Closed Thread
Page 45 of 92 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone starting IVF cycle in November/December 2012?

Kheeki I'm really sorry to hear about your BFN. It's just so unfair. Sounds like you have a good proactive plan now though. I am from Melbourne too and have had all treatment through Monash. How do you go about going through Genea? I'd be really interested to know how you went about it and how your first consult goes. Good luck.
    Last edited by hposs; 18-02-2013 at 20:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys
    kheeki - I'm still cautious n probably will stay like this until 12 Wks!! After that ill be jumping for joy !
    its hard to keep it under wraps. I've told a few people who knew of the ivf etc!
    Other half is over the moon!!vi can't wait to tell people :-)

Are u moving to Sydney permanently?

Oh it looks like a few are about to start a cycle !!!! Good Luck !!!! I've got everything crossed for you all!!

Have an awesome Sunday everyone !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your support guys. Feels like I always have to have a plan in place or I'll go insane! I'm not actually moving to Sydney, I can do it all from Melb. The FS appointments are done over Skype. All USs and BTs are done in Melb. For a full stim they would want me to fly to Sydney CD9 to monitor for trigger shot and then stay about a week until ET. Obviously FETs would mean being up there for less time. It adds an extra cost to travel and accom but Genea's success rates are so much better than my clinic, it's worth paying more. I know in my heart I just wasted $$$ with MIVF. Mainly because of the 2 day transfer. We don't even know if any of our eggs are viable at 5 days and we feel they probably weren't.

Will keep you all posted on this cycle and the benefits and pitfalls if using a different state. Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Ladies! I've been a bit absent lately due to not really feeling connected to the ivf process but I've been reading on everyone's progress, Becleigh congratulations! Such wonderful news.

Kheeki, I'm with Genea in Sydney and they are very professional and leaders in ivf research. I signed on for their thawing culture media trial and my one Grade 2 blasty which was only given a 60% chance of thawing came through well this morning. They are quite expensive, but we will stick with them for the time being.

Afm- I had my FET this morning so I'm officially in the 2WW. I have a feeling it's not going to work but at least I'm in with a chance as its my very first transfer!

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck Beatrix! I'm heading for my transfer this morning. Kheeki, sounds like it will be good to try something new through Genea. Keep me posted with how it goes. If this cycle doesn't work for us we will definitely be reassessing our options.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beatrix - great to see you back and getting to cycle again. Why not feeling positive about this one? Is it just normal IVF feelings of 'it will never work' or is there some other reason it might not work?

Hposs - good luck today!

What meds if any have you both had for FET?

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck Hposs for your transfer!

Kheeki, I think it's because I had a bit of a break from the whole process recently, and during that time, I felt awesome. In my first cycle I was pretty positive and then it ended badly, so I think what I'm trying to do is caution my own self to be mindful of a negative outcome. I realize its not a fantastic way to think about it!

Another thing contributing to my outlook is the fact that I'm not feeling anything down there, maybe it's too early at 1dp5dt to be writing off the next 2 weeks lol!!

Re: meds. I'm on a natural FET cycle so I started 100mg progesterone pessaries 2 days post ovulation, once every night, until the pregnancy test.
    Last edited by Beatrix; 18-02-2013 at 12:43.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi girls

Well my little embie (which we have nicknamed the Squid seeing it was a frozen one) survived the thawing process (phew) and was of very good quality according to the embryologist. Blood test on 1 march.

I have had no meds this cycle until today and am now on progesterone pessaries twice a day. I feel like there is no chance of it working if I don't have support of meds but I guess it's worth giving one natural cycle a go. I already feel like AF is on the way. I guess it's just going to be another 10 days of torturing myself! But although I'm pessimistic about this cycle I'm also feeling more positive about persisting with the ivf for the next couple of years if we have to. Ive found it easier emotionally not leaving a big gap in between cycles as you can put the failure behind you and focus on being positive about the next round.

I really really hope some more of us have some positive news over the next couple of months!

Thanks
    Reviews

Prepare for worst hope for best.... That's how I deal with ivf!! It works for me as I never let myself and my mind take over.. Onwards and upwards.. Goodluck!!!

Afm, off to Thailand in am for 10 days of R&R, post inlaw visit.. Has been a great holiday so far, smiling as I'm drinking a glass of pink champagne...

Thinking of you all...

Thanks
    Reviews

Lol Missy, we are all living vicariously through you on your wonderful holiday!

Good advice regarding coping strategy as well. I've got some good distractions happening, decorating new house, cooking and maybe a sewing project or two.

I'm glad to be back with you ladies on our little thread 😊