Closed Thread
Page 58 of 157 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Thanks for the perspectives! Definitely swayed me towards the Lucrin, surprisingly. Love this group. I think one injection is probably a lot easier to remember than 4 puffs of Synarel a day.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Vettc I also have polycystic ovaries and I think my FS finds it easier to avoid ohss on a longer cycle, too x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bindy - that's hilarious! ~~~ Rainbow - Yep, I used Lucrin for my first two cycles and was SO relieved that I never had to have Synarel, I've heard awful things about it. Go with Lucrin for sure! ~~~ AFM (Sorry, BH is still not allowing me to start new paragraphs with the ENTER key, grrr!) - I had my apt with the gastroenterologist this arvo. He wants me to have bloods to check for coeliacs and thyroid issues, and give a stool sample to be tested for intestinal inflammation. If all those come back okay, he reckons it just a flare-up of IBS and I should relax and focus on IVF. Anything bad would probably have been picked up in the colonoscopy, or the laparoscopy I had done in Sept. So now I'm just waiting for AF... it's due any second, but as I've been so stressed this past month I won't be surprised if it's a bit late.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Tessagirl  (17-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    Bindy ahahaha.. that is hilarious!! I am lucky I couldn't see the screen..

Rainbowbaby. I had the choice of doing synarel or Lucrin for my trigger shot (I am on a short cycle). I chose the Lucrin just because it seemed more straight forward and I was so used to doing it. Plus, I could remember reading threads where ladies had complained about how awful synarel was. I am glad I chose it. It hardly hurt at all really.

EPU tomorrow morning. I am hoping I don't get any OHSS symptoms! That's the reason they changed my trigger from Ovidrel to lucrin- to prevent getting sick- but also meant no transfer next week. Not entirely sure how that works?! But I am assuming I won't get sick, but maybe I still will. Anyone used the Lucrin as a trigger??
    Good luck tomorrow... Look forward to seeing your numbers!!
    I think my last cycle was Lucrin, I got OHSS but I think it was the 225ml of gonal f that overdosed me into that!
    I'm on overdril this time but not due to use for another week!
    you should be fine!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies, I am on day 5 of Synarel. Was expecting bad side effects but the only thing I have experienced so far is a few hot flushes. No headaches. I have been pretty tired, but that's about it. If anything I have been the opposite of moody. I have felt really hyped up and lots of energy but come 8pm I crash. Sleeping awesomely so no complaints. Yeah it tastes a bit rubbish when makes its way down the back of your throat, but easily fixed with a glass of water. So far... I am a synarel advocate.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Thanks for the perspectives! Definitely swayed me towards the Lucrin, surprisingly. Love this group. I think one injection is probably a lot easier to remember than 4 puffs of Synarel a day.
    Wow I only do 2 puffs a day. One morning and night. I was told the injections r 3 times a day???

Thanks
    Reviews

Re: Synarel

I only do 2 puffs a day. Morning and night. I was told the injections were 3 times a day.

I've been pretty lucky on Synarel. I've been on it 4 weeks. And had hot flushes, few headaches and some joint aching but not too bad. The worst was the overlap with puregon. To have no estrogen for 4 weeks than 300g I turned into crazy crying lady!! Lol

AFM I'm in for scan tomorrow, fingers crossed these egg ate growing nicely!! 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. Loving following you all. Everyone's story is different yet inspiring.

AFM- day 6 ofgonal f injections today blood test showed oestrogen of 1500. US showed 8 follicles around 14mm. Repeat us and bloods Saturday. Hopefully Egg retrieval mid next week.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow road - I've been taking synarel for 3 weeks and have hardly had a problem, I take it morning and night and have only had some headaches from it, not consistently and not everyday and nothing a couple of panadol can't fix, most of the time they go away with nothing. I haven't had lucrin before to compare but i'd rather sniff than jab!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post

EPU tomorrow morning. I am hoping I don't get any OHSS symptoms! That's the reason they changed my trigger from Ovidrel to lucrin- to prevent getting sick- but also meant no transfer next week. Not entirely sure how that works?! But I am assuming I won't get sick, but maybe I still will. Anyone used the Lucrin as a trigger??
    Good luck today Beanie! I hope all goes well and you get lots of healthy eggs