Closed Thread
Page 65 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Hey sariele thanks for the welcome.

Glen is certainly interesting!!! He's got a good rep in the surrogacy community, very supportive of the process, has gotten alot of surrogates pregnant.

Where are you in the process? Who is yr ivf nurse? I hv Steph I love her, she's awesome!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Beanie 87 congrats on a great number of eggs.

Just a question, do you need the day after epu off work to recover?

Thanks
    Reviews
    makiely,I think the EPU affects everyone differently like so many aspects of IVF. I had the day after mine off as I was pretty sore, but the transfer was a piece of cake, I was at work before and after on the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for you support. Looks like the cycle wont be cancelled and we are having EPU this Monday, however no transfer till mid March . I guess I should be happy with that, at least they didnt cancel the whole cycle.....Changed my trigger from Ovidrel to Synarel to prevent OHSS, so hopefully I wont be too sick....
    Beanie87, great number of eggs! Well done! Welcome to all the new ladies and good luck to everyone on 2ww!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bindy111 View Post
    I just heard from Genea, I only have one embryo fertilised they are debating day 3 vs day 5 tf..

Please everyone pray for us that it is all a success

Xx
    Big hugs Bindy. Hope this one will be a successful one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    Wow that's a good number beanie. I'm sort of dissapointed had bt and ultrasound this morning and now EPU has changed from between tomorrow and Monday to Wednesday kinda dissapointed and organized roster changes at work for me and hubby but now looks like it will have to be changed again ! Ah well not much can do about it! I have bad pain today in ovary area I just want the EPU done now !
    Sorry they had to change the date cluky14 this is probably a good thing though - you might get a large number of mature eggs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm enjoying reading this thread, but I just can't keep up.

Beatrix, so sorry about your Father-in-law. What a sad time.

MSAskBelieveRecieve...congrats on your BFP. Very exciting.

Bindy111...my clinic does 3 day transfer if there are less than 4 fertilised. I hope your emby is strong. It only takes one. Is this your first cycle? Just remember that the first one is where they are trying to work out how meds work for you. If you don't succeed this time they can tailor something better next time around with what they've learnt.

Beanie87, congrats on the good egg haul and fertilistion rate. What day will they freeze them?

Sorry, there must be so many people I've missed, but I can't keep up.

AFM, I'm sniffing away at my Synarel (yuck) and jabbing won't start until the end of January. Ho hum, boring...so much waiting.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Beatrix  (19-01-2013),MsAskBelieveReceive  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are freezing them now. I don't know the technical terms. But they don't start growing (?) them until March.

Jilapril that is awesome news!! We are now exactly the same.. My FET will be about mid-march. We can help keep each other stay sane. They did the same with me- changed from ovidrel to synarel or Lucrin (I chose the Lucrin). From what I have heard OHSS does not sound like fun. After feeling the way I did yesterday, I said to my husband, I am actually glad that I have to wait until March, because this has been so exhausting.. and especially if I were to get OHSS- that would be an awful way to start a pregnancy. I want to give our embryos the best chance possible!

Makiely I would take the day off after EPU. Just to be safe. I definitely would not of wanted to go to work today. I feel ok, but I am still really tired. I got up early with my husband this morning, then went back to bed and slept til' 9.30- which is really abnormal for me. You just never know how all those drugs will affect you. I would say resting is best. Plus, the nurses all told me to take today really easy, so I am listening. I am reading blogs and books and its quite nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clucky that is disappointing, but hopefully will be worth it because they will probably get more eggs! Just really difficult to organise work around it. It will come quickly though and before you know it you'll be waiting for the call to tell you how many fertilised.
    My ovaries were really hurting the night before epu- I went on a short run, but had to call hubby to come and get me cause everything was "pulling" and just didn't feel right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks beanie it's disappointing but if I get a better result it will be worth it apparently the right side has more larger ones. I'm getting so sore though I'm definitely feeling it today. Argh three days to go I will hang in there though think I will be reducing my hours at work this week. I'm just getting really tired. Wow you were good going for a run! I have hardly done any exercise since u have started I've been terrible. I think the drugs have affected me more than I was expecting and working full time has left me with no energy. I'm definitely very bloated though I don't think I've put on any actual weight other than it all being water as I really have had no appetite, hoping to get back into so,e exercise once I feel good again.
    Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    Clucky that is disappointing, but hopefully will be worth it because they will probably get more eggs! Just really difficult to organise work around it. It will come quickly though and before you know it you'll be waiting for the call to tell you how many fertilised.
    My ovaries were really hurting the night before epu- I went on a short run, but had to call hubby to come and get me cause everything was "pulling" and just didn't feel right.
    Last edited by clucky14; 19-01-2013 at 17:02.