+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: What to do in this case???

Not a single mum - I have very little interest in sports like afl, rugby etc... so either my df would take them OR if they begged to go. Not if my Df decided that's what sport he should play.

Not that it matters as jasper will be a pro basketballer (jk)

And honestly I don't know how single parents manage to get through each 24 hour period let alone someone else also deciding how they spend their time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 14-11-2012 at 09:48.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Izy  (14-11-2012),Kiplusthree  (14-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    You sound very confident and sure about your decision, I really really don't understand why you even felt the need to start the tread
    Just to see if I have a right to say no I guess. But people dont care what I have to say unless they can be nasty and attack.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    She's not a single parent as she has a new partner!
    Just taking issue with this.
    I am repartnered but I still post in the single parent section because I believe that I have experience in dealing with a parent who is no longer my partner. So while I might not be currently 'single', I do have single parent knowledge.

This thread has nothing to do with being repartnered or single....its about how to say something to the FOB who she is no longer with, therefor it is something single parents (or parents who are no longer with FOB/MOB) can help with. For people who are still with their childrens FOB/MOB to post is slightly off because they have no idea what it is like to have to handle the situation with a child that goes back and forth between parents. THATS the problem with them posting in a single parent section.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Benji  (14-11-2012),Bennos Mummy  (14-11-2012),CMF  (14-11-2012),shelle65  (14-11-2012)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I am re opening this thread, however it comes with a stern warning.

The OP has ask for help in dealing with her ex husband, not opinions on her parenting, her relationship or whether or not her son should play Auskick.

Rude, nasty, argumentative or unsupportive posts will be deleted and infractions given.

If you do not have a constructive comment, please do not comment.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (14-11-2012),shelle65  (14-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    OP I would just tell him you have other plans for extra curricular activities. My ex suggested soccer for DS, but I personally think swimming lessons are FAR more important at his age so I just said no. *shrug* I said if he wants him to play soccer he is more than welcome to on his time but I will take him swimming. He already does activities after school so I didn't see the need for soccer on weekends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Just taking issue with this.
    I am repartnered but I still post in the single parent section because I believe that I have experience in dealing with a parent who is no longer my partner. So while I might not be currently 'single', I do have single parent knowledge.

This thread has nothing to do with being repartnered or single....its about how to say something to the FOB who she is no longer with, therefor it is something single parents (or parents who are no longer with FOB/MOB) can help with. For people who are still with their childrens FOB/MOB to post is slightly off because they have no idea what it is like to have to handle the situation with a child that goes back and forth between parents. THATS the problem with them posting in a single parent section.
    Thats what I thought this board was for??? For people who are no longer with their childs other parent. Its not a blended family problem or a partnered one. I never said I was 'single'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    OP I would just tell him you have other plans for extra curricular activities. My ex suggested soccer for DS, but I personally think swimming lessons are FAR more important at his age so I just said no. *shrug* I said if he wants him to play soccer he is more than welcome to on his time but I will take him swimming. He already does activities after school so I didn't see the need for soccer on weekends.
    I said this to my DP last night. I would rather *right now* he got into something that would save his life and more useful, like swimming. That way I can get both kids in on it as well. Two birds with one stone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    Thats what I thought this board was for??? For people who are no longer with their childs other parent. Its not a blended family problem or a partnered one. I never said I was 'single'
    I think she was agreeing with you, saying that those that are repartnered but still have to deal with the ex can still give and receive support in this section. It's people who are still with the other parent of the child (like me ) shouldn't be here.

I do post in this section every now and then even though I've never been a single mum. But I always offer support to the single/repartnered OP as I was part of a blended family and know how hard it can be on everyone.
    Last edited by delirium; 14-11-2012 at 11:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    I said this to my DP last night. I would rather *right now* he got into something that would save his life and more useful, like swimming. That way I can get both kids in on it as well. Two birds with one stone.
    That's what I'd tell the ex Auskick is fun and all but it's not really up to him to decide on his activities if he's not even around IMO. If he wants to play football with him on his days with him, he can go for his life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I think she was agreeing with you, saying that those that are repartnered but still have to deal with the ex can still give and receive support in this section.
    Yes I know she was agreeing. I just didnt know why people were saying stuff like "your not even single".