+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Would you use a comforter?

I have for one each of my 3 children. They have had them since birth and are are definitely comforted by them. I think at about 5-6 months was when I really noticed they wanted their comforters and it soothed them if they were upset etc. downfall is obviously they can get too attached and if u loose one when you're out it's hell to pay. My kids have 4 each - 2 in rotation as they get feral and 2 stored away in case of an emergency. I plan to always keep one never opened and give it to them when they're older for their child one day.

Thanks
    Reviews

Ps two of ours are kaloo and one is a goldbug brand. They're all small blankies with a head of an animal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    No Way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Would you use a comforter?

Ds uses a big puppy teddy. About the size of him. When he goes to bed he turns his head into the puppy then he is off. When we took it out of the cot to see how he went his sleep went downhill! So i love the idea.. I didn't when he easy very small newborn then the child health nurse and Ngala in Perth told me to give him a comfort item to sleep with so must be ok..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I prefer not to until like 6 months. I've used a few things for her but so far the things she's liked the most are a squishy teething ring to chew and a muslin wrap tied in knots.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

I cut up about 10 muslin blankets into 1/4's so they are small squares and hemmed the edges. DS2 doesn't mind which one he has as long as he has one of them at all times and now at 28 months even though he has lost see he still has about 30 of them. Heaps better than having one single blanket/teddy

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sent you a private message, let me know if you get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, it's a SIDS risk. I just double checked the SIDS and kids website: "Quilts, doonas, duvets, pillows, soft toys and cot bumpers in the cot are not recommended"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

No. My DS rolls around so much in the cot, I wouldn't want anything in his way.