+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 80 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    We had a 5 day fresh ICSI transfer. Should point out the quality was terrible and was barely at morula stage. FS actually didn't think it was worth transferring, but since we had travelled so far thought we might as well go ahead with it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

Fleur L  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Isn't it awesome to hear of all the good stories that come out if ivf?

Tomorrow my lol one will be 24 weeks - according to the Govt I'll officially be a mama, very proud

We had 3 2 day embryos to pick from and none of ours were flash either Nette. I picked the one with slightly more cell division a average grade 6 cell . I recall my FS saying you have better luck with average embryos.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chances For This Useful Post:

Fleur L  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I meet with my midwife for the first time today and she's worried about my weight I'm currently 96kg put on 6kg in 20weeks I don't know how to slow it down so I don't go over 100kg ober the next 20w I eat pretty good and only 3 meals a day and I get regular exercise eg personal training twice a week mow my lawns once a week and go for walks now and again for extra !! She has requested a early GTT blood test. Has anyone alse had this before its really worried me! Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi newmummy2b - do you know what your BMI is or your weight compared to your height? Try not to worry to much. Does your weight fluctuate much? I will probably have put on almost the same as you by next week (20 weeks) so I will let you know what my OB says then! All we can do us try to make good choices and get exercise in when we can. Some people will naturally just put on more weight then others no matter what they do.
    Last edited by Lillystar; 27-03-2013 at 13:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chances I hope you get good vibes when you see your consultant. We had a fresh Day 5 transfer using ICSI with Frozen sperm. DD and DS where both Fresh ICSI Day 5 transfer.

Newmummy2b Congratulations on having a girl. I hope your Placenta moves for you. I wouldn’t worry about your weight. My OB for my first 2 did not weigh me at all. With this one at 11 weeks I was 96Kg and at 23 weeks I was 106Kg my OB isn’t concerned about my weight I will have to do the GD test. Do you have a lot of fluid retention?

Vivre How is your blood pressure going? I can’t help you with a cot as my dad made ours back in 2005 and it is a safety cot as I have cats.

DJ Nette Congratulations on a girl. It is so hard not to give in when you have a lot of scans.

A Big Jen80, Lillystar and everyone else. I hope everyone is well.

AFM I have been busy with work. I can’t wait for Easter watching the kids hunt for easter eggs and catching up with friends and family.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Samarasmum For This Useful Post:

newmummy2b  (27-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call

Due in July 2013
    9th - Samarasmum Boy June 25
    10th - TK Wishing
    12th - Dyso80 Surprise?
    16th - Chances
    Surprise? June
    21st - Jen80
    Girl
    22nd - Vivre Girl
    30th- NAT256 Girls

Due in August 2013
    3rd - Addiegirl Surprise?
    9th - Kayjayhoping1 (Hypoplatic Left Heart Snydrome)
    9th - Newmummy2b Girl
    11th - Hope2487
    13th - DJ Nette Girl
    16th - Babymm
    23rd - Gregiada
    25th - Lillystar Surprise?
    29th - Luckyme1

Due in September 2013
    6th - Raindance

Our Precious Angels

Scans & Appointments

28 March - Gregiada
    2 April - Samarasmum OB appointment
    4 April - Lillystar OB appointment

18 May - Addiegirl 3D scan

Last edited by Samarasmum; 28-03-2013 at 21:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Newmummy, I think the test is recommended for most women these days so don't be too worried, and i've put on 6.5kgs when i weighed myself at 23wks and have a feeling its gone up at least another kg this one week!

Samarasmums i saw my consultant last week and he was unbelievable! rubbished the 20wk scan doctors report and only wanted to see me at 32wks for a rescan! totally unacceptable considering he was basing all this on his own personal studies and nothing to do with my case! So i fought with him and got him to look at a scan at 28wks and another consult. grrr so glad i did my homework before going in and stuck to my guns.

P.s still waiting on HR to confirm my mat leave arrangements but hoping to take from 34wks off (if we make it that far).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone

Thanks for the tips on the cot buying. We are going to the baby expo so we'll see what we find there and go from there

Samarasmum, Unfortunately the blood pressure isn't coming down. Went to obs yesterday and started on tablets and have to do 24 hour urine test. So far no pre-eclampsia so just have to try and take it easy for next week and see what happens. Im now at weekly obs appointments and probably for the rest of the time so at-least it will be measured and managed.

I had a 3 day fresh transfer and we have a girl to add to the test theories.

I know what you mean about 24 weeks chances, I was at the chemist today and she said only three months to go and I had a little freak out as that sounds so soon.

Newmummy2b Ive recently started stacking on weight too in the last 2 months I think Im probably up about 5 or 6kg, which Ive found really disconcerting.
    I have Type 1 diabetes so if you end up with GD I can help with advice on eating, low carbs are generally best. Contrary to popular belief diabetes isnt about sugar, its about carbs. The good thing you will also have to monitor for about a max of three months and then you can go back to your normal life.

The GD test is the only test I don't have to do but Im happy exchange it any day compared to managing diabetes full time. I was at my Diabetes dr yesterday and she said that I will be one of the few people that life will be easier for after the baby is born because of all the micromanagement I have to do now. Ive slept about an average of 5 hours for about the last 5 months in addition to the myriads of Drs appointments and tests.

However I keep reassuring myself it will be all worth it when we get to hold our baby girl in our arms

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Vivre For This Useful Post:

newmummy2b  (28-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I've been offline for quite a while as we moved to a farm and I haven't had internet access until now. I look forward to reading through all the posts and getting up to date on exactly how everyone's going. We had our 20 week scan a couple of weeks ago on our identical twins, so Samarasmum can you please put us down for GIRLS! Still getting my head around it because for some reason I could only imagine boys. Super excited either way though! They measured perfectly and ruled out risk factors so now I'm finally letting myself buy some goodies and enjoy the pregnancy. I'll read through everyone's posts over Easter, but just wanted to check in and say hi again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all
    had my scan at 19 weeks, everything seems norm( exept for the placenta lying on the lower side) and we are having a girl!!!! suddenly you find out that everyone in our families was hoping for a girl so it was a happy day ob appointment on tuesday.... last couple off weeks my blood pressure been really low and that makes me more fatigued

As for the weight , I have also put 5 kg, and started to stress about it, asked the doc who was doing the scan ,if that is a lot , and she said, as long as the baby measure correctly,it's fine, so would not worry too much about it ....

Ps. we had a 5 day fresh ICSI transfer ( for the gender research)
    have a happy easter everyone
    Last edited by gregiada; 29-03-2013 at 00:26.