Closed Thread
Page 59 of 157 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bindy111 View Post

We had a scan yesterday I still only had 3 big ones from 20-29mm and about 50 less than 10mm. We had our trigger last night and we are now on our 6hr journey for a 7am EPU at Genea tomorrow!
    Good luck Bindy! I'm with Genea Syd and they were amazing with my EPU, you will be in very good hands. Sending well wishes for healthy eggs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4furbabies View Post
    I'm on day 4 of jabbing, had a bt this morning and they rang me this arvo and said everything is rising nicely and my next scan & bt is next monday, it seems to be a long time to me, is that normal? My cd4 scan I had 19 potential follicles, now my next scan will be on cd11! I was expecting to have one on friday (cd8) because my clinic doesn't do them over the weekend (very annoying!). Am I worrying over nothing? I just thought my EPU would be around cd12, when has everyone elses EPU's been?
    I think all FS do something diff depending on the patient's situation. But of course if you're concerned it's best to ask.
    I only had BT's through my cycle and first US on day 10 at which point they told me to do trigger that night and EPU 2 days later. Mind you I had US and HyCoSy a couple of months earlier so my FS wasn't going in totally blind.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post

I'm curious about why you need to do ICSI with donor sperm? We do ICSI, but it's because we have MFI.

Our clinic does ICSI with donor sperm too, and we were told it's because donor supplies are critically low, and they use less sperm when they do ICSI. We were one of the last ones to have normal ivf with donor sperm before they changed it to ICSI. Great, now not only do we get to pay for the donor, we now pay for a more expensive procedure too
    Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

I've been told that for Synarel it's 2 puffs in the morn and 2 at night, or one jab of Lucrin in the evening.

Re donor sperm and ICSI, given that the sperm itself costs $980(!) I think they do it so that you have more of the sperm leftover than with IVF. I don't know...I just do what I'm told. Haha.

But it still kinda feels like a kick in the guts paying so much more for the pleasure of it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi all! Ha my scan this morning. They could see about 6-8 egg. One big one that is prob too big already and the rest at about 10-12mm. Waiting on blood results but looks like Wednesday. Hopefully they find a few more hiding in the background! but otherwise pretty happy. Now to look after them over the weekend! Lots of water and healthy food!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    rainbow and safam - yep, that's what my clinic told me too. If they do ICSI they just have to thaw one little ampule of donor sperm, because they know there'll be enough in there for ICSI, but can't guarantee for IVF, so they can then preserve more donor sperm for other people/subsequent cycles. It's a shame because I believe IVF is much better in terms of the best sperm finding the eggs naturally.. in ICSI they can pick the most normal-looking sperm with the best motility and such, but that's about all they can tell from looking at it, nothing about how good each sperm actually is. ~~~ AFM - looks like AF is here! Hopefully red flow will start before midday so today can be CD1, woo!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MsAskBelieveReceive View Post
    Good luck Bindy! I'm with Genea Syd and they were amazing with my EPU, you will be in very good hands. Sending well wishes for healthy eggs
    Thankyou

Just had EPU, they were lovely

Unfortunately they couldn't find my 29mm follicle so looks like I ovulated they got another two and are doing ICSI for poor motility. I already feel like it was a massive waste of time and money.

They were talking about the possibility of day 3 transfer does anyone have opinions of this?

On another note after the midazolam I chatted away through the whole procedure thanking them all for coming to my home and offering them muffins. Oh dear. I do this every time I have a light anaesthetic. Funny as I'm not a big talker unless I'm drinking or anaesthetic lol.

Beanie how did your EPU go And anyone else?

Feeling pretty low about only 2 eggs

Hope u are all well today xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Bindy, don't feel disheartened. I've heard of women having 20 eggs and not getting to the end. Some see it as a numbers game, but I really don't think it is! As long as your 2 are healthy! It only takes 1.

Re 3 day transfer, I've heard clinics normally do that when there is a low number of embryos as the uterus is the best spot for them. It just means the embryologist can't see what they're doing now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Hugs Bindy. You know what they say -- it only takes one! Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS has just called me to confirm that my BT this morning was positive. Officially up the duff!
    I'm back on Tuesday morning for another BT to ensure all is going to plan.
    My HCG was 77 (they say 75 - 100 is ver good, and 100+ is excellent). Estrogren 3000 (no range available given I was on a stimulated cycle) and Progesterone is 200 (they were looking for over 30). So apparently my body is doing all it can to support the pregnancy!

If I dont make it all the way, we have still learnt that our embryos are of good enough quality and that I can get pregnant.