+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My hubby works in emergency services, and attended a co-sleeping death of a 6 week old bubba a few nights ago. Needless to say it was devastating for all involved. I can't go into details except to say the mother was not under the influence of drugs/alcohol. But I just wanted to put it out there that deaths do occur to the very best of mothers. Women who are simply exhausted and doing the best that they can. I know, I co-slept with all 3 of my children on occasion myself. I guess what I am saying, is please do it as safely as you can - there are lots of guidelines around to make co-sleeping (bed-sharing really) safer. And please remember that many women in countries around the world do co-sleep/bed share, but they dont have the luxury of comfy beds and squishy pillows that we do.

I know some may be offended by this post, but given the number of bed-sharing accidents my husband has attended over the years (that naturally the general population don't hear about) I feel I have to say something
    Last edited by Kaybaby; 14-11-2012 at 13:08.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

angelini  (14-11-2012),harvs  (15-11-2012),Kiplusthree  (14-11-2012),SoThisIsLove  (14-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Please tell me honestly...

I often fall asleep with my 5 mnther next to me on the boob.. It is magical, I think to each their own so long as you do it as safely as possible. I personally try to put bub in his cradle of I am still awake just to be sure.

Hope you get some decent sleep soon! x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

harvs  (15-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Please tell me honestly...

If that is the only way your bub will sleep and it prevents you from get so exhausted from constant wake ups then do it..
    Did you know you can buy a breathing monitor that clips onto bub so if they stop breathing you are alerted straight away? Perhaps a worth while purchase to put your mind at ease if you're worried?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

harvs  (15-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to clarify....are you sleeping like this in your bed, flat on your back? or are you sleeping propped up? Or on the couch??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For me, no i wouldnt have bub on my chest at night time. I co slept with both my kids on the same bed but wouldnt feel comfortable with them on me at such a young age. For me day time naps are ok if i am sitting upright and awake. Hope you and bubba get more sleep soon, hugs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

harvs  (15-11-2012)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Thank you so much for your thoughts... Certainly given me a lot to consider. Hugs to you all!