Closed Thread
Page 67 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makiely View Post
    Hey sariele thanks for the welcome.

Glen is certainly interesting!!! He's got a good rep in the surrogacy community, very supportive of the process, has gotten alot of surrogates pregnant.

Where are you in the process? Who is yr ivf nurse? I hv Steph I love her, she's awesome!!
    I don't have anyone specific, I seem to end up with someone different every time I go in. However I've had Debra (sp?) a few times, and she's terrific. As to your number of days stimming question, I'd day the average number is probably about ten days for the FSH injections.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread moves way too fast... Bindy - So sorry to hear. That happened to us our first two cycles, and I was devastated both times. And my stupid old clinic insisted on putting them back in THE NEXT DAY after EPU, which was incredibly dumb because I never even got to know whether they made it to Day 3, let alone Day 5. Then we moved onto donor sperm at the new clinic and so I was expecting much better fertilisation, but no, we still only ended up with two fertilised! And they were very dodgy embies as well, but I still managed to get implantation from the one transferred, AND the other one ended up frozen. So you just never know what will happen. Fingers crossed your little emby is a fighter.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by ourluckyyear2013 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Have been googling like crazy and thought it might be time to talk to people in the same boat! Brief history of us - we found out that my husband could not have children, completely infertile around 2 years ago, and now we have finally started out stims!We are using an anonymous donor. I am currently on day 3 of my Progesterone (200) evening injections, and have to say I have had pretty much zero side effects (so far)... I will be starting my 0.5ml orgalutran on Monday morning, and maybe start feeling something by then... sounds silly cause i don't want side effects but it feels like nothing is happening!!! Hope everyone is feeling good!!! hope I don't jinx myself haha.
    My doctor is Dr luk rombauts at monash IVF, anyone else there??

Sorry to hear, that news must have come as a blow glad you are able to use a donor.
    I'm at Monash with Lynn Burmiester... I did my research & wanted to go with your guy or Lynn, we got in with Lynn & I was too impatient to wait for Luk.... I hear great things about him & I know someone who used him & loves him - she has twin girls

I don't get massive side affects either, just feel my ovaries going crazy

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Thankyou girls for all of your support, I love this thread. I am trying to keep positive and saying lots of little prayers for our embie I am busting to hear how the embie is tomorrow. This tww will be torture!lol hearing your stories of success is definitely helping, Thankyou

We decided to make a week of it and we are on holidays with our furry baby (choc lab) at the beach I really have been fine since EPU except for a dull ache where my left kidney would be on my back. Never had this before and taking panadol and heat packs since. No UTI symptoms. We are having a day 3 tf so will ask then

Thinking of you all and hoping that those Bhcg keep rising girls xx

Thanks
    Reviews

So I have officially become a horrible person. Today a cat at work hissed at me and scratched me and drew blood as i was feeding her and I yelled at her and hissed back and lost the plot ... Poor cat was prob just scared but I have no empathy in me this 2ww is driving me so crazy plus today I did a poas hpt and got a bfn it's 8dp5dt today and really should be starting to show up... Think it's going to be another bfn for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls, Can I ask a question..

When they thaw an embryo and then grow it- can they refreeze it?? I am pretty sure the scientist said they would thaw 4 in march for us. But obviously they wont put 4 in and i know they won't all necessarily make it- but what happens if 2 or 3 do? What happens to them?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Be kind to yourself vetttc! You are in no way a horrible person I'm sure. The 2ww is a constant series of battles to keep your cool. Can't win them all, and you're doing a brilliant job if you can manage to win most. Really hope this one is just a slow hormone releaser.

No idea about the re-freezing of embryos sorry. I have actually been told both yes and no. Not helpful!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to safam For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Aw Vetttc, that cat had it coming. The 2ww messes with your head big time and I can only imagine how you must be feeling for round 6. I too hope you've just got a slow starter in there!

Beanie I'm not sure -- I would assume yes? Because they often use frozen eggs/ sperm and then freeze embryos that result from them. I did think they would grow your embryos then freeze though, but there must be some reason they fertilised then froze! Maybe call your clinic and ask the reason just so it's not kicking around in your head til March!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    VETTC so totally normal.. the cat will be ok! It is so hard all of this!! TWW are really tough. I am assuming much harder when its an IVF TWW.

Cats are full of attitude themselves, so I wouldn't worry about it. I am sure you know this though as I am guessing you work with animals

Thanks safam and betty. I might just call them, Betty. I am also wondering how they time ovulation exactly right with a 3day or 5day transfer. There are seriously so many qs in my head. Like why do they need to wait until ovulation- its not like the egg you ovulate is important, or do they wait til after that egg is gone'?
    Last edited by beanie87; 20-01-2013 at 09:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    I am also wondering how they time ovulation exactly right with a 3day or 5day transfer. There are seriously so many qs in my head. Like why do they need to wait until ovulation- its not like the egg you ovulate is important, or do they wait til after that egg is gone'?
    Your embies would have been frozen as zygotes (fertilised eggs) as they are much simpler in structure than embryos, and hence more likely to survive the thawing process and continue growing. Just like Day 3 embies are more likely to survive a thaw than Day 5s. The more complex an emby is, the more likely it will suffer cell damage. I'm pretty sure that any embies grown from your zygotes that are good enough quality to freeze will be re-frozen. With the above (and sorry if I'm misunderstanding your questions), ovulation will be timed in a frozen cycle either with meds (i.e. they will scan you to see when your follicle is reaching full maturity, then give you a trigger like before EPU), or for a natural cycle with no hormones, they will base it on probably a combination of scans and BTs (check for your LH surge and what your follicle is doing). They need to wait until ovulation and count to 3 DPO or 5 DPO so that your hormone levels are exactly what they would be if an embryo had been created naturally inside your body, i.e. everything needs to happen at the right time in order to allow implantation to take place. The egg you O isn't important, however they will probably tell you to abstain in the lead-up to O to avoid a potential multiple pregnancy. Hope this was somewhat helpful.
    Last edited by Sariele; 20-01-2013 at 10:09.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (20-01-2013),GreenMoon  (20-01-2013),littlesunflowers  (20-01-2013),MsAskBelieveReceive  (21-01-2013),VMuchInLove  (20-01-2013)