+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If I knew risks were this bad I would have just paid the high medical insurance 12mths ago so definitely will be for next time round if still in Australia.

It's upsetting to be told by my midwife that its highly unlikely I will be admitted at 30 wks even thou all international guidelines recommend it. I hope they have changed my mind when i see the consultant or I'm going to try find a hospital who will, worst case I get on a plane and go home. I know they take you early there.

I think public is fine but yeh when it's outside the norm not so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chances, try and stay positive about it all. I know it's harder to do but I would look at what they would do in hospital and try and do it at home, ie, you have your doppler, you can do bed rest etc. I have to say with hospitals too that if you ring them for every little thing, they will get you in! Don't be brave and quiet, tell them everything, ring the midwifes with every concern, they won't listen unless you pester and I never feel bad, it is their job!
    Is there any chance they could be wrong??? When your next scan???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey chances
    I agree with Jen. As someone who has had medical issues the majority of my life, back your instincts & be your own best advocate. I've found Drs opinions vary depending on who you talk to so may be worth keep asking questions & requesting what you want. It's hard work but it might help. Keep your chin up though as quite often it's not as bad as you first fear.

We've just come back from 20 week scan & Im assuming all is good. Lots of fantastic & good from sonographer so hope we have confirmation from Obs in 2 weeks
    The other news is we are expecting a little girl. Hubby & I are in shock as we both had convinced ourselves of a boy.
    We're both happy just need a few hours to get used to the idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats vivre forgot to say we are team pink too!! Like you, totally shocked I was sure boy!! My mothers instincts were totally out on this one but 2 out of 3 isn't bad!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Thanks for reading my worries, I'm more confident now and been in contact with some wonderful help from the international vesa previa people. Unfortunately once you have the condition it's not going to go away although later scans are harder to pick up the vessels on once bubs gets bigger, so I'm stoked it was found early.
    I'm still at work etc and quit all gym and just try rest take it easy when I can.
    Just have to wait and hope the consultant says what I want to hear.

Thanks for the support and congrats Vivre on having a girl!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Hi all

Well I'm sending this from my hospital bed in my local base hospital. Finding it hard to type with the blood transfusion cannula in my hand.

After bleeding heavily from 1am on Monday morning until my gracefully passing out on the toilet at 7am (well caught by DH) I ended up in an ambulance in here. Bub is all well, however my blood pressure fell drastically (87/39) and my heamoglobin is down to 67 so two nights in here on fluid and blood trying to get back to normal. Looks like lots of bed rest for me, which I am not happy about. I'm already completely bored (as is DH who has patiently sat with me the whole time).

While I am so pleased that this not impacting on bub and they are able to treat the symptoms, I really just want the whole thing to stop. Not getting much joy from any of the doctors on that front yet.

We were going to go for a gender surprise (and having been working on the boy theory), but with these endless ultrasounds we are bound to find out soon. After yesterdays scan DH is now leaning to girl.

Sorry it's all about me. Will get back to being a bit more social soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chances - sorry to hear your news! Glad they caught it early, hopefully they keep on it and everything will be fine.

DJNETTE - you poor thing. Sounds horrible. Hopefully they get you back to normal quickly so you can go home soon.

Jen and Virve - congrats on team pink!!

Hope everyone else is going ok xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kayjay - how are you doing lovely? Anymore news on your bubba? Thinking of you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jen oh wow another team pink! Hmm and I read somewhere ivf babies were more likely to be boys! Great news.

Dj Nette hang in there hun, your in the right place and glad to hear bubs is doing well. Get well soon

Hope everyone else is progressing well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Knew I forgot one lol it must be time for bed - thanks lillystar - hope u and bubs are good??