Closed Thread
Page 82 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by vetttc View Post
    Can't sleep, sitting up crying thinking about the bad news I am going to hear tomorrow. Poor DH doesn't know what to say to make it better because there isn't anything. He's really upset too and I can he is also thinking about how much each cycle is costing and how he is going to have to keep working harder to pay all the bills especially as I have not gone part time due to the stress of IVF.
    My heart breaks for you. Nobody deserves to feel this low. It is such an emotional experience, so many hopes and expectations, highs and lows. We are all here and praying for you that you have some brilliant news to share in the near future. Xx

The financial stress is worrying me also as I'm not sure if we can try again for a long time. We have a lot happening in our lives after the floods and the damage not covered by insurance

My embryo is now day five and I'm hoping it is implanting in there somewhere. I am dreaming about it eery night. When did everyone start HPT's my last ovidrel was one week ago so should be out. I was thinking of doing one this Sunday which would be 6days post transfer and embryo day 9.

Welcome newbies and best wishes to all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Vetttc - does your clinic offer a counselling service? I know a lot of people who have used the service and found it really helpful. It is so hard and no one understands what you are going through personally, and partners/husbands really have the most difficult job trying to help and support when they are also grieving.

It is probably hard to imagine right now but this feeling WILL pass. Keep taking one day at a time and reach out to us for support whenever you need to, we are all here to support each other x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vetttc and Junglebaby.... I really feel for you both. I can't say how many nights I've cried myself to sleep, woken in the night crying and go to work crying. Each of us has different issues, but these heart strings are all the same.

KnittingNancy.... that seems unusual that your clinic wants everyone to start on a Thursday, unless it's to do with the FS having all the EPUs on one day too.

MsABR and GreenMoon.... I read with interest about Genea's early Preganancy Monitoring programme. Sounds like a great idea, and wonder if other clinics do a similar program. Guess I'll find out if ever I get to that stage :-)

Jilapril.... congratulations. A great result so far - if we get half of that we'll be over the moon, so I'm sure you are too :-)

Deb01.... yes, I definitely needed day of EPU and day off, and most other ladies that I've read have done so too. As I've said before I was fine the day after of my second cycle, but there was only 2 eggs, so I think that's why.

LittleSunflowers.... when I picked up Syranel yesterday the nurse was very definite NOT to take a second spray - she particularly said you can blow your nose straight afterwards, as the medicine doesn't go up your nose, but rather is absorbed into the lining of your nose immediately. She said that's why it wasn't important to have your head tipped forwards or backwards like hayfever sprays and others recommend.

AFM.... We have a plan now and should start sniffing Syranel today or tomorrow, as soon as the results of yesterdays BTs are in. We're going with the plan to see if Dr G can find some sperm in DH's micro-dissection, so are not waiting for donor sperm, as it still won't be available for another month (and I just can't wait any longer). There is a possibility that Dr G doesn't find any useable sperm, so the cycle would then be cancelled (ie. no EPU), but DH and I feel that we will be no worse off in that situation as we were in our first two cycles that didn't result in a pregnancy (apart from financially, but it's only money!!). Glad to to doing something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Vetttc and Junglebaby.... I really feel for you both. I can't say how many nights I've cried myself to sleep, woken in the night crying and go to work crying. Each of us has different issues, but these heart strings are all the same.

KnittingNancy.... that seems unusual that your clinic wants everyone to start on a Thursday, unless it's to do with the FS having all the EPUs on one day too.

MsABR and GreenMoon.... I read with interest about Genea's early Preganancy Monitoring programme. Sounds like a great idea, and wonder if other clinics do a similar program. Guess I'll find out if ever I get to that stage :-)

Jilapril.... congratulations. A great result so far - if we get half of that we'll be over the moon, so I'm sure you are too :-)

Deb01.... yes, I definitely needed day of EPU and day off, and most other ladies that I've read have done so too. As I've said before I was fine the day after of my second cycle, but there was only 2 eggs, so I think that's why.

LittleSunflowers.... when I picked up Syranel yesterday the nurse was very definite NOT to take a second spray - she particularly said you can blow your nose straight afterwards, as the medicine doesn't go up your nose, but rather is absorbed into the lining of your nose immediately. She said that's why it wasn't important to have your head tipped forwards or backwards like hayfever sprays and others recommend.

AFM.... We have a plan now and should start sniffing Syranel today or tomorrow, as soon as the results of yesterdays BTs are in. We're going with the plan to see if Dr G can find some sperm in DH's micro-dissection, so are not waiting for donor sperm, as it still won't be available for another month (and I just can't wait any longer). There is a possibility that Dr G doesn't find any useable sperm, so the cycle would then be cancelled (ie. no EPU), but DH and I feel that we will be no worse off in that situation as we were in our first two cycles that didn't result in a pregnancy (apart from financially, but it's only money!!). Glad to to doing something.
    Thx MGC Bertie! I wish you all the best and hope your DH's sperm will be found and the cycle will not be cancelled . Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow lots going on with everyone. Hope those going through egg retrieval today get lots of eggs and they all fertilise and develop well, those testing good luck and for those on 2ww like me may the time go quickly. Vettc sorry if this one hasn't worked for you. It doesn't get any easier to handle
    Have a great day everyone and look forward to seeing all the updates later

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post

yep seemed odd to me too, I asked and it's a logistical thing so everyone has scans etc in the same days and then EPU in or around the same day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well on the wy home after EPU this morning. I had anaesthetic and went to sleep it was amazing how quick it worked though the canula in hand killed !!! I must say the staff at Genea are absolutely perfect I have never felt so cared for. They were great. Ended up getting 7 eggs I was hoping for a bit more but I know that the quality is more important than the number . Will find out tomorrow how many fertilized praying for a good number of them. I'm in a bit of pain; I had 2 panadeine fortes after when I woke up in bad pain like terrible period pain and then some other pain killers through the drip so hoping they last awhile . Off to buy a heat pack as I didn't think of buying one before! Hope everyone else that had EPU today went well .i was about testy too but it's all done now thank goodness.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi girls, just leaving hospital. Got 5 eggs, was a little disappointed but the nurses reassure me its ok!

Thanks
    Reviews
    KnittingNancy.... can I ask which clinic you're at?

Cluck14 and GStef.... 7 + 5 eggs is great!! Let's hope that these eggs are really good quality, as that's way better than having a stack of eggs that are just so-so. Good luck :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    Well on the wy home after EPU this morning. I had anaesthetic and went to sleep it was amazing how quick it worked though the canula in hand killed !!! I must say the staff at Genea are absolutely perfect I have never felt so cared for. They were great. Ended up getting 7 eggs I was hoping for a bit more but I know that the quality is more important than the number . Will find out tomorrow how many fertilized praying for a good number of them. I'm in a bit of pain; I had 2 panadeine fortes after when I woke up in bad pain like terrible period pain and then some other pain killers through the drip so hoping they last awhile . Off to buy a heat pack as I didn't think of buying one before! Hope everyone else that had EPU today went well .i was about testy too but it's all done now thank goodness.

Good luck with fertilisation, hope you get lots fertilised. Rest up, in my experience the heat pack will become your best friend for a couple of days.