+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default VENT. I can't take this for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Have you checked her diet for additives/colours/nitrates or even an intolerance to wheat/dairy that may be making her miserable?
    Yes, she has allergies.
    Main one is egg that requires an epipen.
    She showed mild allergies to wheat, corn, soy and seafood groups so we avoid those.
    Everything she eats is from the ground or a tree, everything is organic.
    I make her snacks.. All meat is organic and hormone free.
    She still has 2 bottles of formula a day.. That's the only thing from a packet really..
    I hate seeing all the food I make thrown on the floor

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    sounds like you are having a beyond tough time! That dose not make you a bad mum in any way!
    Have you tried putting her on a bed? Or takin her cot side off? She might be ready for a big bed? I know she's only little but I could be worth a try? Or a night light?
    ETA: the discipline side of thing, you do what you feel comfortable with I have smacked my children for 1year, and it wasn't a thud it was a tap, they got the idea pretty quick. But what is right for me may not be for you
    The car seat, you can get these panels that clip in between the two straps so they can't get out, they are like little contortionists and can get in and out of all places. Hun you are doing a great job please don't beat yourself up!!
    Lol, yes contortionist!
    Ill have to get one of those! It freaks me out having her in the car..

She does have a night light, but yep still in a cot.. I have been thinking of moving her to a big bed but I'm just afraid we could be going from the pot to the frying pan..
    At least in a cot she stays in her room sort of thing..
    Dh did say to me this morning it might be best to put her into a bed, his idea was if she is going through some type of sleep issue at the moment we might as well just put her in the big bed and deal with all the problems at once..
    At least if she is in a big bed she can get in an out and do her own thing in her room.. Hopefully lol..

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you all for your replies though, I really appreciate it.
    Just talking (Weill writing) about it all makes me feel a little better and not so alone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Another thing: do you think she could be acting out because she senses you are tense? I remember when I was too poor to be able to run a car things like swimming lessons and playgroup were a blessing because it got us out of the house. Maybe try a stricter routine, I know my DS is very headstrong like yours and he thrives on structure and routine.

Another book which I find handy is Buddhism for Mothers. You don't have to be Buddhist to get something from this book, she has some great advice about relaxation techniques and controlling your emotions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Rachell you're definitely not alone I promise you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Buddhism for mothers is awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I could not read and not reply, I think i actually posted a similar thing when DD was that age.

Somethings that were suggested to me were:

Stop the day naps - this did help but the first few nights were difficult
    Funnily enough when i stopped giving her fruit in the afternoons (but plenty in the mornings) she settled a bit easier - maybe there was too much natural sugar?

I would not take the sides off the cot until you are ready. I did and it just meant that she would. not. stay. in. bed. at. all - looking back at it, i think (for me) it was just too early and she did not understand that she had to stay in bed (not get up and play)

My DD would get so frustrated and angry that she would bite herself. I took her to countless doctors who all said the same thing, its a phase, she will grow out of it. It was actually the director of her childcare centre that suggested that her anger and her frustration comes from knowing what she wants and wants to say but not yet being able to tell anyone. That made alot of sense to me. The director arranged for her to spend an hour or two with the bigger kids to help her learn ways of communications and the change in her speech and behaviour was amazing.

I found 1 2 3 magic did help me too - once i was consistent with it. Now i rarely even have to get to 2!

I hope this helps and best of luck. It does get better. PM me if you need to

Thanks
    Reviews

Just wanted to give u some hugs. You sound like a fantastic mum that loves her DD very much. I understand as my DD has been feral the last month out of the blue. It's so hard especially with limited family support. My mum says similar things to me too :-(

I definatly recommend super nanny and maybe drop day sleep. But most of all check out your daycare options, family daycare is really cheap. My DD goes to daycare 2 days a week and sometimes I work those days but if I don't sometimes I just sleep or catch up with friends or do shopping and house work. It's a godsend! Gives me a break and makes me a much nicer mummy!

I was suprised how affordable daycare ended up being for us. DD loves it and has so much fun there. She is a very busy little girl who needs lots of stimulation so it's great for her. They also learn heaps about boundaries and how to do things, like sit quietly at a table, manners, boundaries between eachother. It's really good.

Anyway I hope u are ok. PM me if u need to chat :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Another thing: do you think she could be acting out because she senses you are tense? I remember when I was too poor to be able to run a car things like swimming lessons and playgroup were a blessing because it got us out of the house. Maybe try a stricter routine, I know my DS is very headstrong like yours and he thrives on structure and routine.

Another book which I find handy is Buddhism for Mothers. You don't have to be Buddhist to get something from this book, she has some great advice about relaxation techniques and controlling your emotions.
    Absolutely, I get very stressed very easily.
    I do suffer depression and it was out of control when she was first born, I feel it's well under control at the moment but I still find it hard to stop myself from bursting into tears in situations like these.
    I don't doubt for a second that boredom has something to do with it all, I'm extremely bored!! So I can only imagine how dd is feeling.
    The no car sucks..
    If I went back to work full time I would need a car, and right now we just don't have the funds to buy one or get a loan even if we could afford it once I was back at work, I do work 2 nights a week for a few hours plus Saturdays but during the days we are stuck at home..
    I made the effort to walk to places today that aren't so close to home and now I'm just exhausted after no sleep lol.
    I'm sick of sitting in a house all day and work just consists of 4 more walls to be around..
    I know we need to get out more, I would love to get her into swimming lessons etc.. It's just money.
    Especially at this time of year..
    Something needs to be done though.. We are both going to go insane soon, if we haven't already.
    I might talk to Dh tonight and see if there is any way I can have the car one or two days a week, or even if there is any way we can enrol her in day care, swimming lessons, some type of toddlers play sport.. Something!!
    I'm in a mothers group but meet ups are usually on a Saturday (the one day I work all day) or I have no car to meet up during the week..

I'm sure when I'm not so brain zapped I can work something out.
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 13-11-2012 at 15:50.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: VENT. I can't take this for much longer.

Sorry I don't have time for a long reply, but you DD sounds just like mine at that age. DD is now 11 and things do get better! Definitely agree with Buddhism for mothers also raising a spirited child, both books help me greatly. Stay strong, take any break you are offered and try to find one moment each day that you can smile about.

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub