+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's not your concern.

My kids won't do kindy and will start school a year later than they would start prep.

I'd hate to feel lectured on a choice I've made after considerable research and thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Do you say anything if you disagree with friends parenting?

Blissedout could you explain why you have decided not to start ur child in kindy or prep? - genuinely interested not having a go or anything. It hadnt occurred to me to not send DD to kindy etc so im really curious!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I havent read all the replies OP, but in answer to your question no, I dont say anything. My friend's son has terrible eating/dietary issues and I think they could do things differently, but its not my place to tell them that, so I say nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you say anything if you disagree with friends parenting?

Talking to a friend about something I though was important 'at least' to discuss and bounce ideas of
    Yeah. I know full well I can have thoughts about how they are doing things, I can comment, and they still have the right to choose what they want to/ think is best.

In your particular case : dsd was the same as your friends daughter. She was sooooo bright and smart, but was painfully lacking the skills to deal with school friends, teachers, the constant day to day school stuff. We didn't get it at the start, we felt very protective of dsd, that BM was wrong some how but in the end dsd has done soo well at school this year I can't imagine her going to school last year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    Blissedout could you explain why you have decided not to start ur child in kindy or prep? - genuinely interested not having a go or anything. It hadnt occurred to me to not send DD to kindy etc so im really curious!
    My kids are going to a private school that utilises a lot of Steiner philosophies. One of those theories is delaying formal learning and instead learning through creative free play, beginning the learning process through their imagination.

They do go to a school playgroup which increases to 3 short days a week during what would be their prep year.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (14-11-2012)