Closed Thread
Page 22 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone starting IVF cycle in November/December 2012?

Congratulations willynilly and kellbell! Such exciting news. I am really thrilled for both of you.

Mich and wantobe I'm really sorry. It is so heartbreaking and disheartening I know. I suspect I will be a BFN on this cycle too based on my lack of symptoms and a BFN first response yesterday. This is my second cycle and the prospect of failure is definitely not as hard to come to terms with as it was the first time. I know it's little consolation but I hope that the fact that it does get easier can give you strength to try again. I've realized I just have to accept ivf as part of my life for the foreseeable future. I expect that it might take us a few more rounds to get to a BFP but I do believe we'll get there eventually. My thoughts are with both of you.

I was feeling crampy a couple of days ago but now feeling almost nothing and that was how things went for me on our first cycle. I know a BFN at 5dp5dt could be too early but I feel like I just know it hasn't worked this time. BT has been moved to 20/12 so only 4 days to get through, that is unless AF arrives before then which I am convinced it will.

Good luck girls. I really hope there are some more BFPs on here soon!

Good luck everyone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hposs For This Useful Post:

wanttobe  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well hposs I hope your feelings about this cycle are wrong and you get a nice BFP just in time for Christmas!!
    Sending you loads of baby dust and keeping everything crossed for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Last pregnyl shot, now to wait
    (6dpt)

Thanks
    Reviews

All finger nails bitten off... Waiting at clinic for bt... Find out results today... Hope I'm on the bfp train with the 3 positives so far!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck Missy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again everyone,

mich and wantobe - so sorry to hear your new, thinking of you both.

beatrix - good luck for transfer. I too have been sending myself crazy with the google.

chances, kellbell and wilynilly - congratulations!

missy - more fingers crossed here for you.

appy - hang in there.

hposs - thinking of you too, I hope these last few days go quickly.

kheeki and fingerscrossed - looks like we all have BT on the same day.

kheeki - I've told my parents, sister and a handful of close friends. I'm doing this solo so I thought I'd need the support from friends. Less than ten people all up but I'm already regretting telling so many! Every time they ask how I am it upsets me somehow (oh the crazy, it's strong over here) and I feel as though I have to manage their expectations as well as my own. I decided very early not to tell work and oh boy am I glad of that.

samoht - I'm on crinone and just detest it. I've decided I'd rather go back to the pessaries (and i thought they were bad) and am well and truly over putting things in or anywhere near the vicinity of my vagina! Good luck holding out on the poas, my plan is the same.

A few symptoms for me so far: lots of sharp pains in the general vicinity of the baby-makin' parts; sore boobs (this has got better lately though); certain smells and foods are pretty much making me gag; and my general levels of hormone-crazy mood swings are definitely amplified, especially the waaahs.

I'm due a blood test on the 24th and the waiting is awful. I've decided not to do any home tests but I suppose that could change. I was complaining to a friend and she kindly pointed out that with any luck after this week I'll have a lot more waiting to do! Gave me a laugh in my woe-is-me moment.

Luckily I have a week off work, don't know how I would've got through the wait otherwise. I'm planning on keeping busy with family stuff, christmas shopping and other errands.

I hope we all stay well

Thanks
    Reviews

Kheeki - both mine and hubby's parents know we are doing IVF and also a handful of close friends. They have all been very supportive and don't push for info, they are there if we need them and otherwise they just wish the best for us. We have told our parents and 3 close friends of BFP but they know its very early days and anything can happen. Other than that it will all be hush hush til at least 12 weeks. Hoping the twinges and cramping is a good sign for you!!

Beatrix - still looking at transfer on Wednesday?

Willynilly - woohoo congrats!! That is a very definite BFP! when is official test day?

Hposs - it is still early days! I hope your feeling is wrong...not long til BT now. Will be wishing and praying for your BFP x

Fingerscrossd - when is your Test date?

Mrsmissy - any news yet?????

Appy - how are you going?? No more bleeding I hope... When is your next blood test to check hcg? Hang in there xx

FrankieD - enjoy your week off! Good idea to keep busy, that's the good thing at least about this time of year! Plenty to keep you occupied til Christmas Eve!

