Closed Thread
Page 68 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah, thanks sariele! That is so helpful.. definitely makes a lot more sense to me now. I am really glad they can refreeze them if they are good enough quality- I wouldn't be too happy if they just discarded them after thawing them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sariele, I was just going to reply to beanie, thanks for the awesome explanation!!! Mine wouldn't have been so thorough!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMoon For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

What Sariele said, they watch you carefully and when you ovulate naturally and gets itself ready for a spontaneous pregnancy, they pull the old switcheroo and pop a "here's one we prepared earlier" in. The risk of multiple pregnancy is no joke either, I know two women who got pregnant in the same month as they had fet and went on to have twins!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to safam For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (20-01-2013),clucky14  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's definitely good news. I honestly don't know how people go through so many rounds of IVF, this is my first and I'm so exhausted and over it I get up 5am have my shots and try sleep again but it dosnt happen and then have a tantrum cry , kinda funny. only on weekend though otherwise it's straight to work. Can't believe how quick the time goes though .Hope it's all worth it
    Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    Ah, thanks sariele! That is so helpful.. definitely makes a lot more sense to me now. I am really glad they can refreeze them if they are good enough quality- I wouldn't be too happy if they just discarded them after thawing them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

That should have read "your body gets itself ready for pregnancy" oops!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beanie - Yeah, they wouldn't waste any good ones. However keep in mind that labs have a pretty high standard when it comes to which embies they will freeze. Some will not meet freezing standards, even if they're still growing, so be aware that you may not end up with frosties from the first round thawed. Also remember that a fantastic result from any stim cycle is to have one to transfer and one to freeze (on Day 5, that is), so if you have nine zygotes frozen, even if only two of these are deemed good enough to transfer or re-freeze on Day 5, that is still a wonderful result. I try to remind first-timers this, because a lot of people are somehow under the impression that the idea of IVF is to get as many frosties as possible, and although occasionally someone will end up with a few, it is very much an exception to the rule. There is a theory I've heard that only one or two eggs per stim cycle are actually capable of becoming a sticky bub, and that they are the same one or two eggs that you would have ovulated in a natural cycle. There is no proof of this, and of course very occasionally people get several pregnancies from the same stim cycle, but it makes a lot of sense to me.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (20-01-2013),GreenMoon  (20-01-2013),MGC Bertie  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele just read your last post about getting on to transfer and one to freeze (day 5). The timing couldn't have been better as I just had the call from my clinic that after having 6 looking good on day 3, today (ET day) I only have one and they think there might be one or two to freeze. It only takes one though so hoping this one is the one for me. ET in a couple of hours

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fortyplusmum For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fortyplusmum View Post
    Sariele just read your last post about getting on to transfer and one to freeze (day 5). The timing couldn't have been better as I just had the call from my clinic that after having 6 looking good on day 3, today (ET day) I only have one and they think there might be one or two to freeze. It only takes one though so hoping this one is the one for me. ET in a couple of hours
    I'm glad I posted that then, lol. You should be very happy with that result... wow, if you do end up with two frosties that is amazing! Oh and good luck for transfer!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

fortyplusmum  (20-01-2013),MGC Bertie  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Just picked up all my injections, start on the gonal 112.5 tonight. First blood test Thursday.

Good luck to the ladies having EPU's this week. Hope you get lots of eggs

Thanks
    Reviews
    fortyplusmum, good luck with transfer, hoping for a sticky one for you

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMoon For This Useful Post:

fortyplusmum  (20-01-2013)