+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmmm I dunno our policy says nothing about due date but more emphasis on the 12mths continuous service. https://ppl.app.uq.edu.au/content/5....parental-leave

Can anyone see how I might qualify? My 12 mth service is June 28 and I am due July 16 but am likely to have a csection rnd June 4 (34wks).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'm finally home. A week in hospital and three blood transfusions later, I am now allowed to sit on my own couch and not leave it other than bathroom and bed.

Ended up in our private hospital for the last 5 days, after our public hospital pretty much kicked me out and sent me home. I started bleeding again within 3 hours of leaving. Not very happy with their efforts. Can't fault the private though, fabulous service, wonderful midwives and they all seemed genuinely helpful (compared to being a number in the public). Hopefully I won't have to see any of them again for at least another 20 weeks.

Have had a number of scans and the baby is doing well and measuring correctly. There is some type of 'pool of blood' or a hematoma in the wall, they are hopeful that it will heal itself at some stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nette thats great news you are now home! and even better bubs seems to be obvious to it all

Your scaring me re public hospital treatment as I don't have private cover. That sounds terrible they shoved you out the door.

Take it easy and enjoy being hm.

How's everyone else going - shopping up a storm? I have totally spent bubs budget for now til it builds up again. Picked up our pram with extras, bassinet and my bonds order came in also. I have so much more to buy too but think we finally have the clothes sorted with some prem additions too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Home sweet home nette glad to hear everything will be ok would have been a scary experience! Rest up and don't move off that sofa till your allowed !!! xoxo
    I have put my spending on hold till we find out what we are having (in another two weeks yay!!!) Nearly half way can't believe it's going so fast. I got into the birth centre on the Gold Coast to have our baby so I'm pretty stoked all going to plan I can have my water birth! I don't have private health cover either chances so we In the same boat!! My trip to nz was short and sweet weather was beautiful loved spending time with my family miss them all heaps!! My man goes back to work today for his 4 week stint so I'm going to be a mess this arvo a week just isn't long enough getting sick of saying good bye!! Well ladies enough from me hope everyone is doing ok take care of your selves and your little ones!!! Ps I'm loving being pregnant it's the best! Such a happy mum to be. !! Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick post, got to get to daycare,

Nette, so glad you're home and they know where the bleed was from and it's not affecting baby! I know resting all the time sends you crazy but it's all worth it in the end!

Newmummy, I've got a big smile in my face from reading your last part of your post!!! Sorry hubby has to go away but you sound like you have that pregnancy glow going on, not long till you find out the colour, and then the shopping spree begins! Wait for the big kicks too, just when you're trying to get to sleep my bean decides its time to go crazy, always makes me smile...... Love it!

Hi everyone else, hope your all good!

Jen x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jen80 For This Useful Post:

newmummy2b  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    DJ Nette, glad that u home, just rest and everything will be ok...
    Newmummy, cheer up, my man left for 3 weeks today , went to do some retail therapy, finally found maternity jeans which aren't ugly, still not buying anything for hub, want to find out the sex in couple weeks first...looked at some prams (they had 20 % off) but not sure which one is good, my friend recommended city select, do you ladies have any favourites?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies,

Chances - fingers crossed your can figure out the maternity leave stuff. Its all so confusing! I need to start working out how to apply for the government paid paternity leave. Apparently there are lots of forms to fill in!

DJNette - YAY, that is great news that you are home! Glad the bub is doing well and that your stay in hospital went ok and you were well looked after.

Newmummy - so good to see how excited and happy you are. I am the same! Even though I still don't particularly feel pregnant yet I am so so so excited about being a mum. And super happy that it's all happening too x

Gregiada - good work on the maternity jeans. I am so happy that I am going to be big in winter, not summer. It will be leggings, dresses and cardigans for me. I haven't seen much I like here though, but have bought a few things from OS. Where did you get the jeans from? I think just jeans has some nice maternity jeans. We've picked out our pram. We are going for a mountain buggy as we are tall and it has good height handles etc. And I really like the look of it. But City Select were my other faves. Just need to check the mountain buggy will fit in the car! We are buying all the big stuff after the 20 week scan.

Hi to Jen, Samarasmum, Virve and everyone else, hope you are all well.

AFM - had a little bleeding for the first time on Monday which freaked me right out!! (I'm 16+3). I was in tears as this is my first bub and was so scared but rang my OB and they told me to make my way in and that everything would be ok. I got there to a full room of people (OB had just delivered a bub and was running late) and she saw me straight away. They were SO lovely and I am so happy with my choice of OB (her staff are fantastic too). She did a scan and everything looked fine but to be on the safe side put me back on pessaries for the next 3 weeks and off work for this week. I have another appointment (normal check up) tomorrow so hopefully bub is still ok and happy in there.
    Last edited by Lillystar; 13-03-2013 at 07:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lillystar hope everything will be ok with your bub, Im also 16 w5d and first pregnancy and freak out about everything, every time in bathroom checking if bleeding, did they tell you why you would bleed at this stage? Im sure it will be nothing serious,
    I bought 2 pairs of jeans in just jeans (skinny) , you right, it will be much easier in winter with clothing
    when DH comes back will go to pram warehouse and check the options...
    can't wait for my scan on 28th to check the bubs sex and if everything is os, last scan was at 12 weeks and I feel that it was ages ago, can't wait!
    did any of you had amniocentesis?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call

Due in July 2013
    9th - Samarasmum Boy
    10th - TK Wishing
    12th - Dyso80 Surprise?
    16th - Chances
    Surprise?
    21st - Jen80
    Girl
    22nd - Vivre Girl
    30th- NAT256

Due in August 2013
    3rd - Addiegirl
    9th - Kayjayhoping1 (Hypoplatic Left Heart Snydrome)
    9th - Newmummy2b
    11th - Hope2487
    13th - DJ Nette Surprise?
    23rd - Gregiada
    25th - Lillystar Surprise?
    29th - Luckyme1

Due in September 2013
    6th - Raindance

Our Precious Angels

Scans & Appointments

22 March - Newmummy2b 20 Week Scan
    25 March - Hope2487 20 Week Scan
    18 May - Addiegirl 3D scan
    4 April - Lillystar 20 week scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lilly, I'm having a June baby now! But I'm not changing threads just yet lol. Once I know my csection dates I will update