+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    lol Yeah well he is the type of guy when we were together had nothing to do with his kids but when we went to family gathering for eg. He would go on and on about all this stuff "we" did, where in truth he did sweet f all. I hate him I really do, but thats nothing to do with this. I hate AFL and that makes it worse, but the fact that he wants this from me when he will have to do nothing but pay for it.... I dont know if I want to do it. For a lot of reason.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleigh For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (14-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What to do in this case???

Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    lol Yeah well he is the type of guy when we were together had nothing to do with his kids but when we went to family gathering for eg. He would go on and on about all this stuff "we" did, where in truth he did sweet f all. I hate him I really do, but thats nothing to do with this. I hate AFL and that makes it worse, but the fact that he wants this from me when he will have to do nothing but pay for it.... I dont know if I want to do it. For a lot of reason.
    A few posts back you said you guys had a great relationship, made all decisions together regarding the kids, didn't speak negatively about each other and have left the past in the past etc etc The above certainly doesn't sound that way.

I hope you are ok because your posts are now contradicting each other. Do what you think is right - if DS isn't asking to play and you feel this strongly about it, then don't take him.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm with River Song, I don't think you're being selfish, sounds to me like you do most of the running around and organizing for your child, why should the father put more demands on your time for his own preferences.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Amira  (14-11-2012),Cleigh  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    A few posts back you said you guys had a great relationship, made all decisions together regarding the kids, didn't speak negatively about each other and have left the past in the past etc etc The above certainly doesn't sound that way.

I hope you are ok because your posts are now contradicting each other. Do what you think is right - if DS isn't asking to play and you feel this strongly about it, then don't take him.
    Sorry, worded it wrong lol Dont talk about about each other infront of the children. I know what its like growing up in a family where parents are nasty towards each other to their kids etc.

We do though, have a decent relationship concidaring. But of course, we dont always agree lol

No DS isnt asking. He doesnt even know. It was just a text from EXDP saying he wants it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a good parenting relationship with my ex...never say a bad word in front of the kids etc....

I think he is an idiot most of the time.

It is very possible to have a good parenting relationship with someone you think is an ****, at least you are not still with them lol and it makes it bearable.

Hang in there, i think saying no is fine and it is hard for others to understand if they are not in a single parent household with a ex who likes to call the shots and not do any of the legwork.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (13-11-2012),CMF  (13-11-2012),Kiplusthree  (14-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Just read the first few post and woooow not sure why you are coping with so much flicking...

I don't find you selfish at all. If the dad wants his kid to experience X, Y or Z he needs to organize it himself.

Not sure what is the best way to bring it to him though?
    I cant believe the dad is even expecting you to do it...

Anyway, just wanted to say I'm in your corner

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (13-11-2012),Kiplusthree  (14-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thank you for all the replies. After much thought, yes believe it or not from both sides. I think I will say no. I was just planning on putting it "I have thougt about it but I cant see anything benifial at this age for him. Maybe when he is older"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleigh For This Useful Post:

CMF  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post

It is very possible to have a good parenting relationship with someone you think is an ****, at least you are not still with them lol and it makes it bearable.
    This is refreshing to know - because it's very new to me and right now I can't stand my DH, who has suddenly left while I'm pregnant, along with a 14mth old. To know we still have the chance of a good parenting relationship gives me some hope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is refreshing to know - because it's very new to me and right now I can't stand my DH, who has suddenly left while I'm pregnant, along with a 14mth old. To know we still have the chance of a good parenting relationship gives me some hope!
    It is possible. You just gott try be the bigger person. We are going through so much atm... Well he is putting me through it. I just see it as I dont give a rats right now.

Thanks
    Reviews

It takes time and effort...but it can be done. I hated my ex for a while, but...8 years later...we mainly do OK. DS is totally unaware of any issues and is happy. Ex and I sometimes fall out, but we do that away from DS.

It takes time for the raw feelings from the relationship to go away and then the parenting as a team can start to work.

In this case...i feel Cleigh's ex is overstepping a boundary and she is right to defend it. In order for a good parenting relationship with an ex to happen...you need to maintain those boundaries and make sure the ex does not rule your life by dictating what the kids do.

hugs Pesca...it will be ok.