Closed Thread
Page 93 of 157 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Clucky14.... the discussion on 3dt vs 5dt seems to be evenly split from everything I've read on here, as well as what FSs, nurses and scientists have said to me. There seems to be as many successes at 3dt as with 5dt, so I don't think there's a magic formula.

Some people say that that the best place for an embryo is back inside the body where it's meant to be. That made sense to me, until I read things which said that at 3 days normally the embryo would still be on it's journey, as apparently it doesn't get to the uterus until about day 5, hence why others say that day 5 is the way to go. One of the scientists at the Next G lab told me that it makes no difference at all, and it's more to do with what you're comfortable with, e.g. I liked the idea of having DH's baby inside of me even if it was only 3 days old and didn't take. That's what happened, and strangely I'm kind of at peace knowing that I did have his baby inside of me - so it can be emotionally good too that way. However I think if you have more than one embryo, it makes sense to wait til day 5 to see which one is doing the best.

Not very helpful, as there seems to be many pros and cons!! Each person needs to do what they feel is right for them at that time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

clucky14  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

So epu next Wednesday and transfer to my lovely surrogate on Monday. Fingers crossed!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So excited for you Makiely, best of luck for EPU and the transfer.

Had my first scan today, said that I have heaps of follicles and all growing well. Everything sounds much more positive than last round so we are pretty excited. 1 week till EPU!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi everyone, just found this group. Is it ok to join? I started a short cycle on Sunday. Going in for my 3rd ultrasound and blood test tomorrow. This is my second cycle, my first resulted in my baby boy who is now 1 on Wednesday that cycle was a long cycle. DH had two failed vasectomy reversals over 4yrs. I have mild PSOS. Any way good luck everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by familyinthemaking View Post
    Hi everyone, just found this group. Is it ok to join? I started a short cycle on Sunday. Going in for my 3rd ultrasound and blood test tomorrow. This is my second cycle, my first resulted in my baby boy who is now 1 on Wednesday that cycle was a long cycle. DH had two failed vasectomy reversals over 4yrs. I have mild PSOS. Any way good luck everyone.
    Welcome

Glad to hear you've had success before, I'm sure it won't be long again

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by littlesunflowers View Post
    Marttc your cycle has really been cancelled?
    Yes little sunflowers
    Very sad about it but can only countdown to start again

How are you doing?

Thanks
    Reviews

Clucky14, MGCBertie put it very well. I had three follicles to start with at EPU but they "lost one" (I didn't go there) so we only had two after EPU. After ICSI only one fertilised.

I asked the embryologist am I a better incubator, should we opt for a d3 tf or wait it out and see if it progresses to day five. If not we would know earlier instead of the TWW and less fees for not having the ET. She said it made no difference.

Three days later when she called to say our embie was a 10 cell grade one little fighter, the same embryologist said that I am a better incubator an they wanted to do a day 3 transfer which they did 6 days ago.

So I am in the opinion that research is improving constantly and advanced technology has been able to allow the scientist to create an environment almost the same as what we provide. I honestly don't think there is any difference but I would prefer to be the incubator

I did a HPT FUIM yesterday and eventually (close to 10 mins) I had a very faint line. My ovidrel trigger was 9 days prior, so hoping it was out of my system (was out by 7 days last time i used it on clomid) and it is an early indicator! Will try again tomorrow with everything crossed! Way to early but I couldn't help myself!trying desperately but with no luck to not get my hopes up.

I have had a very dull ache the last three days very low (a lot less than period pain though), hoping that this isn't a bad sign.

Best wishes and warm welcomes to all xx

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Bindy, that sounds SUPER PROMISING!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed for you Bindi! Sounds promising!

i'm now on day 10 of my cycle. Bloods and ultrasound yesterday showed 8 strong follicles at about 12mm. Have been so bloated and uncomfortable for the last few days. Good news is that my cyst has not grown. I was so worried about it.

my FS has decreased my dosage of Gonal F from 150 to 100 because of the bloating and I feel heaps better today.

thinking maybe Wendnesday for EPU?

hope you all have good long weekends

Thanks
    Reviews
    HOpe you get that BFP Bindy. I was up early waiting for the call. Good news my two embies are still going strong best news to get as I hardly slept was so worried . They've decided to do the 5dt which will be Monday. It's all happening so fast.