the length of the bones and the baby's head. From what I understand on all my scans my baby has been measuring a week ahead. I am sure your next GTT will come back ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had a scan it was only the midwife feeling my tummy that's why I don't understand my 20w scan she was measuring normal for where I was at that time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Had an interesting ob appointment yesterday. All looking good at the moment and bub still doing all of the right things.

But, because of all that has gone on he won't be letting me go over 38 weeks (if I get that far). But we also discussed the possibility that another big bleed might put me on a helicopter to Brisbane or Townsville (better NICU than in Cairns) and have to deliver early. I'm only 24 weeks so this is all a bit scary. Basically I need to do as little as possible, which is easier said than done. So I think it will be a quiet ANZAC day here.

Hope everyone else is still going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nette, 24 weeks does seem to be when the big turn around happens. I always think they take you more seriously then as horrid as it sounds, because your baby is now viable! Do they know what is causing the bleeds??? Is it low placenta etc?? I know it sounds a huge thing to airlift etc but just to know they will if they have too is great that they won't risk anything happening to your baby. I hope you get to the 38 week mark, try and take it as carefully as possible and great news that bub is looking and measuring great! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh nette sounds scary but I'm sure they know what they are doing and know want is the best for you and your bub!! Please keep off your feet and rest do as they say!! i think 37w is classed as full term so not far to go!! man the crap we go through to have babies is unreal!! We are awesome really ay!! Take care hun thinking of u!! Keep us informed!!
    Hope everyone else is doing ok!! Xoxoxo take care ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gee Nette, that does make it all sound real and a bit scary but as long as the bub is okay, it will all be worth it. Because I live in the country, I'm 150km from my hospital but if anything happens 34 weeks or earlier I have to fly to the city instead, 400km away. We are really hoping that all goes well so that we don't end up so far from home. Well I had my scan today and the bubs are both looking really good. They are measuring just ahead of their time which is lovely to see. Not small yet, despite being twins. There is some sort of concern with the pressure on the umbilical Doppler but I'll have this explained to me more when I see the ob on Monday. Last measurement 2 weeks ago it was slightly below what it should. Today it is better, but still not perfect. Apparently it's usual for twins to be this way though so hopefully it's nothing dramatic yet. We start pre-natal classes on Monday night! Woo hoo!! Anyone else on their first bub and doing these? We're starting a little early as the twins will likely be a little early, and it goes for 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey nat! Great to hear the twins sound like they are doing awesome! That must be such a relief, I worry enough with 1 in there but 2 must be quite nerve wrecking! I am booked in for ante natal class in may with the option to attend or not..... This is my number 3, but I don't think a refresh does any harm. They booked us in for may as they think I will be early too with my previous history. I've never made it through a full course of ante natal due to bubs deciding its time too early!!!

AFM, I've got my anti d shot on Tuesday and am at the obs on Friday. I've been put on fortnightly appointments a bit earlier than usual apparently as he wants to watch closely to see if he can find a reason my waters rupture early. I don't think it's that early though, I'm 28 weeks on Monday. I have steroid shots booked for 31 weeks too. It seems quite strange to think that I had my other 2 6 weeks from now!!! On a positive the nursery is nearly ready and I have far too many clothes for my little pixie!

Jen x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Nette, hang in there, hope the baby hangs on as long as possible and you dont end up far away from home.

Great news Nat on the twins doing so well and enjoy the ante-natal classes. We start ours in 2 weeks. Im most worried about staying awake as I stupidly thought a Thursday night would be a good time to do ours and considering its 4 weeks of classes which go for 3 hours and Im still no less exhausted I don't fancy my chances Im actually going to a breastfeeding training course tommorow so that should be interesting. Apologies to anyone who is massively pro-breastfeeding but Im finding the organization a bit of cult-like so far. (massive emails/newsletters and very strong views). I wanted to go to best prepare myself so we can maximise the chances of breastfeeding but if it doesnt happen so be it, but I think Ill keep those kind of opinions to myself

Wow Jen I was freaking out that on Monday its 9 weeks until my bubs coming along but 6 weeks seem so close. Hopefully they will figure out whats going on otherwise its sounds like you have everything planned so it will be fine.

We go for our 28 week growth scan this week to see the size of bubs which will be quite interesting to find out the results. Hope everyone else is travelling ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vivre, as for the breast feeding try not to worry about how pushy they can be!! Just get as much information as you can and I'm sure there will be a section on here and other mum you can talk too about it. I hate it when they push something down your throat..... Makes me not want to! I am a trained peer supporter for breast feeding but I also know that it doesn't suit some people and that is their choice..... I would never try and influence someone's decision, just give support. I hope the class goes well for you though and you come away positive to try! have you done GCT yet???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jen it was a good day and I got lots of tips and info which will come in useful. Luckily there was only one mega-pro educator and all the others were great so now looking forward to giving it a go. They had someone come in and do a "live demo" which was great to see attachment and ask lots of questions.

Im still laughing, my hubby said to me on the way home if you told him he was going to spend a day looking at breasts, he pictured his day so much more differently

I have Type 1 diabetes already so one of the few benefits is no GCT for me..