+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think maybe just wait a bit until your ds says he wants to do something particular himself. He's only 4, there is plenty of time for him to do lots of things. Maybe even when he starts school there will be plenty of extra curricular activities for him to be busy with as well. If ex is really insistent, then tell him he needs to take him to the games himself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the end of the day you do what you want OP. If you feel your son would be better in swimming or martial arts, then go for it. Personally and this is simply my opinion, I would pick either the swimming or martial arts over the AFL but that's just my personal preference. I love the discipline martial arts brings (I did it for 5 years) and swimming can save lives so yes, they beat AFL in my opinion any day. Just say no

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    That's what I'd tell the ex Auskick is fun and all but it's not really up to him to decide on his activities if he's not even around IMO. If he wants to play football with him on his days with him, he can go for his life.
    Yeah I told him no. He wasnt happy but like HE said, not much he can do about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    Yes I know she was agreeing. I just didnt know why people were saying stuff like "your not even single".
    lol ok far enough, I thought you meant that London was saying bc you aren't single you weren't welcome. As you were.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I also forgot to add that in our house we deliberately have no extra activities in the first year of school. They come home tired, sometimes overwhelmed and imo it's too much in the first year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I do post in this section every now and then even though I've never been a single mum. But I always offer support to the single/repartnered OP as I was part of a blended family and know how hard it can be on everyone.
    Support or constructive advice/help is always welcome in here whether you are a single/re-partnered parent or not

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Support or constructive advice/help is always welcome in here whether you are a single/re-partnered parent or not
    I agree. I've never seen constructive advice unwelcome in this section no matter the poster's marital status. I have to agree with PPs though, if a married parent who has never experienced a breakdown of a family storms in, guns ablazing, I can't see why they should be welcomed. I certainly don't go in the SN section, or IVF, or TTC and start throwing my weight around and criticising people's decisions because it's not relevant to me and I haven't been in their position.

delirium I know you're always supportive of sole parents I have no problem with posts like yours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I also forgot to add that in our house we deliberately have no extra activities in the first year of school. They come home tired, sometimes overwhelmed and imo it's too much in the first year.
    Yeah Bec said that too. Which is another good point. He is already buggered after school and they have naps in class lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I agree. I've never seen constructive advice unwelcome in this section no matter the poster's marital status. I have to agree with PPs though, if a married parent who has never experienced a breakdown of a family storms in, guns ablazing, I can't see why they should be welcomed. I certainly don't go in the SN section, or IVF, or TTC and start throwing my weight around and criticising people's decisions because it's not relevant to me and I haven't been in their position.

delirium I know you're always supportive of sole parents I have no problem with posts like yours.
    Yep, that's what I meant Unhelpful opinions and judgments from people who have no idea are not welcome and can be very upsetting. Even when you are not the OP, when people come in and make sweeping statements and judgments about what single parents should do and what we should be grateful for and how we should deal with the other parent it can be really distressing and disheartening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ya for sure. Its completely different being with the kids dad than what it is without. You cant just have a decent convo about your children and what to do with them because once your apart there are so many other things to factor in. Together its easy to say "Ok, well you can do xyz because you dont do anything these days" or whatever because now you dont know what they get up to as a parent because they arent in your life and you have no control over what they do.