Closed Thread
Page 64 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix View Post
    Hi all, I'll be absent for a bit, my father in law passed away last night after a short battle with cancer.

Good luck to everyone and congratulations to those who have already had success.
    So so sorry Beatrix. Take care of DH and yourself xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Beatrix  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I just heard from Genea, I only have one embryo fertilised they are debating day 3 vs day 5 tf..

Please everyone pray for us that it is all a success

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry to hear Beatrix xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GStef For This Useful Post:

Beatrix  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I just heard from Genea, I only have one embryo fertilised they are debating day 3 vs day 5 tf..

Please everyone pray for us that it is all a success

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry to hear Beatrix thinking of you and big hugs.

Sorry that reposted for some reason.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bindy111 For This Useful Post:

Beatrix  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks girls, even though we haven't met each other, you're all a source of support 😊

Now, as you were! Back to talking about baby-making!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls... so much news its hard to keep up!

Beatrix I am so sorry... Look after yourself and your husband. Cancer is a b*tch for sure.
    Msaskbelieverec That is amazing!!! Congrats... it gives us all hope!!

Bindy111 I am sorry..this is such a rollercoaster journey. Be kind to yourself. But like everyone says.. it only takes one. You just never know. I am not too sure about 3 or 5 day transfer, but hopefully someone will be able to tell you more.

Jilapril.. I totally feel your pain. I don't have an ET until march. it is really disappointing. Just remember your body has been through alot (especially after egg pickup) and you want to give those embryos the best chance possible. The scientist told me yesterday that if I was to get pregnant off this cycle my oestrogen would sky rocket more and I would likely start off the pregnancy really sick. Which would be pretty awful.

Ok ladies.. the egg pick up. Definitely a little more full on than I was expecting. It was the weirdest thing because I remember some of it and I remember it hurting, but I don't remember many specifics. They give us an amnesic drug as well that makes you really forgetful (and it totally works!!). I remember the surgeon saying "this is the final one" which I was really glad about. The recovery is really weird because youre kind of with it, but really not. So i was having some extremely bizarre dreams. I was a little sore after (about 4 or 5 out of 10) but they just kept dosing me up on pain killer, which was awesome. They didn't want me to leave in any pain. Talking to the scientist after we were in a small room which had no air and I nearly vomited in the sink, so they laid me back down and took blood pressure and temp. But once I got into some air conditioning, I felt ok. I was so drowsy for the whole afternoon. Pretty much slept all afternoon and night. But I am feeling good today- Pretty normal in fact! A little tender down below, but nothing too bad. So for you girls who are about to have it, you really will be ok. Its not too bad. But be prepared to have to really relax and recuperate after. I was scared of the drip- but it was absolutely fine- hurt less than some of my blood tests and injections! Plus I was pretty keen on the pain killer working so quick!

They got 13 eggs. Which was around about their first prediction. And I just got the call this morning to say that 9 have fertilised well. So they are freezing 9. I am pretty happy So even though I have to wait until March- hopefully my body will be up for it. Cause this cycle has definitely knocked me around a bit.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beanie87 For This Useful Post:

Beatrix  (19-01-2013),jilapril  (19-01-2013),MsAskBelieveReceive  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Bindy -- just keep repeating "it only takes one!"

Beatrix -- hugs to you and your family.

Beanie -- what day are they freezing?

(Lots of 'b' names, sorry if I got any of you mixed up in previous posts!!)

Jil, fingers crossed you can do EPU and freeze for later.

Vetttc -- I broke and tested. Faint BFP but I am not making any assumptions due to having had 1500 of Pregnyl last Saturday and Monday. I'm the same as you, 5dt and BT on the 23rd.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

Beatrix  (19-01-2013),jilapril  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    jilapril, big hugs, hope you can still have EPU. I know waiting another month is frustrating but it may be better in the long run if your body is not so stressed.
    vettc, hope your TWW goes quickly, got everything crossed for you.
    Qloulou, awesome jabbing!
    makiely, welcome wishing you the very best of luck
    Beatrix, so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope and pray for the day when we are free of this cruel and indiscriminate disease.
    bindy, I am praying hard for you. I think Genea will do a 3dt because your womb s the best place for the wee embryo. Good luck.
    beanie, 9 is awesome
    betty, fingers crossed this is it

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenMoon For This Useful Post:

Beatrix  (19-01-2013),jilapril  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow that's a good number beanie. I'm sort of dissapointed had bt and ultrasound this morning and now EPU has changed from between tomorrow and Monday to Wednesday kinda dissapointed and organized roster changes at work for me and hubby but now looks like it will have to be changed again ! Ah well not much can do about it! I have bad pain today in ovary area I just want the EPU done now !