Closed Thread
Page 63 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Beatrix a pipelle scratch is a bit of man torture I'm sure. Basically like having a Pap smear and they use a pipe cleaner like tool to 'rough up' your uterus to damage it and promote healing which is thought to make it stickier and hold onto the embryo better. It's a smaller easier version of a d&c (and cheaper).

Kheeki- yep melatonin is great for making me sleepy but unfortunately when I wake up I'm awake. They feel like they are wearing off a bit.
    I have used melatonin since my December cycle.
    Clexane in my march cycle.
    Always synarel and gonal f.
    Crinone for all stims, pessaries for the fet.
    Prednisolone, pregnyl are new
    Pregnyl boosters and pregnyl with gonal f are also new.
    Is that everything?
    Am doing a day 3 transfer as my eggs take a big dive downhill after day 3 in the lab.
    Also this cycle I will be doing some acupuncture. Did acupuncture last cycle.
    Also this cycle I have been seeing a holistic chiropractor who deals with some rational emotive behavior therapy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well the pipeline scratch sounds horrendous!! Us ladies will put our bodies through anything if there's a chance it can help. Did they suggest it because of your early mc's or do they know you have an issue with your lining?

AFM - first injection of gonal this morning. Here we go again. BT on Sunday but no pathologist close to where i live is open in Melb on a Sunday. My old clinic Melb ivf are letting me have the BT with them and sending to Sydney. Nice of them I thought, given I'm a traitor!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was suggested to do the pipelle as an alternative to the d&c. It was uncomfortable and some cramping but not that bad. The cramping is similar to period cramping. The whole procedure took about 30 to 60 seconds so I just gritted my teeth.
    I have had two d&cs prior to my last two cycles and then got sticky ones that stuck for a little whole. So I guess I think by upsetting the lining that helps for my embys to stick. Sorry am at work and a little distracted. If you are on twitter and search dr Lynn burmeister she lists it as a tool to help. It needs to be done about day 21 of the cycle prior or something. He was happy with my timing as I start injections in just over a week but I stim longer then most by injecting for between 11 and 13 days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Appy, I'm having this done as part of my hysteroscopy, the FS just referred to it as "disrupting the endometrium" so I guess it's the same thing.

I think we have far too much knowledge about these things...I don't know about you all but I long for the days when I didn't know the first thing about ivf!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Af arrived this morning... Sad day... Think ill stuff myself with McDonald's and a glass of red. Is it too early to start now??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missy that's sad...can't believe it's over for you. McDonald's and red wine all the way in my opinion. Please be kind to yourself, lots of hugs x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sad news MrsMissy. I am very sorry. Take care of yourself. Upsize the McDonald's and the red, you deserve it x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Onwards and upwards... Guess we going to try to get a sneaky fet the next month, whilst I'm still on long service leave.. Then I think it's time to hang up the ivf hat. Start looking at life with out kids..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsmissy I'm really sorry. I hope you're holding up ok. McDonalds and retail therapy always work for me!

I'm in Istanbul at the moment which is a great distraction. Such an amazing city. We're starting a long down reg cycle when I get back. Probably late July.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Am so glad this little thread is still going!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hposs - Very jeolous! Must be a gorgeous time of year over there. Holidays make everything feel better.

MrsMissy - how are you? I know what you mean about having to think about where to with ivf. This will probably be our last try also. Our decision is financial as much as anything. Stay positive though, you're still in this xx

Appy and Beatrix - news with you?

AFM - BT and US today to check for follies. Been jabbing nearly a week and got the bloats.