+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Not seeing dietician when recommended during pregnancy..

So I know I am overweight.. I am we'll over 100kgs so there is no hiding that I am morbidly obese.
    I keep getting told at hospital appointments to see a dietician. I am eating healthier now then I usually do. While my portion sizes are large they aren't absurd in my mind. I have 4 slices of toast with cheese & vegemite. Lunch 2 sandwiches with ham, creamed corn & cheese normally on multigrain. Dinner is salad or veggies.. I usually drink diet cordial or milk. I cannot swallow plain water. Maybe 1-2softdrinks a day. I have some milo(no milk) for iron and occasional dessert... Fruit usually.

I know I could try brown bread/ less bread but I am no good with brown and too much involved in non bread lunches. I also could cut out the soft drink too. But really what else will a dietician tell me (maybe reduce portions). I keep getting told to see one but I want to refuse to. They aren't even asking what I am eating but telling me to pay money to see someone who will listen. I have out on maybe 6 kg in the pregnancy if I was right about my pre preg weight but I may not have been different to my current which I have been at since 8 weeks ( now 21).

What will the hospital,do if I don't go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Wow! I am overweight, and I think 4 slices of toast and 2 sandwiches is way too much. I don't think the milo is necessary as a supplement at all.

Drink water for a week and you will feel better and enjoy it. All the soft drinks, cordial and milk are just empty calories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

What do you mean you cannot swallow plain water????? If you can swallow cordial/soft drink you can swallow water

Thanks
    Reviews

I agree I think 8 slices of bread a day is way to much.. Can you see a dietician in the public hospital? They might give you more of an idea on how to cut down on portion sizes or swap foods around.. Eg- Greek yoghurt and fruit for breakfast, lunch 1 sandwich and a salad..
    If you are happy eating the way you are then don't go..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think you need to cut down on bread.

Can you try porrage for breakfast, eggs?

1 sandwich for lunch, ham and full saldad. More filling and heaps better for you.

I'm overweight too so I know it's hard.

Soft drinks even diet are bad, can you try water with fresh lemon? it's very refreshing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ~BEXTER~ For This Useful Post:

MINIRoo  (14-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I think you should give a dietician a go. It sounds like your diet seriously lacks balance with quite a lot of salt and sugar. There are heaps of options and things to try that are easy to prepare with more lean proteins, vegetables and healthy carbs.

You might be surprised at what the dietician suggests and you'll probably feel heaps healthier with some fairly minor adjustments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Not seeing dietician when recommended during pregnancy..

A dietician would definitely help hun. x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I am not an expert, but in a similar situation and seeing a dietician because I am pregnant and over 100 kg.
    On looking over your eating plan for a day, there are twice as many carbs as recommended, no way you are getting 6 veg and 3 fruit recommended in pregnancy, and your food is high in salt and sugar. KJ count is almost twice what I am allowed in a day, but I eat a larger variety and more actual food volume in a day. I pay $75 a week to see my dietician, so if you are being offered one, there is no harm in giving it a try.
    Best of luck xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh, and I am pretty paranoid about what I eat at the moment, but are you all eating ham????
    No ham, soft cheese, soft eggs, sprouts, meat I didn't cook myself ect ect ect. As I said I am a bit obsessed!!! I have even sworn of cold ham at Xmas :-(

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Not seeing dietician when recommended during pregnancy..

my tips....

I think you may need Less bread and fill up on more salad,veg and fruit. Maybe try rye crackers instead of bread at lunch with tuna and cottage cheese or something ( even easier than a sanger imo) and have two slices of toast in the morning if u must but have it with some protein like eggs to keep u fuller for longer. How about water with lemon? And cut out the soft drink. You may as well have a cup of sugar!

best of luck.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 13-11-2012 at 18:09.