+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thumbs down What to do in this case???

The kids dad want DS1 to do auskick next year. Thing is he is working FIFO now and it will be up to me to take him to do it. He will pay for it of course. Thing is, I dont WANT DS to do AFL, I dont want to spend MY saturday taking him to something I dont want him doing.

I see no benifits in him playing this at all.

Whats a nice way to say NO WAY to my EX without being the bad mum???

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What to do in this case???

Does it son want to do it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tjewell View Post
    Does it son want to do it?
    My son would want to do ANYTHING. Ask him if he wants to go to cooking classes or ballet or kick boxing, he will say yes lol

He is 4. He doesnt know what anything is like yet, so it really isnt a matter of what he wants to do because he would say yes to anything.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DS did it a couple years ago. Went to a few practice afternoons then only 3 games before he got bored of it and gave it up. Its only an hour training one afternoon and an hour on Saturday morning. If your DS wants to do it, Id say take him and just pull him out if he doesnt like him.

I know thats not what you were asking, but that would be my advice....that is only if your DS shows any interest in playing to begin with.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

So.... Unless it's something you want him to do he can't do it?
    I think you're being really selfish. There are loads of benefits for little boys to start getting involved in sport. I think suck it up and let him do it.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (14-11-2012),emzluvbub  (14-11-2012),JessicaBailey  (14-11-2012),loumia  (13-11-2012),MINIRoo  (14-11-2012),saxonrose  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    So.... Unless it's something you want him to do he can't do it?
    I think you're being really selfish. There are loads of benefits for little boys to start getting involved in sport. I think suck it up and let him do it.
    Its more to the point, I dont want to take him to something I dont want him doing. If it was his dad taking him, fine I dont care. But why should I have to take him to something I dont even want him doing??

I would much rather him do a martial arts, than just running around kicking a ball.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd take him, if he doesn't end up enjoying it then take him out but give him a chance to try it.
    Of course there are benefits - it is a great way to get active, make friends etc. I'm not sure why you are so against it?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    Its more to the point, I dont want to take him to something I dont want him doing. If it was his dad taking him, fine I dont care. But why should I have to take him to something I dont even want him doing??

I would much rather him do a martial arts, than just running around kicking a ball.
    How does his dad feel about martial arts? Would he be willing to pay for half of that as a compromise and you can take him there instead of Auskick?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (14-11-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    I'd take him, if he doesn't end up enjoying it then take him out but give him a chance to try it.
    Of course there are benefits - it is a great way to get active, make friends etc. I'm not sure why you are so against it?
    This ^^

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Like I said, BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO TAKE HIM. I dont see why i should be the one taking him to do something his dad wants him to do.

Besides, if he is to do something I would rather something with a bit more.... reason. Football you get : fitness and social/team work
    Martial arts you get : fitness, social, disapline, self defence...

Im sure there are more. But my point is, like I said, why should i have to take him to something his dad wants him to do if I dont want him doing it? If he wants him to do it, do it on his own time.