Closed Thread
Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone starting IVF cycle in November/December 2012?

Yeah I've got another scan on Thursday. I really hope something has happened by then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls I've just started my 4th round of IVF. I have severe endo (removed nov 11) and PCOS. Previous 3 attempts have had issues with my estrogen levels being very low. So, had a review appointment and we are doing a HRT cycle this time. Also covering bases for NK cells and clotting disorders so this cycle am on progynova, aspirin, Clexane, prednisone, proluton injections and then antibiotics. Also having 2 transferred this time so 4th time lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Sorry I have not been on for a few days, had some crazy busy days.

Tessagirl - Hi and welcome. Try to stay positive with the frostie, even if they do not think it is good quality.....why would they bother to make it a frostie if it wasn't any good This is a very emotional time, you just need to be kind to yourself and keep looking ahead for that BFP.....lucky girl to have such a supportive partner looking after you. Let me know how your results go

Hi Kheeki - It does look like we will be very close with our cycles. I did try accpunture in my last two cycles with no success, but I have heard it has worked for others. I take Elevit, as recommended by our FS, but am wondering if I should be taking other supplements too?

Hposs - Glad the synarel has not been to bad for you Friday will be here before you know it.

LittleDove - Hope the scan on Thursday goes well.

Kellbell85 - Your cycle this time is so similar to mine, similar drugs for high NK cells and we are having 2 transferred as well.

AFM - Feel like a pill popping nutcase. Synarel, doxycycline, prednisolone, progynova, estradot patches and soon to start the dreaded crinone gel. Scan and bloods for this coming Monday and looking at a FET for the Friday after the scan

Sending lots of to all of us in the coming weeks. What a lovely Christmas surprise it would be for us all to have BFP's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all,

I would love to jump in on this thread, I am a newbie too, doing our first cycle of ICSI, im on day six and weve done three injections of Gonal F 137.5 so far, im also taking asprin and prednisolone 5mg twice daily for blood clotting and NK cells...ive got hashimotos too so im on thyroxine..im on a pretty low dosing cycle it seems compared to others, i dont know why this is, but I think its because im 36 and have a slightly low amh, at 12- as a result im feeling ok so far, first scan tomorrow, so fingers crossed something is bloody happening!!!! we are doing icsi cos my husband had a vasectomy over 20 years ago, we are trying for a sibling too, but we adopted our first daughter 2.5 years ago from China (a whole other long hard story!!!!)
    So im hoping that we all go well this time around....massive , some very inspiring stories on here, wishing everyone the very best and of course

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys,

LittleDove - how did your scan go?

Welcome to wanttobe and kellbell! Good luck and look forward to hearing how you're going.

How is everyone else?

AFM - AF has arrived It was the longest wait ever. Pretty sure I won't be on any meds at all which worries me. I guess I will have the FET in 2 weeks, not sure how it all works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone and welcome Kellbell, wanttobe and littledove.

Littledove - I hope all went well with your scan.

Kheeki - great that AF arrived! You and I will probably have our 2WW around the same time.

Hope everyone else is coping ok.
    I had BT today and all was good so start jabbing on Sunday. Excited!! I am a bridesmaid in a few weeks so between my bridesmaid duties and all the Christmas parties over the next month, I'm hoping time will fly by so I won't have so much time to torture myself wondering and waiting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome ladies

1wish - comforting to hear of someone having a very similar regime to me! where are u up to with it all? Are you finding any side effects with progynova?

Littledove- hope your scan went well?

Wanttobe - how are you finding it all? First cycle can be a bit daunting! Coping ok with it all?

Kheeki - good to hear AF arrived for you! So are you doing a natural FET? Im sure your clinic will introduce meds through the cycle if needed - I know what you mean though, I find some weird comfort in taking the meds - sorta feels like I'm 'doing something'. I think its great though if you don't need meds, less side effects, which can only be a good thing

hposs- yay! Yeah I agree, it is always exciting to start the cycle - feel so confident and full of hope I think it's a good time to cycle too - busy time of year, so less stewing and thinking in the 2ww hopefully!
    AFM - I'm CD10 today. Got my blood results yesterday - e2 is 1200!! (has NEVER been that high!) was told to book in for ultrasound on Monday/Tuesday. I live in the country (1500kms from Perth clinic) - and I cannot get in for an ultrasound at all on Mon/Tues where I live or the next town 250kms away...so I was in tears and stressing out...thinking I'd have to go to Perth early for ultrasound and just stick around there til transfer. (I don't think progynova and no sleep on night shift are a good mix for emotions!) anyway, have spoken to clinic again and all ok to hold back til a little later in the week for ultrasound so I feel so relieved now. Aghh!! My husband has been amazing though...woke up to an immaculately cleaned house and he was so great yesterday as I was bawling my eyes out. Think I might keep him around

How is everyone else going?
    Last edited by Kellbell85; 24-11-2012 at 13:05. Reason: Typos

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellbell85 For This Useful Post:

wanttobe  (24-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the welcomes everyone, I'm doing ok so far, had my first scan after 4 days of injections on Friday, went pretty goodish i think, ive got 10 follicles coming on the left ovary , all still under 10, and right ovary ive got 20+ with 5 over 10mm, they now put me on citritide to slow me down a bit, so fingers crossed it doesnt all happen too early im having an occasional wobbly moment, still finding the whole process a bit surreal really that im actually doing ivf, ive kept it pretty secret which is helping as people arent asking me about it all the time
    kellbell85, wow you are a long way from perth, im in country WA too, but 350kms away from perth only, and 110 kms away from my nearrest ultrasound and bloods so i can really sympathise, youve got a long way to travel- i hope that all works out well for you, its just an addded stress you dont need. are you with pivet?

hope everyone is doing good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies ,

Wondered if I could join this thread?? I have been building up to actually posting on here instead of just peeking at everyone else's posts and madly agreeing! So a little about me, I am from the UK as is DH and we have lived in Aus for a little over 3 years for DH's work, based on the NSW Central Coast we love it. On our 2nd cycle of IVF, 1st cycle was cancelled due to responding way too aggressively, Doc said if we carried on it would have been OHSS for sure, on an antagonist cycle this time, on day 5 of Stims, feeling good but tired! Sorry for the essay LOL! Baby Dust to everyone Looking forward to hearing everyones progress. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    wanttobe - Looks like you ar travelling along nicely at the moment. it doesn't happen to early. We started off not telling anyone either that we were doing IVF, however after several attempts, we begun to tell others and we have found it helps.....especially on those days I am a bit crazy and the fact of having so much time off work (we have a 1000km round trip for our treatment). It also amazed me that once we started talkin about it how many others had been/were going through a similar situation.

Kellbell85 - I have an ultrasound and bloods tomorrow, with our FET on either Friday, Saturday or Monday depending on those results. The progynova has not been to bad.....the doxycycline makes me feel really ill though. Living so far away does not make this journey any easier does it!

Welcome Minton . Make sure you are getting plenty of rest and drinking lots of water

Where s everyone else up to?