+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Not seeing dietician when recommended during pregnancy..

sorry dp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I am overweight too...and it sucks going for appointments when you are pregnant because weight is always raised add an issue...but I guess that is because it can have some very real implications for the pregnant woman and the developing baby...

If you are being offered an appointment then perhaps it cannot hurry to go along and see what happens.

On first glance it does not seem like you are eating too many calories but it does look like you might not be giving yourself the variety of foods that you deserve...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Of course they can't force you to go and it doesn't like you are interested in bettering your diet so it might be a waste of time. But in my opinion your diet could use a massive overhaul so if you are willing to listen to what a dietician has to say I think it would be really, REALLY worth your while.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not seeing dietician when recommended during pregnancy..

I cannot swallow plain water cause I choke. No idea why I just do. Always have..

I have a huge bowl of salad for dinner each night so I think I get that. I do occasionally have eggs for breakfast but a lot of days I don't have breakfast (I just don't get out of bed early enough)

The sandwiches are heated I have been told that is ok.. I know they are hot.. I have burnt myself on filling falling out.
    I snack on apples and tomatoes.

I am not interested in if you think one would help me (cause I don't I know what I could do different) I want to know what the hospital will say if I refuse. Also I don't each much iron foods ATM so that is why I have milo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was advised to go and see a dietician when pregnant, it was great.

It can't do any harm. I think sometimes we think we're making good choice but really not.

Thanks
    Reviews

In the end, it is always your choice as to what medical advice you take, and what you don't.
    If you don't see a problem, and you don't want to change, then you won't. That is your choice too.
    All the best :-)

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews

My diet is a lot better then before I got pregnant. I would eat that and , unhealthier snacks, more soft drink and fast food as well ask 400g+ meat extra a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

I was constantly told by the hospital when pregnant with DS1 that i should see a dietician as i'm a vegetarian-pathetic reason! Anyway i always declined and nothing ever came of it. I don't really think the hospital could do much, could they?
    Women smoke through pregnancies and are told to quit and they don't. The hospital can't do anything so i don't see why they could just because they frown upon your dietry choices.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I think the hospital will mention risks for yourself and baby, 6 kilos might not be much but if you are already morbidly obese then you really can't afford to gain. It can increase risks of GD and having BP issues which can effect delivery.
    Also some hospitals have a limit and will turn you away if you have a high BMI.

I personally don't see why you wouldn't want to put yours and your baby's health first. Sorry if that sounds blunt.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrsOhara View Post
    I think the hospital will mention risks for yourself and baby, 6 kilos might not be much but if you are already morbidly obese then you really can't afford to gain. It can increase risks of GD and having BP issues which can effect delivery.
    Also some hospitals have a limit and will turn you away if you have a high BMI.

I personally don't see why you wouldn't want to put yours and your baby's health first. Sorry if that sounds blunt.
    This. Milo for iron? Milo is full of sugar etc. I would seriously go and stop being stubborn over it. You might find it really helpful and take a multivitamin or iron tablet for your iron! Cereal or something else instead of toast, everything swells up to double what you consume that's why you should wait 30 mins

12. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

jess1992  (13-11-2012)