+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default VENT. I can't take this for much longer.

Last night was the same story.
    Around 1 am she went to sleep and woke up at 6.
    So at least we got some sleep!!

Today she was rubbing her eyes and starting to get a little grumpy so I tried her with a nap... Nope!! Even when I walked past her room with her she was screaming and throwing a fit..
    I ended up just going in, putting the light on and giving her a book, just for her to have some quite time, she is in her cot but the door is open, she is quite but awake, beats screaming though!!

Dh and I talked quickly last night and we are going to try and get her into a home day care once a week and an activity each week (I'm thinking swimming)
    We might not be able to afford swimming until the new year but even on a Saturday Dh could drop me off at work and take her to the local pool for the time being, I'm sure with it being summer and a Saturday there would be some other kids are around for her to interact with.

I checked out our local hospitals mums and bubs activities, one of them is a stroller boot camp which is held every Friday at our local tennis court which is a 2min walk from my home!
    I never knew it was there so ill be dragging my a** to that this Friday!

I yelled at her this morning pretty loud
    I feel terrible but she just wouldn't stop and wouldn't listen and I just went crazed mother on her
    The neighbors must think I'm a nut case or something..

I don't expect being a mother to be easy, it's just not feeling very rewarding lately, if I feel like I need to raise my voice I do then I just feel bad and guilty, it's just been the same roller coaster of emotions.. Angry, p!ssed off, on edge.. To sad, guilty, doubt..
    I just wish I had a family member or a friend (someone who is close) to tell me I'm doing a good job, I've never been told that.. No family of mine ever offer advise, if I ask I just get told "it's a kid thing" or "you'll get use to it"
    That's not really what I want to hear when I'm calling my mum or MIL to have a vent.
    They also tend to just say "Oh poor dd, she must be sick of being around you all day every day" :what:

We have my husbands Christmas party soon and mum has already turned around and say "I'm not looking after her if she won't sleep" we put a $75 deposit down each and now no one wants to babysit.. MIL is apparently busy and we have no other family around.

I think I need a holiday.. A weekend away with just me.. Ahh that would be very nice!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I know what it is like to have a cr@ppy sleeper.
    I'm sorry you aren't getting much support from family, it is really sh!t that no-one will take her for one night (who cares if she doesn't sleep, it is just one night of their life - they have the luxury of catching up on sleep the next night, unlike you).

You are doing a good job. Sleep deprivation is a form of torture and you are doing the best you can. It will get better, it doesn't feel like it now but i promise it will.