AFM - had repeat hcg taken this morning so results tomorrow. Have been stressing myself out over stupid dr google. My hcg of 39 is not that flash hot...but I know as long as it keeps doubling it doesn't matter. But still stressing. Never ending is it! I did one of those digital clear blue tests today tho and it says pregnant 2-3weeks which according to google would mean my hcg is over 200, so if that info is correct then all should be good. Aghh...I'm a nurse and always tell patients not to stress out and google. Need to take my own advice!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Sorry, I haven't so much been in hiding, but been flat out (trying to keep busy). I have been keeping an eye on everyone's updates though.i

Mich and wanttobe - sorry to hear your news.

Wanttobe - I have been there and done that. I was *certain* we would get a BFP on our first cycle. I am under 35 and our only issue was my husband had had a vasectomy 13 years prior. We had a textbook case cycle, even the FS was encouraging that it was going to be a success. What a downer to then get my period on Mother's Day. Was a massive shock to the system. I took the next week off work on annual leave and it wasn't until near the end of the week that I started to come good. My way of coping (which probably isn't great) is to retreat in to myself and lick my wounds. Keep quiet, steer clear of others and go from there. The second BFN wasn't a surprise as much as it was a shocker of a cycle. Our third BFN was on a FET cycle which also was a big bummer, worse so for my husband as he thought it would be a sure thing as I wasn't on so many drugs. This cycle we are cautiously happy - but having our TWW pushed out to a Three week wait has been hard. Hang in there, take time to lick your wounds then dust yourself off and get back out on the horse again. Good luck.

Hposs hang in there, hopefully you will get some good news.

Good luck Samoht - hope it all works

Kellbell I loved that picture. I showed it to my husband but he didn't really get it. And I hope your latest results are good

MrsMissy how are you going?

Beatrix good luck for transfer. Hope all goes well

Chances, and Willynilly - congratulations! Sounds promising!!

kheeki and fingerscrossd11 good luck with your BT, just before Christmas will be hard.
    Sorry if I have missed anybody - hope everyone's bodies are doing the things they should.

And on the discussion of crinone - way prefer that to the pessaries - I hated the discharge feeling from them

AFM -
    Well, with my 2ww pushing out to a 3ww I have been surprisingly calm. Not sure how though. Actually I do know how - I have spent some valuable time with retail therapy and a new hair do
    I have been having increasing nausea and my boobs are massive and sore (all good signs I hear) and for the best news NO bleeding since Thursday
    So now I just need to wait until Wednesday and hope that my HCG and Prog levels have gone up

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Appy For This Useful Post:

wanttobe  (17-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Appy - No bleeding!! YAY!! Such a positive positive sign!!

Kellbell - My beta is this Thursday you inspired me to run out and grab one of those digital estimation tests and mine said 'Pregnant 2-3 weeks'!!

FrankieD -
    Fingers crossed that you get your BFP. Christmas Eve too!!

MrsMissy - When will you know your results? Is it today, I'm so eager to hear from everyone on their cycles.

AFM

I'm so excited I'm not worried about these bloods at all, I'm pretty confidant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kellbell - yes, re: Wednesday, I'm booked in for a 5dt early in the morning and I'm going to do the acupuncture before and after, I'm not sure if it helps but at least it will help me to feel better about the whole process. It's a great result from the digital test and I hope that the next hcg confirms it...everything is wait wait wait isn't it?

FrankieD, Appy- Thanks muchly for the well wishes!! I appreciate it . Frankie I hope you get that early Christmas present in the form of a BFP, and Appy, no bleeding is fantastic!!

willynilly- great result on the digital! What a relief.

hposs, fingerscrossed, missy, kheeki, samoht- keeping everything crossed for you all and I hope to see more BFP's on here very soon

AFM- Got a call from the embryologist today and 7 embies are doing well, so we still hope to get at least 1 or 2 frosties if possible. I don't know much about embryos but they are ranging from 7-10 cells and 2 x morula's.

I seem to be the last one out of the blocks in terms of transfer date/2ww on here, but hopefully the wait will be worth it. I'm just trying to manage my expectations at this point!