+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would only park here if it was a friend / family member that the house was in front of and if I had asked first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Do you park your car on other people's lawn in front of their house?

No I don't park on the nature strip at friends places unless the street is very narrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Do you mean the strip of grass between the road and the footpath? Yes I park on it if there is nowhere else to park- which is most of the time outside my close friend's house and my BIL's house. Where else am I supposed to park if the road is full?
    yes, i mean on the strip of grass between road and footpath... weird thing is, I don't know who's car it is. certainly not my visitor. or my neighbours. because i saw them both go out. but yes, the street is definately wide enough and there is more than enough space to park on it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you park your car on other people's lawn in front of their house?

Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    yes, i mean on the strip of grass between road and footpath... weird thing is, I don't know who's car it is. certainly not my visitor. or my neighbours. because i saw them both go out. but yes, the street is definately wide enough and there is more than enough space to park on it.
    If it looks as if it's been dumped, report it

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    I'd call the local council. In Victoria you are not allowed to park on the nature strip and you can report anyone who does to the council who come and give them a fine.
    its illegal in QLD too - because (I believe?) people with strollers/ wheelchairs cant use the footpath / its a hazard for pedestrians maybe? .. so I'd be making a phone call too .. if its irking you .. rofl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No, as I don't want a parking ticket from the council, or to block the footpath or grass verge for people to walk on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Wow! If some random person parked on my front lawn I'd be seriously unimpressed.

If it's my own visitor, I don't care.

EDIT: So you mean just hte nature strip? Meh. I wouldn't care, so long as they weren't blocking me in. I thought you meant on the actual front lawn...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My nan's next door neighbours have a lot of people over all the time and this is something that is a constant PITA for her. They park in her drive way all over her front lawn, they have knocked bins over and damaged her water meter. My nan hasnt said anything out of fear and they have never asked. Very rude. They are just rude people in general though. When me or my mum is over there they stand out the front and just WATCH you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

It would drive me crazy! I get narky when the neighbours put their bins on my lawn

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub