Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i read all three of chelsea handler's books
    -my horizontal life
    -are you there vodka, it's me chelsea
    -chelsea chelsea bang bang
    was great, and i'm sure that all the laughing helped tone my uterus for contractions

as far as baby books go, trust your instincts. a quick read of up the duff and baby wrangling will give you all the basics. you just won't know until you meet baby - some things will work, things you say you will never do you WILL end up doing, and things you have never thought of (or read about) will be mentioned in passing in a mother's group.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

CharlieBug  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Books to read before first baby arrives

I second Tizzie Halls Save Our Sleep, she gives info on how to ensure you have enough supply. Some say it's not good for your supply but I have two friends who had no problems with supply after using her advice. She encourages expressing milk to build up your supply.

What to Expect the First Year is also fantastic as its divided into months so it's easy to read as you go along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby Love by Robyn Barker is a goodie.
    It covers feeding, sleeping, breastfeeding, milestones and so on- and divides it into a timeline eg: what to expect in the first 2-3 weeks, then 3 months and so on.
    There are parts of this book I still look at regularly even now I am on bub number 3. eg: wonder weeks, settling. It has some 'routines' in there as well.

(Also, I don't know who wrote about cues for hunger and tiredness and so on- but I have found that all my babies really do say 'ning' when they are hungry- clear as day! Tiredness sounds are more of a 'werrr').