Closed Thread
Page 69 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Re: frozen embryos, my FS said that if you don't have a drop off (from egg numbers to Day 5 blastys) then you need to ask the question of whether you need to be doing IVF (MFI aside).

Out of 15 eggs this cycle I was super stoked to get 2 to transfer and one to freeze.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls for the support it really helps me feel better
    Good luck forty plus with transfer! I have never in 6 cycles had one to freeze and I am 36 with no known fertility issues (we have MFI) so if you get one to freeze at forty plus then that is amazing!!!!
    Yeah I work with animals, I am a Vet. This weekend I have the after hours phone which means at any time day or night someone could ring me with a sick dog, cat, horse, cow etc....stressful not knowing if you will get a full night's sleep when you go to bed or what and when anyone will call me with. Going through IVF at the same time as being on call kind sends me over the edge....hard to deal with emergencies and the demands of clients when I am an emotional hormonal wreck myself. This cycle I have only been working part time which has been a lot easier, my 5 previous cycles I worked through them all and it was a real struggle, plus I got complaints from my workmates I was difficult to work with lol. I find it hard when people come in with their children, it makes my heart ache when a little child brings in their pet, I always involve them and get them to listen to their pet's heart they really love it, but although I am smiling on the outside on the inside I am so sad as I look at these families and think I may never have that and how am I going to cope the rest of my life wanting to be a mum so badly? I can't even go to the supermarket without feeling upset about all the mums and kids.
    Anyway sorry for being so whingy and negative I am having a rough few days...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vetttc For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    side note vetttc - how did you find injecting yourself after working with animals?
    We breed horses so I've been giving IM shots since I was 16, vaccinations, anti-biotics, etc. I found it so easy to jab myself because human skin is so much softer than horse skin, lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    vettc,

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMoon For This Useful Post:

vetttc  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi deb I've just started gonal f 300, day 5 today, good to hv someone on similar cycle to me. When's yr scan? I've got one Wednesday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by safam View Post
    side note vetttc - how did you find injecting yourself after working with animals?
    We breed horses so I've been giving IM shots since I was 16, vaccinations, anti-biotics, etc. I found it so easy to jab myself because human skin is so much softer than horse skin, lol!
    Yeah no problem, have also stitched up my own leg after cutting it once, human skin is so easy to work with compared to animals lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the good wishes on ET. All went smoothly, now back home taking it easy and letting DH cook a roast . Start of the 2ww now.
    Good luck to everyone for this next week......

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Off topic but vetttc, do you know much about rabbits?

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations MsAskBelieveReceive, first BFP on the thread! And there are so many of us - so many more to come, I think! Exciting that there are more arriving in the 2ww every day. Can't wait to join you!

Beatrix, condolences to you and your family.

Melissa, welcome - how exciting that you have a surrogate, it will be a very special journey for both of you! Is your surrogate going to join in on the forums as well?

Bindy, others have said it, but I would be happy with a 3dt. Embryos have been incubating in wombs rather than petri dishes for generations, after all!

vetttc, after I had my lap/hys surgery, I yelled at our cat a lot because I was in pain and she kept stealing my chair so I couldn't sit down! Doesn't make you horrible, makes you someone with a lot of responsibilities going through a very difficult experience. Step 1 of doing IVF is, in my opinion, to cut yourself some slack.

GStef, I rely on alarms on my mobile phone and my watch to remind me of injections and Synarel. It's especially helpful at non-routine-controlled times like weekends or when I'm out at nights. Incidentally I also sometimes take doses a half hour early if I feel I am likely to forget because I am going out. FS told me that was fine - just not for the trigger.

I'm on day 4 of injections and feel really bleh - I'm on a dose of 300, and I am wondering if that is what is causing the constant nausea. I was on 300 last cycle but not from the beginning, so perhaps after weeks of Synarel, the new high hormone dose has taken my body by surprise. I'm also getting really tired. Hopefully it is the hormones and not the flu! And hopefully I can still get through more than a week of work without the symptoms getting worse...

I can't believe Beanie went on a run the day before EPU!!

Meanwhile, I realised this morning that I am supposed to be leaving the gonal-f dose knob pressed in until I pull out the needle, and I have been releasing the knob just before pulling the needle out. Whoops! Hopefully unimportant, but I might phone and check tomorrow...damned paranoia!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

Beatrix  (20-01-2013),MsAskBelieveReceive  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Vetttc it's not easy especially after you've been through so may cycles. Positive thoughts your way.

Makiely, not sure when my first scan will be, I guess I'll find out Thursday after my bloods. How are you feeling taking the gonal high dose? Any side effects?