Page 75 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    bindy, that is wonderful news
    safam, 13 days is a long time to wait, thinking of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just got the call doing my trigger tonight !!! Wow the days have flown can't believe the times come up so quick but also has gone slow in a way. Not feeling too great today though bit sore and bloated . Will be using ice pack for the ovidrel! That's for sure hope it dosnt hurt !!!! EPU is booked in for Wed 7;30am nice and early. I'm excited but also really nervous !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome news BINDY bet your so happy!!!
    I have a question everyone that's done EPU already did you have a local or general anaesthetic ? I really want a general as I am a chicken and would rather wake up and it be all done !

Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    I have a question everyone that's done EPU already did you have a local or general anaesthetic ? I really want a general as I am a chicken and would rather wake up and it be all done !
    I had a light anaesthetic. Not sure what it's called but you are fully out to it like a general. It's a bit easier to recover from than a general though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, Im happy to report Im home from EPU and so far Im feeling pretty normal! Hope its going to stay this way! Got 16 eggs, praying many will fertilise . EPU went well, was totally under but not a general anaesthetic, so definitely dont feel as bad as after general. A bit sore down there but panadeine helps just so glad its over!!!! Thanks everyone for your support!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    Clucky, mine was like a general in a way that I instantly fall asleep and woke up in recovery. But it was like a light version of general, therefore Im feeling totally normal only few hours after the procedure

Thanks
    Reviews

They give you midazolam which is feels like a general but you are awake and can't remember a thing. My EPU was apparently very difficult for some reason so they anticipated I would be in a bit of pain (which I wasn't really) and I can't remember a thing. In fact if you read up you will see that I was offering everyone cakes during my EPU and thanking them for being at my home haha. Most people have a nap or don't say much at all.
    Don't be frightened

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bindy111 View Post
    I just had my transfer and our little embie was a grade 1 embryo that looked as though it had started to compact down already with more than 10 cells. There were no fragments. Everyone was so positive so everything is crossed!!
    Wow, what a totally amazing result after the disappointment. That is fantastic, and it sounds like one strong little embie.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    I had a light anaesthetic. Not sure what it's called but you are fully out to it like a general. It's a bit easier to recover from than a general though.
    This. It's also called twilight sedation. As far as I know I am always completely asleep during my procedures. I've had the sedation four times now in the last eight months, and I actually look forward to it now! I love the couple of seconds of total relaxation before you black out, and I love the pleasant sleepiness when you wake up again.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Girls
    a sedation and a general use the same drugs, they just don't give you as much for a sedation. a full general anesthetic they put an airway (breathing tube) once your asleep. for an EPU there is no airway since you are able to breath on your own!!

Thanks
    Reviews

My last EPU was yuck under sedation (I was very awake and remember it all, not a lot of pain just not nice) so will do the General next time.

I don't want to scare anyone but I am a chicken and should have listened to my instincts and done the general - although it sounds like I am the exception to the rule.