Closed Thread
Page 6 of 157 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Hi Ladies I would love to join this post.

I am 27 in jan And my husband is also 27. We will be doing out first IVF attempt with ICSI at Genea in ACT in January.

I have PCOS and hypothyroidism, otherwise relatively fit and healthy as is DH.

At the moment I am on the pill, 500mg metformin TDS and 100mcg thyroxine dly.

We have been trying since our wedding in April and two rounds I clomid with follicle tracking and triggers. Because I am so isolated and traveling 1000km/wk for tracking u/s we all figured it would just be easier to go straight to IVF.

DH also had poor motility so after a trial wash the FS decided ISCI would be the way to go.

All the very best ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Hope you don't mind me joining this thread, I am just new to this forum. My DH and I are starting our first cycle of ICSI in January/February. I am 29 and have just been diagnosed with PCOS and DH is 30 but suffered from Testicular Cancer when he was 20 so low sperm morphology due to Chemo. We are very excited but quite nervous at the same time, we have had all of our appointments so now just waiting until the new year.

Good luck to all others starting in Jan/Feb.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies hope u don't mind if I join

Looks like an fet for us mid jan if everything works out

This is our 3rd transfer after no frosties first round we are lucky to have 2 5 day blasties fingers crossed that 2013 is the year we all get to hold our bubbas

Thanks
    Reviews

Nurse appointment went well. We are all ready to go in January. I am meeting agin with FS in a few weeks to confirm how my cycle is tracking and I will start taking Syrenel around the 12th of January. Has anyone used it before? I have heard there can be some interesting side effects. I am crossing my fingers and toes that it doesn't effect my moods too much. Don't need to be breaking down at work, trying to fly under the radar as much as possible with our treatment.
    Just put up the X-Mas tree so keeping busy to make the wait easier!
    Thank goodness we all have Christmas as a distraction! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

We had an appointment with our clinic yesterday and found out that our one remaining frostie (day 5 blastocyst) is Grade 1 quality. Such a shock, as we've never ever had any luck with frosties, haven't ever had a completed FET cycle! Anyway so since our frostie is good we're going to be going ahead with a FET in January. If that doesn't work, then we plan to do another fresh cycle and have 2 embryos transferred in Feb or March. Having a break now after our last cycle didn't work out at the end of October.

Lucky we all have christmas as a distraction to help make the waiting go faster! Fingers crossed for all next year

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Tango22 View Post
    Hi All,

Hope you don't mind me joining this thread, I am just new to this forum. My DH and I are starting our first cycle of ICSI in January/February. I am 29 and have just been diagnosed with PCOS and DH is 30 but suffered from Testicular Cancer when he was 20 so low sperm morphology due to Chemo. We are very excited but quite nervous at the same time, we have had all of our appointments so now just waiting until the new year.

Good luck to all others starting in Jan/Feb.
    Hi Tango

I just wanted to reach out to you. My husband also had TC at 20 and is now 30. Slightly different because he had an RPLND so has retro grade ejaculation. No chance we could conceive naturally!

We used 10 year old frozen sperm for ICSI and are now 13 weeks pregnant with fraternal twins!

I just wanted to share so that you can keep the hope alive and have faith. There are a few of us TC survivor partners lurking around but I found it hard to find information on our type of IVF (we were even a new case for our clinic)!

Best of luck and if you have any questions or want to have a chat feel free.

Good luck to all the 2013 IVFers and sending lots of baby dust out into Cyberland for you all!

S
    Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Its December people!!!! So excited one month to go! We have also had all our appointments now so just the wait to next month to start first icsi cycle. BINDI we are also going through Genea though in Syd. The count down is on I can't wait now , can't believe I was so disappointed to not start in NOV when the times flown! I'm really hoping for it go work First go though many people tell me to not expect it well I have to have some hope ! Good luck all and keep us updated

Thanks
    Reviews

Yay!! So exciting! I hope you all have a lovely silly season I'm glad I've found a group of women I can talk to off who are in the same boat.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Y'all, can I join in? My partner and I have been actively trying for bub number one since April 2012. We're a same sex couple using unknown donor sperm from USA, through IVF. We're in ACT, and going through Canberra Fertility Centre as they're the only clinic in Canberra that'll work with unknown donor sperm. Thus far DP has had one stimulated cycle, 1 fresh transfer of a blast, 5 frozen blasts, 2 FET's, all BFN We have 2 frosties left, but have just changed FS and plan to stim again in Feb/Mar 2013 after a break. No known fertility issues for DP, however previous FS suspected and attempted to treat for NK Cells, (but he was a cnut so we left him!). I've been on a support group for last few months on facey, but left group today after feeling unwanted as Im a "partner" rather than the one ttc. I have been through my own ttc hell back in 2008 when married to a man, and was diagnosed with PCOS, but we split before my appointment with FS. Feeling a bit lonely and sorry for myself tbh Do you ladies mind if I join here?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jaandaw

Sorry to hear of the bad run that you've had this year. We're going through CFC in ACT as well and have been trying since April with no good news yet either We've been seeing Dr Devine. If you're looking for a good fs, I'd definitely recommend her, she's so lovely and has tried a range of different things for us.

Sounds like you've fitted a lot into a very short space of time! Since April we've had two fresh cycles and 3 frosties thawed but cycle cancelled as none of them made the thaw. We've never had any luck with frosties but we just found out that we have one really good one (Grade 1) waiting for us so we're going to try that in January and if that doesn't work then we plan to do another fresh cycle in Feb/ March and have two embryos transferred.

We're one of the lucky ones as we already have a DD who was conceived through CFC.... so we know it can work, it's just a waiting game till we get another good one.

Our situation is quite different to yours though as our problems are male infertility so in terms of treatment, we may be going through different things to you guys. Fortunately I have no fertility probs, well apart from still not being pregnant with our much wanted # 2

Feel free to PM me if you want There's few of us from CFC on here, it's nice to talk to others who are going through the same thing with the same clinic.

PS Hi to everyone else, not long to go now, looking forward to hearing lots of good news stories in the new year. For now I'm just so excited about chrissy! A great distraction