Kellbell85 - FET 2 x 5dt - BT 13/12
    wanttobe - 5dt, BT 15/12
    1wish
    Kheeki - 2 x 2dt - BT 24/12

HUGS NEEDED this time
    Sunshine1974

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone starting IVF cycle in November/December 2012?

Hi all, I just got a call from the clinic to say my estrogen is still high, it's over 11,000 and they are now flagging me for a freeze cycle (I hope that's the right term), where I will probably make it to retrieval but not have a transfer because it may be too dangerous.

I'm a bit bummed out about it but I do hope to make it to EPU later on this week, I just need another scan and bloods done on Wednesday morning. Currently I have 8 measurable follies on my right and 5 on my left, I think these are the ones they are hoping to get at retrieval. There are a whole bunch more on each side, but maybe not suitable from what I've been told.

So I guess my question is this: are the success rates of fresh and frozen transfers pretty similar?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quick question girls, what poas do you use and why?? Is there any that are better than others?? I was reading on the Internet that first response can give a false positive!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beatrix - there is some evidence which suggests slightly better success with frozen than fresh. The reason behind this is thought to be that the fresh is immediately transferred into our bodies which are highly medicated for stim, and probably a bit traumatised. Whereas frozen tends to be less meds and more reliant on the body to do its thing. I think though, the variance is minimal and also depends on other issues such as age, reason for infertility etc. and different clinics have different success. My clinic does better with FET. Sounds like you should get to pick up fine

MrsMissy - you still getting a good second line? If you want to try another good one I've heard Clearblue is very reliable. It's always given me an accurate BFN!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

Beatrix - I read somewhere that success rates are statistically higher for frozen transfers so don't worry. I'm sure you'll still be in with a great chance.

Samoht - good luck for Wednesday.

Hope everyone else is coping with the 2WW. Tamandmarc, Mrsmissy, Mich, Appy, Kellbell, wanttobe, 1wish, Kheeki, I have everything crossed for all of you.

AFM - had 5 day transfer of an expanding blastocyst today. I didn't ask the grade but the embryologist said it was good quality. Ended up just going with one as we may only have 1 for freezing (better than none last time). So likely 1 will be frozen today, 3 more to be checked tomorrow for possible freezing but not holding my breath.

I had pre and post transfer acupuncture which was really good, I actually fell asleep I was so relaxed. Then took the day off so just been relaxing at home, trying not to do housework. It's a beautiful sunny day in Melbourne so I've had some real vitamin D and am now in bed with the laptop, a bunch of magazines and my two canine babies. So far so good! Now to make it through the next 11 days! Blood test on 21/12 which is a bit of a disaster as that is the day I am a bridesmaid for my best friend so if it's bad news I'm not going to be looking too photogenic.

Good luck everyone! Bring on the BFPs!!

Jabbing Away
    FrankieD – EPU 5th Dec
    Minton -EPU
    Beatrix

FET
    EP
    Samoht - 10/12

ET
    Samoht - 12/12

TWW
    Tamandmarc BT ?
    Mrsmissy – FET BT 12/12
    Mich4761 - 2dt - BT ?
    Appy - 5dt - BT - 13/12
    Kellbell85 - FET 2 x 5dt - BT 13/12
    wanttobe - 5dt, BT 15/12
    1wish
    Kheeki - 2 x 2dt - BT 24/12
    Hposs - 1 x 5dt - BT 21/12

HUGS NEEDED this time
    Sunshine1974

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hposs For This Useful Post:

wanttobe  (11-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for the replies and answers! I shall now endeavor to stop cursing my ovaries and return to my 3 liters of water (exciting 😏).

Good luck everyone!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Keep up with the relaxing hpos!!! I think snuggling up in bed on a Monday sounds fab!!

I'm on my 6 hpt, 5 first response all positive then I did 1 confirm and it's negative... So I'm now not poas and waiting 48 hours to have a bt!! I'm so sick of myself and my forever changing mood!! My poor hubby has been the brunt of my mood swings, I'm amazed he is still here!!

Beatrix... I have had more failed ivf than fet... I think fet let's the body get over being super stimulated.. Many reports state that ivf clinics prefer fet than stimulated cycles...

Hope all is going well...
    Last edited by Mrsmissy; 10-12-2012 at 17:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missy - I did a little research with the help of my friend Mr Google and I found that Confirm 1 Step needs 25mIU HCG to detect whereas First Response's range is 15 - 25mIU HCG. Perhaps your level is just below what Confirm can detect!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks samoht... Love a bit of dr google myself......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the 2ww hposs! Maybe you could get ask clinic if u could have blood test day before wedding? I've brought it forward a day in previous cycles and they were ok with it. Not that u will have to worry about bad news as it is going to be positive!!!

Mrsmissy it sounds VERY promising!!! You cannot have that many false positives! You are preggers for sure!!!!!!!!

Haha samoht, good old doctor google is very knowledgable! What would we do without him???? Good luck for Wednesday!!

Hi to all others, on iPad and have read through but can't look back.

AFM - I can't even believe it....but there are 2 lines on my FRER!!!!' Actually...there are 2 lines on the 6 FRER Im 7dp5dt...tested extremely faint last night, and definitely darker this arvo!! As in i hold it up and can easily see 2 lines!!!My boobs are tender and still a bit crampy. feels very surreal but it looks like it has actually worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!