+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Where has my beautiful girl gone?

I want her back!!!my dd 2 is 3 in a fortnight and the last month or so she has been so naughty!!!she decided she didn't need her day sleep which is fine but by about 5pm she is absolutely exhausted.she hits yells screams throws things.its so frustrating.I don't yell at her because that doesn't achieve anything and I've tried distracting her and that works for about 2 minutes then she is back to it again.Dp works nights so its me and the 3 girls and I'm starting to lose my patience.will she grow out of it???please someone tell me she will!!!

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes she will My DS turns 3 in December, and he's been through this stage not long ago and seems to have got through it. He still has a complete meltdown every now and then, and back chats A LOT, but in general he has improved heaps.

The best thing I can suggest, is to relax and realise it's very normal behaviour for this age group. I'm normally a VERY patient person, and never ever complain about my children to anyone, then one day I found myself complaining about Hayden to my mum's group because he was frustrating me so bad.. and when I read it back, I thought to myself OMG I've just complained about my perfect little boy! And then I vowed to myself I would relax and just go with it, and honestly within a few days he'd calmed down so much. I think we were feeding off eachother and going crazy.

Good luck, I'm sure she'll calm down soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes.

One month after my daughter turned 3yo she became an absolute terror, and I posted on this forum about it. I received several responses from people with children who were nearly 3yo or had just turned 3yo and had the same problems.

The phase only lasted a couple of months. My little 3½yo is now a delight again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No advice as I'm right there with you! My DD turned 3 last week and has the attitute of a 13 year old all of a sudden!
    I'm pregnant and my tolerance level is nothing like it used to be and find myself snapping back (oops) which makes it worse.
    Also, with the early tiredness she wont eat dinner properly so on days i'm home i'm giving her dinner at 4pm. She is normally passes out between tantrums at 7ish.
    Its going against everything i've tried to do before. I can't remember a day that she hasn't had multiple meltdowns over insignificant things (this mornings was the colour of her hairbands)!!
    I've asked my sisters for advice (their kids are older) they just laugh and smile and say 'they get better about age 5' Nooooo!!!
    Sorry if this post makes you feel worse...but you def aren't the only one out here. Looking forward to some tips from those that reply ;o)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3 yr old DS was the same for a few months after dropping his day sleep. He didn't need a day sleep any longer but was so exhausted by 5pm. There were many evenings where he would lie crying on the floor while we sat eating dinner at 5pm. They just can't cope with such a long day.

He also became quite difficult to manage when he turned 3. I'm happy to say that he's back to his compliant, cheerful self again - he is 3 & 3 months. I printed a rewards chart of bubhub & laminated it for the fridge and found this really helped to put the focus on positive reinforcement.

Totally normal and your little one will improve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my daughter's behavior hits the wall, I take her into the bedroom, lie on the bed, hold her, turn off the lights and sing "Waltzing Matilda" to her. By the end of the song she's normally calm again. Sometimes, if we're due for bedtime, I bring in her milk. Or otherwise, once she calms down we have a bit of a talk and rejoin the house.

That's just what works for us. I haven't had a really, really bad bout of really bad behavior- ie, devil possession- from her, so...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Where has my beautiful girl gone?

My ds2 is exactly the same, turned three last week and is starting to have melt downs that he has never had before. 2's were easy with both my boys, 3's where the party's at!

We have a rule in our house, that if we are feeling angry we need to go to our room, get a book and have some alone time. It's a version of time out, without invalidating their feelings. Mummy and daddy also have to use the same rule. Doesn't work 100% of the time, but it's getting there. My now 4.5 year old was a very angry 3 year old and is starting to calm down a little.

Now she's not napping can you insist on rest time? I still make my 3 year old nap, I tell him when he's 4 like his big brother he can have rest time instead. Ds1 has a movie on when the other two nap, and about 50% of the time will fall asleep anyway.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mmy2b For This Useful Post:

Missbean  (07-12-2012)