+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Everyone has a comment and I'm over it!!

So I'm 27 weeks along with our first baby. I have planned to use cloth - mostly MCNs with maybe some terry flats to start off with. I have bought my stash and am really excited. I have also ordered some bamboo liners as I think it will make it easier for dp in the first instance until bub does solid poos then for wipes I have made some cloth ones but have also planned to make some homemade flush able wipes from viva paper towels for those really nasty poos so they can just be flushed.

So everyone that finds out - I don't go advertising it but people who see the nursery etc all have to go on and on about how silly I am, why wouldn't I just use sposies as there easy etc.

I'm not an idiot!! I considered my options before make my decision. I have changed, washed and folded many a cloth nappy when my niece was in them 15 or so years ago and do not see why I can't do it myself! I'm not expecting anyone else to wash or dry my nappies or wipes so I wish they would just butt out.

Sorry about the rant, did anyone else find the comments maddening??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Everyone has a comment and I'm over it!!

My mum ran me down constantly about how stupid it was, how the chemicals needed were no better for the environment , the water needed to wash ment it wouldnt be cheaper, i would.never handle the extra washing

In the end i didn't bother and used disposables, my sister.brought cloth for my 13 month old.nephew and my mother wouldn't shut up about how awesome they were

Sent from my LG-E400f using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

See I'm stubborn as an ox so there comments kind of only make me more determined!! Just want to tell them to shove it tho!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Love the pun at the end of your rant, I personally just saw your post and wanted to congratulate you on doing what you want rather than listening to the rude people who choose to force their unwanted opinions onto others, I found this issue the biggest when I was pregnant recently, it's crazy the amount of down right rude people who tell you what you should be doing and what they did when they had their baby etc etc well done and kudos

Thanks
    Reviews

People don't understand it so criticize. Good on you for giving cloth a go with your first. I'm sure you will make it work for you when bub is born. And even though cloth has a big start up cost I think I have saved so much money using cloth over disposables.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you so much for your encouragement, it's nice to not be told I'm an idiot for doing something I believe in.
    I agree, I refuse to tell people I'm planning a water birth for fear that people would negatively comment and really, it's nothing to do with them!

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't have a bub yet but we have slowly been collecting cloth nappies. Everybody seems to have an opinion about it. I just ignore it and tell them I plan to breast feed for as long as I can and if possibly have a water birth at home :-) they soon shut up :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Everyone has an opinion on everything - it's frustrating!
    I think people that don't use cloth sometimes have the perception that its very time consuming- when really, it's not (and I've used both disposables and cloth as I got given sooo many disposables!)
    Plus, cloth is so much cuter!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Everyone has a comment and I'm over it!!

Quote Originally Posted by maria02 View Post
    Everyone has an opinion on everything - it's frustrating!
    You got that so right,
    My.own family told me not to 'count' on breast feeding as my boobs were 'to big', they openly doubted my ability to have a natural birth and detested dp and i's choice of names

Sent from my LG-E400f using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am getting something similar from my own sisters. Both of whom have babies. They decided to use disposables, so I have ended up with a box of their "leftovers" when their LOs grew out of them. But I want to do the cloth thing (at least during the day) as I remember my DSD got terrible nappy rash from cheap disposables. We spent heaps of money on Huggies nappies for her, as all others made her bottom very red and sore looking. Gets expensive!!! I am hoping to use cloth as much as possible. I will be using the terry flats, not the MCNs as they are too expensive for me on my budget....
    Good luck to you OP!!! You and I can both do it!!! Cloth nappies for the win!!!