+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Not seeing dietician when recommended during pregnancy..

Hospital can't do anything.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I honestly am not saying this to be hurtful. I believe you are in denial, that is putting your bubba at risk and you need a good hard dose of reality.

You do not eat well. If you did you wouldn't be morbidly obese. You do not know about good nutrition. If you did you wouldn't be skipping breakfast, eating 8 slices of bread per day and singing the praises of milo.

Time to swallow your pride, put your bubba first and see a dietician.

Good luck.
    For once I actually agree totally with you.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (14-11-2012),peanutmonkey  (13-11-2012),wrena  (14-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [...
    Last edited by Cinderella82; 11-09-2013 at 14:41.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Not seeing dietician when recommended during pregnancy..

When I say I don't wake early enough I wake at 11am and do family lunch at12:30 by the time I wake up proper and shore its 12:00. If I wake before 9:30 I might eat breakfast. I then have dinner about 7ish no meat or anything other then salad due to pregnancy. Just can't stomach a lot. I know I eat a lot of cheese it is low fat stuff as is the milk. Cordial is diet too. I just don't think to mention it. I hardly snack after dinner usually on fruit or veg if I do.

I am not a fan of cereals and really carbs are carbs.. Weather it's cereal or bread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefooted&Pregnant View Post
    When I say I don't wake early enough I wake at 11am and do family lunch at12:30 by the time I wake up proper and shore its 12:00. If I wake before 9:30 I might eat breakfast. I then have dinner about 7ish no meat or anything other then salad due to pregnancy. Just can't stomach a lot. I know I eat a lot of cheese it is low fat stuff as is the milk. Cordial is diet too. I just don't think to mention it. I hardly snack after dinner usually on fruit or veg if I do.

I am not a fan of cereals and really carbs are carbs.. Weather it's cereal or bread.
    11am? I can only dream Is this your first pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vicpark said it perfectly. You need guidance from a professional, if not for you, for your baby. However the hospital cannot force you to see one.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry I meant to say I know I eat a lot of dairy but I a also the first generation in Australia (about 150years) along my mums line not to be born on a dairy farm. I don't have as much dairy as my mum (3x300ml milk coffees a day plus cheese at lunch, milk/ yogurt at breakfast and ice cream at dinner) or my dad (3x600ml milos a day) I also have been told my ones have maximum density. My mother at 65 had density of a 27yo, my grandmother at 95 had the density of a 31yo. I foresee no osteo in my future as I also have excellent vit d. Most of my friends take supplements for both calcium & vit d and they have a so called healthy diet recommended by a dietician... Not changing my good calcium & vit d for that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    11am? I can only dream Is this your first pregnancy?
    Yes I am a carer for mum& DH so they are on similar schedules.. Mum does wake earlier and gets her own breakfast, but yes I know this will change with baby.. I am not that silly. I have looked after kids full time before so I know the hours they keep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I HATE plain water and its a massive struggle to get it down, so I feel your pain!

I keep a big jug of water in the fridge with a wedge of lemon. Much easier to drink!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If you dont want to go, dont go. Hospital cant force you.
    Personally, I dont think it will do you any good anyway. You seem to be very set in your diet ways and keen to defend your habits regardless of any advice or information given that suggests change. Hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful and pleasant. Enjoy your sleep ins while you can

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (14-11-2012),Kiplusthree  (14-11-2012),MothersMilk  (14-11-2012),P0tat0gem  (14-11-2012)