Closed Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Step away from the keyboard.
    I bloody need to. I deactivate my FB so I have no where to vent lol I will be leaving soon though to take DS to school lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    I bloody need to. I deactivate my FB so I have no where to vent lol I will be leaving soon though to take DS to school lol
    It happens to all of us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I doubt any of us think we are perfect parents, just responsible ones who would hopefully never intentionally put a child's life at risk
    We're you serious or not? Do you send your kids to school with nuts that are banned as they could potentially kill another child?that's all we were asking
    They arent banned. They are just frown apon. Serious yes, but I never knew someone could get sick just by smell or touch. I always warn him to never let another kid touch his lunch because they can get sick if they eat it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [quote deleted by moderator]

Yeah but as people have said, even if they dont eat it at school they could still kill another child just by having it on them. I admit my kids arent the cleanist children. They have food on their tops sometimes... Ok my 2 year old is grotty. I wont be held responsible if someone gets sick because I have a dirty... No, because I have a 2 year old. I will feed my kids nuts. I cant promise he wont get it on equitment.
    Last edited by BH-KatiesMum; 14-11-2012 at 10:24. Reason: delete quote

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    [quote deleted by moderator]

I do think some of the replies were harsh, however you say other people have no idea what you've been through. Well, I find it a bit odd because your first post said it's not your son's fault other kids have allergies so you do what you want.

Well you have no idea what others have been through. Have they sat in the emergency room after their child had a reaction to a food product?

I have had my son react to foods and insects three times and they were some of the scariest moments of my life - and he's not even anaphylactic! I can't imagine the stress other parents must endure.

I am far from perfect but I can say in all honesty I have never sent even a crumb of a nut to school in my son's 2 years of schooling.
    Last edited by BH-KatiesMum; 14-11-2012 at 10:25. Reason: delete quote

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

blubber  (14-11-2012),intruderalert1234  (14-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Preschool food policies

Im thankful that this thread has made me more aware of allergies and the potential dangers for some people.

Ill now be very careful not to ever send DD to playgroup / kindy / school with anything that could harm another child

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't think anyone is saying they are perfect?
    All people are saying is that is not hard to be mindful of allergies and not give your children something that could make another child very ill. I make sure my DD doesn't eat nuts even before going to kindy and she is always send to kindy clean, if she had food on her top i would change it (takes 30 secs) - if i'm a goody two shoes well so be it.

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Preschool food policies

My daycare the parent has to fill in this form about what the child is allergic to. But they supply the food.

We have only hit discovered my DD is allergic to a particular food and if any parent I new of was showing that kind of blaitent disregard for another child's safety ild be putting a complaint into the big bosses and most likey taking it further to ACA or something. That is just horrible. What if your child had the nut allergy and some woman didn't give a damn just so her kid could eat peanut butter for lunch. Why not jam? Or fruit instead? That's just wrong seriously. You better hope that nothing happens to any child coz if it does then this thread gets out.... You my lady may be in jail a long time.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I have deleted a number of posts in this thread.

While you are free to discuss - even argue - please do not insult other members.

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Preschool food policies

Cleigh, I think the parents of children with allergies considered your comment ultimate nastiness. Honestly, you need to have a think about your own lack of compassion. Your child accidentally having something on their clothes or hands is different to you declaring you're just going to send food that kids are allergic to to school.

If your child had a life threatening illness and someone else said, "Oh well, that's not my fault, I'm just going to do such and such anyway" knowing it could hurt your child, do you not think you would be upset?! We live as a community, we depend on one another to be considerate.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (14-11-2012),peanutmonkey  (14-11-2012)