+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pap smear and results question

When you have a pap smear how do you get results? In past pap smears I've just got a letter in the mail. Now I live in another state with a new doctor she said they'd call me with results within 2 weeks. I just got a phone call from clinic saying I need to book a review appointment. Does this mean bad results cause I'm slightly freaking out lol?

I also had a Breast ultrasound (strong history of breast cancer in family) but I know that the results from this was totally normal as they gave me a copy of what they sent my GP along with films. With this she said they'd call with results aswell.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

It may be like my dr. My gp says ring for the results but the practice policy is that you have to follow up appointment to get any results and they will not give any results over the phone - good or bad. So maybe that's it. But I get that it would make you freak out but just go to your appointment and see then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Pap smear and results question

I had them in the past where the Dr has said make a follow up in x amount of time for results and other times the Dr has just said any problems we will call you. I did however get a letter from pap smear organisation saying all is good and here is a card to tell you when to go door your next one a long with pamphlets on why it is important to have 2 yearly checks.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doctor here in NT emails me with results but I havn't had a bad one here however in SA they told me results till there was a bad one then wouldn't over the phone. I freaked out and made the next appointment with any doctor to find out. I had sin 3 and needed a biopsy then a scrapping and been ok ever since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

It's so annoying - a way for dr's to make extra money by making you come in to be told 'everything's fine'. If there was a genuine issue they would usually call and tell you to come in straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Pap smear and results question

Thanks guys....they didn't sound like it was urgent for me to come in just said I needed to come in for a review appointment, so hoping it's just to say 'all clear'. Was just having a freak out moment cause she said she'd call me with results. I'm booked in Thursday so guess I'll see then.

Thankyou again for the replys!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I got a bad pap result at the start of the year (CIN3) and they called me to come in straight away, I'm sure if it was urgent they would get you in ASAP.

Good luck