+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would just keep offering, in my experience they eventually eat some. If dinner does not get eaten, nothing else is offered.
    If they are eating well during the day they will be fine without dinner, if they are truly hungry they will eat what is offered. I know it is hard to resist giving them something like toast but i have found this only makes it harder as it is easier to refuse food when you know you will get something else if you do.
    I also find involving them helps, i started a veggie patch and my girls really enjoyed helping me plant/water the seeds and then eating what grew. I also involve them dinner making and give them a variety of things to try.
    Good luck, i know it very frustrating.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (14-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2 year olds eating driving me nuts!!!

Yeh ive tried the whole " look mummy is eating it yummm" Has worked on occasion but generally no go.

So frustrating!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default 2 year olds eating driving me nuts!!!

I agree with pp, don't offer toast, also instead of putting food on her plate, let her choose , I never give DS a plate of food, I put all the food on the dining table and ask him what he would like ( gives them control) he is now trying to master using tongs to get his own ( very messy!)
    Also it might be the dinner struggle she is fighting so as pp said, as long as she had lunch and brekky don't force it, offer some of what your having and if she says no let it go and hopefully once she realizes there is no fight she may relax?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Some great advice and reasoning here ladies

Thank you so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    She may just not be very hungry at the time you are feeding her. Maybe try pushing dinner back an hour or make lunch the main meal of the day and dinner something lighter.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend told me that a mhcn (?) said fruits have similar nutrients as veggies but more sugar. Dont know if that is true or not but i hope so. My kids dont like veggies but love a whole variety of fruit. I will usually serve dinner then a mix of fruits maybe half an hour later so at least they are eating something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS1 used to eat everything, after turning 2, I can not get him to eat veges. And sometimes he doesn't eat dinner at all.
    I am coming to a conclusion that he eats well enough during the day. Yogurt, fruit, milk and other things, that I don't need to worry about him and dinner too much just yet. But I still offer regardless. I still put the vegetables and stuff on his plate, sometimes I may even convince him to try something, usually by saying "You bite, I bite" type thing.

A friend of mine actually suggested a dice game to get them to eat.
    You can leave the table if you eat *roll dice* This many bites of your food. Sometimes some kids might like it and roll themselves, or keep rolling the dice and eventually eat it all. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    DD went through the same thing a few months ago. One night she came into the kitchen and i sat her on the bench top next to me and asked her to pass me things and as i cut them up i would tell her about them.... she ate her dinner that night! Infact i have found (she is 2.5) if she doesnt "help" me she wont eat her dinner but if she helps the she cleans her plate. I just make sure i am in between her and the stove.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (15-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    A friend told me that a mhcn (?) said fruits have similar nutrients as veggies but more sugar. Dont know if that is true or not but i hope so..
    Yeah ive heard this too....

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2 year olds eating driving me nuts!!!

Sorry but mostly not true - they have some of the same nutrients but in a lot less plus you need the green veggies for the antioxidants eg; the same amount of broccoli and apple

Folate - broc 63mg
    App. 3mg

Vit k. Broc 102mg
    App. 2.2mg

Calcium. Broc. 47mg
    App. 6mg

Iron. Broc. .74mg
    App. .12

Berries are the best fruits - i give DS goji berries which he loves, full of antioxidants and low in sugar

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (15-11-2012),SoThisIsLove  (15-11-2012)