Closed Thread
Page 42 of 92 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone starting IVF cycle in November/December 2012?

Well my best friends baby arrived yesterday... Fought back tears holding him... I'm an auntie for so many of my friends children.. I think will I ever be more than just auntie missy??? Bitter sweet day!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Rainbowbubs I am so sorry to hear of your heartbreaking loss. To experience the elation of a BFP and to then have it taken away from you I imagine is indescribable.

I'm so glad we're all still on here. I do feel a bond with you girls too and agree that it's more comforting to talk to you than to friends because they just don't understand.

I'm still waiting on AF to arrive. Now 4 days late. I think my body does this to me just to torment me. It's always late when I want it to arrive then early when I don't want it. Stupid!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

well I have just finished a short protocol and am booked for egg collection Friday! This is my first icsi cycle and so I'm a bit nervous! I have 8 decent sizes follicles so am praying to get some good embies!

so far so good. The needles start to get a bit sore because if the bruises don't they ouch! But besides being a bit headachy I'm good!

ive been in the background reading everyone's ups and downs and want to send my love n wishes to all!

Its very emotional as u try to find that balance between positivity and not getting too hopeful so u don't get disappointed!

The one thing I have been telling myself through this journey of finding about my fertility problems is - I must be thankful that I'm in a position to have ivf as an option because many cant afford it. So I give thanks n hope for good for al of us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsMissy - you are very strong to be able to put on a brave face and share your friend's joy. It is such a shame that something which brings so much excitement to some, brings painful feelings to others.

Hposs - hope that AF has shown herself. Feels ironic to be saying those words!

Becleigh - exciting to be trying something new with ICSI. I find anything you are doing differently can increase feeling positive about the cycle.

AFM - strange things seem to be happening! AF started on Friday but is still here today. At most it usually only lasts 4 days so I'm not sure what's happening to my body. I have US on Monday and if all is good natural FET Monday week with assisted hatching. On Monday they will be checking lining thickness but if I still have AF today, lining will be still be very thin on Monday. Anyone know how many days it takes our bodies to develop a good lining? I've never had this happen so a bit worried I will ovulate before it is thick enough.

Also, not loving the start of the year reduced Medicare rebates!
    Last edited by Kheeki; 24-01-2013 at 15:29.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi kheeki I think I was told your lining grows at a rate of 1mm per day.
    Hope everyone's travelling ok.
    I'm on a weeks holidays prior to d&c on Wednesday next week with an aim to start synarel about 7 feb for epu on 7march

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Appy For This Useful Post:

Kheeki  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, how's everyone going?

Hposs - where you up to with the cycle?

Becleigh - have you done EPU and transfer?

AFM - frustrating. AF going for 10 days seems to have caused problems. FS thought it would delay ovulation. Did OPKs last 2 mornings and got 2nd line on both but not a surge. Then this morning, nothing! So have I ovulated or am I not going to ovulate? I've gone in to have BT this morning to find out and another BT tomorrow. Might get results this afternoon. If I have o'd already this cycle will be a bust because clinic does 2 day transfers. I was soooo looking forward to this one because FS agreed to Assisted Hatching and also agreed to ET under anaesthetic. My last transfer was so painful I have been really anxious about it. Anyone else had painful transfer? My first one went fine so not sure what happened last time. I was last patient if the day so I suspect he was rushing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi all
    I will do an all about me post then hopefully update roll call. Can be difficult on iPad. Sorry.
    This is a post I ave just put on the Chinese herbs thread:
    I am doing my fourth full stim cycle and have incorporated acupuncture and herbs this time. I had done acupuncture during my second cycle but stressed with the extra amount of time I needed off from work with it due to travel. He is now a lot closer so a lot less stress I think.
    I have been on GUI shao di huang tang which was to help replenish my blood flow to my uterus following a miscarriage. He is now planning on putting me on shou tai wan (translated as fetus longevity formula) to help the 'stick ability' of the embryo. I will start that after egg collection.
    I was concerned about having herbs and how they would interact with the ivf drugs. I spoke to my FS about it today and he said "he wasn't opposed to the herbs". We are trying everything this cycle.
    Also to add to this I had a stack of blood tests after my last FS appointment. Everything came back ok bar one - I am positive for factor 5 Leiden heterozygous This mean I have a blood clotting condition and need to be on clexane.
    I am going to be a pin cushion this cycle with gonal f (I tend to inject for longer) human growth hormone (saizen) and the clexane after epu.
    Lets hope this is the magical formula!
    Hope everyone else is travelling ok
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Roll call - sorry not much of one as no ones been posting

Appy - start sniffing 8 feb epu about 7 march
    Kheeki - waiting for bt for ovulation
    Hposs - fet feb?
    Beatrix - fet feb
    Mrsmissy - amazing holiday (feb/march); stim April
    Fingerscrossdd11 - on a break
    Becleigh- 2ww?
    Wanttobe - shingles (bugger); fet ?
    Samoht - ?
    Rainbowbubs -
    Mich4761-

Willynilly - graduate due 25 August
    Kellbell85 - graduate due 22 August
    Ivf hopeful - graduate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

yes I'm in the 2ww! Got one frosty as well!

whole thing hasn't been too bad, just felt bloated n crampy.

transfer felt a little bloated n period pain, not much at all.

wishing everyone well and hope to hear some good news soon from all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Becleigh! And a frostie, fantastic. I'll be joining you. Got BT today and came back a clear LH surge this morning so FET Monday. Putting 2 back and going under anaesthetic. Transfer has been too painful and too rushed and I figure I'm paying for a whole day admission so the usual 15 mins I'm in there doesn't cut it! I read somewhere (dr google) that there is a strong link between painful transfers and BFN.