Closed Thread
Page 9 of 157 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My AF when I start my cycle won't be til Jan 20th or thereabouts, so I'll be a bit behind a lot of you guys by the sounds of things. I've been known to have the occasional 26-day cycle (but more often 28-31 days), so I'm hoping I'm lucky enough to have a couple of shorter ones in a row so I can start a few days earlier than I'm anticipating.. fat chance, lol.

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Due to DH needing an additional surgeon on EPU day, our EPU date was scheduled and then my injection dates calculated backwards from that. So I've just started Synarel and injections begin mid-January. Nice to know the exact dates so far in advance, but it all feels very scheduled! Hopefully the super-planning ends in the planned outcome.

Not looking forward to weeks of Synarel though - I hate the taste, and I get hot flushes from it. Last time I took it it was winter, so it oughta be fun through summer!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies

Little flowers, We will cycling around the same time!
    I'm a bit of a newbie when comes to ivf. It will be our first cycle. I'm just looking at my schedule the nurse gave me. I will be on fsh, Gonal f 150 then on day 5 I also start a Antagonist. Might be a silly question but what is a Antagonist?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Qloulou View Post
    Hey Ladies

Little flowers, We will cycling around the same time!
    I'm a bit of a newbie when comes to ivf. It will be our first cycle. I'm just looking at my schedule the nurse gave me. I will be on fsh, Gonal f 150 then on day 5 I also start a Antagonist. Might be a silly question but what is a Antagonist?
    The antagonist, typically Cetrotide or Orgalutran, is an injection you start on about CD 8 which stops your body from spontaneously ovulating. You have all these big follies with eggs in them growing, and if you weren't given an antagonist you would start ovulating and would lose your eggs.

People on a down reg. cycle don't need to use an antagonist, as the Synarel or Lucrin they use from 1 week before the cycle starts supresses all their hormones, including the LH which makes you ovulate.

ETA: I just noticed you said that you start your antag. on CD 5, so maybe everyone starts it at different times. Last cycle I started mine on CD 8.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Qloulou  (11-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank-you Sariele. That makes sense.
    I think I may be on a different or short protocol because of my low amh.
    I'm not sure how i'll go with stimulation on my first cycle.
    I guess they will just adjust the drugs if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'd like to join in too please. We had our first IVF/ICSI cycle in September. I had 6 eggs collected and 2 of these fertilised. 1 was transferred and the other was suitable for freezing. We had a confirmed pregnancy however my HCG levels weren't rising as well as they'd like them to and at our 7 week scan, no heartbeat was found. Needless to say we were devastated as we have been TTC#1 for about 4 years.

I was left to see if I could miscarry on my own, but this didn't happen either so I had a D&C 4 weeks ago. We had an appointment with our FS this morning and depending on when AF arrives in December, I will need to go on the pill and do another fresh cycle in February.

We do have 1 frosty but our FS wants to try and "bank" some more as the chances are reduced with only 1 and if it was to be successful, my eggs would be another year or so older before TTC#2. We live in Darwin and there is only 1 fertility clinic in the NT so we are limited for choice or options but have been pretty happy with our treatment so are prepared to go again.

As far as side effects etc goes, I don't really think I had any. The injections were daunting at first but I found if I put an ice pack on my tummy while I prepared the injection you don't feel a thing!!

Sorry for the long post, Good Luck for everyone about to go through this emotional roller coaster and I'm looking forward to lots of successful pregnancies for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah they will, based on your scans/BTs. You should probably be aware though that with low AMH you may not stim as well as you hope the first cycle, i.e. you might only get 5 or less eggs. I'm not an expert, but this is just going by what I've read from others. However if you don't get many eggs, don't be disheartened, I know so many people who got UTD from cycles where they only got 2, 3 or 4 eggs.

stc76! Sorry to hear about your m/c, so heartbreaking. We had 2 fertilise last cycle too, and had one to transfer and miraculously one to freeze (the transferred one was only a morula on day 5, and the frozen one was only 12 cell compating on day 5 but was suddenly a blasty on day 6!). Our FS said the same to us, that we should keep our miracle blasty in the freezer for TTC#2, as because it was very erratic in developing he didn't think it was worth using for an FET while we're still so desperate to get pg (I think I mentioned this in my post further up the page). Here's hoping our next stims will be The One for both of us.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

I was on a short protocol and I have a high AMH so I don't know if it's related. I was on quite a low dose so that i didn't overstimulate. I got 8 eggs and 5 were mature. I'll see the FS again next week and find out if he'll increase the stim or change to a different protocol. I've only done one round so far and they explained that the first time is the beginning of experimenting to see what works for you. Some lucky people do have success the first time and for the rest of us they'll look at how it went and then tweak the protocol accordingly.

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage stc76. I hope our next round brings you happiness.

I'm loving this thread. It's exciting to be having another go and lovely to be counting down with all you ladies.
    Last edited by MrsErinR; 11-12-2012 at 20:24.

Thanks
    Reviews

So we saw FS today and are good to go for natural FET in late jan/early feb! It is going to be super weird compared to last time - no drugs, no bloods til about CD9 and then only 1or 2, no ultrasounds.... Not even a nurse appt just forms in the post.
    Basically just wait til the time is right and pop it in.

So different to my only other experience which was full on stim cycle with OHSS etc.

Am starting to feel the nerves building! Eek!

Thanks
    Reviews

Can I join in? We'll be doing our 2nd Ivf cycle in January.

We had an unsuccessful cycle in November. Taking a break for December and Epu scheduled for last week in Jan.

Going nuts waiting and waiting feels like I'm wishing my life away.