+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Not seeing dietician when recommended during pregnancy..

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I was constantly told by the hospital when pregnant with DS1 that i should see a dietician as i'm a vegetarian-pathetic reason! Anyway i always declined and nothing ever came of it. I don't really think the hospital could do much, could they?
    Women smoke through pregnancies and are told to quit and they don't. The hospital can't do anything so i don't see why they could just because they frown upon your dietry choices.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Surprisingly they say nothing about my smoking while I am there.. As they have asked what changes I have made and agree i have done the best I can (10-15 a day down to maybe 1/2). But they haven't asked about my dietary changes so assume I need help with that. ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

4 heaped teaspoons of milo = 6mg iron, which is less than a quarter of your daily iron needs during pregnancy. I doubt you would eat 4 heaped teaspoons as it would be so dry without milk.

There are much more healthier and efficient ways to get the recommended iron intake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Not seeing dietician when recommended during pregnancy..

I think it could be highly beneficial to you to see a dietician. Even if it is only once. Is the only reason your not going because it costs money?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I honestly am not saying this to be hurtful. I believe you are in denial, that is putting your bubba at risk and you need a good hard dose of reality.

You do not eat well. If you did you wouldn't be morbidly obese. You do not know about good nutrition. If you did you wouldn't be skipping breakfast, eating 8 slices of bread per day and singing the praises of milo.

Time to swallow your pride, put your bubba first and see a dietician.

Good luck.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (13-11-2012),GlitterFarts  (13-11-2012),GreenMama  (13-11-2012),HowCrazyCool  (14-11-2012),Kiplusthree  (14-11-2012),MamaNurture  (14-11-2012),meatpopsicle  (13-11-2012),SoThisIsLove  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I agree with a pp, why wouldn't you put your and your baby's health first? It is certainly taking many years off your life, and I am sure you wish to see your son/daughter grow up, get married, have children etc.

FWIW - my MIL is amazing, kind, giving and loving. I love her dearly. She is 53 and almost in a mobility scooter due to her severe weight issues. She is on masses of medication and in and out of hospital for knee and back operations as her body simply can't handle the weight. It is devastating to my husband and myself that our baby girl is going to have to grow up, fall in love with her grandma, and then see her buried when she will still be a child. How she will handle it I can't even imagine, let alone if it was her own mother..

Being overweight is about more than how you look. Go see a dietician. You only get one life.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (13-11-2012),SoThisIsLove  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Not seeing dietician when recommended during pregnancy..

What have you done to try and drink water?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barefooted&Pregnant View Post
    I cannot swallow plain water cause I choke. No idea why I just do. Always have..

I have a huge bowl of salad for dinner each night so I think I get that. I do occasionally have eggs for breakfast but a lot of days I don't have breakfast (I just don't get out of bed early enough)

The sandwiches are heated I have been told that is ok.. I know they are hot.. I have burnt myself on filling falling out.
    I snack on apples and tomatoes.

I am not interested in if you think one would help me (cause I don't I know what I could do different) I want to know what the hospital will say if I refuse. Also I don't each much iron foods ATM so that is why I have milo.
    There is so much you could do differently but it's really up to you what you do. At least you are eating some healthy foods. I get really quite passionate about this topic so I'll try to contain myself lol! At the very least please try to have a healthy breakfast every day, it's so so so important!!! And hopefully you're taking pre-natal vitamins so bub is getting the essentials.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do think you're kidding yourself with the 'milo for iron' call.

Dieticians are good at challenging food choices. I would look at it as an opportunity rather than 'what could they possibly tell me...'

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm sorry but i think a dietician would be good for you. You say you don't see what you could do different but there is a lot that could (and should) be changed tbh.
    Why not take an iron supplement (tablet or liquid) if you are low in iron? Makes more sense than milo, which is full of sugar, imo.

Thanks
    Reviews

I also mean this in a nice way but try drink water and give up white bread and sugar and milo etc because when your bubba is 6 months old and starts solids you are her role model , she will copy you , she will learn from you, if you can't eat properly odds are neither will she