Closed Thread
Page 53 of 157 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Loving this thread right now! There's so much happening, even though nothing's happening with me yet, I feel like I'm living through all of you!

Sorry to hear about the no transfer this month Beanie. Are you still going away in Feb? That will definitely take your mind off things.. and I find it a little bit more exciting that the chances of a BFP are higher, just a bummer that you have to wait a lil longer. And glad to hear there's lots of eggs in there for Friday!!

If that ends up happening to me, when we go up to QLD in March I'm going to go on all the scary rides I can, which I won't be able to do if it does happen first time round for us

AFM - AF is due sometime next week (if not really late again!!!) can't wait to start jabbing!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VMuchInLove For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (16-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hang in there beanie, and drink plenty of fluids after transfer.
    Your first cycle is always a bit of a test run to see how your body reacts to the drugs, if you ever need to do another one they will adjust your dosage and hopefully it won't happen again. Hopefully you get lots of nice mature eggs that fertilise and freeze - gives you lots of chances for future FETs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vetttc For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (16-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Thanks so much.. its really so nice having you all on here. Its making me feel a bit more positive about the wait. I always knew this cycle would be a bit hit n' miss. Now just to make a few goals for the wait, maybe that will keep me going.

Vmuchinlove we are still going away end of Feb. I am now REALLY looking forward to it. We should get back home close to the start of my FET cycle day 1. Hopefully you don't need to go on any scary rides though and you get pregnant nice and quick!!

Bindy how did everything go for you? How was the big drive? Hope it all went well.

EPU sounds a little scary. They told us all the info this morning and it made me a little nervous. The nurse said I am not to do anything at all for 24 hours after. But I am keen to see how many eggs they get. And last injection tonight- wahoo!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Hahahah you say that now, but I am seriously considering driving 40 mins to MIL to get her to do it on nights that DP is working
    Haha totally understand!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix View Post
    UPDATED ROLL CALL

WAITING TO START
    VMuchInLove
    Sariele
    Deb01
    MARTTC
    MrsErinR
    Ivfforbaby
    mrsmac3 (Pill)
    Qloulou
    hopefaithbelieve
    Mich4761
    MGC Bertie
    KateDerek
    Tango22
    sooz80
    KnittingNancy (Pill)
    Twiglets
    Shell80
    rainbow road
    cassie83

SNIFFING
    littlesunflowers
    Castle

JABBING AWAY
    clucky14
    GStef (Scan 18/01)
    jilapril
    Bindy111
    Carrington
    Mrsjones
    4furbabies

EPU
    Bindy111 (18/01)
    Beanie87 (18/01)
    Leala12 (21/01)
    fortyplusmum (15/01)

FET
    Beatrix (mid Feb)
    Reniorxxx
    bedlover (end Jan)
    Tessagirl (end Jan)
    wishful05
    Ngaiz
    GreenMoon (early Feb)

ET
    safam (19/01)

TWW
    MsAskBelieveReceive (BT fri 18/01)
    BettyW
    vetttc (BT wed 23/01)
    Kerikiwi (BT sat 26/01)

GRADUATES

HUGS NEEDED THIS TIME

UPDATES NEEDED
    Katelyn Kelly (?), jaandaw, Strawberry55, Veritas

(Apologies if I've missed anyone! Please feel free to copy and update )
    Can someone pretty please move me to Jabbing? Can't do it on my phone

Thanks
    Reviews

& my first scan is 19/1

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    Ah I am so disappointed. No transfer for me until March.

They predict my estrogen to be over 10,000 and all my eggs went crazy. Not sure exactly how many there were, but looked to be at least 25ish and lots were really large.

I can't believe it. It is such a roller coaster of emotions and so much waiting. I was teary all morning at the clinic. The US was pretty painful and took 20 minutes again.

Egg pick up is on friday. Triggering with Lucrin tonight. I guess a positive is they told me that a FET is 60% pregnancy rate. Anyhow.. off to work I go. Must try not to cry at work
    So sorry you got this news!
    Seems a lot of people are saying FET have a better rate! I didn't even know that!
    Can't wait to hear your numbers!
    X

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (17-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by fortyplusmum View Post
    Hi can I join too? I had my egg retrieval yesterday, 15th Jan and this is my 4th full cycle try and really hoping this is the one . Hubby had vasectomy many years ago so we are doing the ICIS cycle.
    I have been looking at these threads for a long time and finally decided to join this morning. I love reading the success stories and these give me hope to keep on trying.
    I am 40 and if successful will be a first time mum and have been told by FS don't have time to waste.
    Welcome!
    How many eggs did you get?
    Do you have any known fertility issues? Hope this is the one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow so much activity on here over the last couple of days I have been chilling out hoping my embie is sticking to me!

Good luck to everyone that is just starting and going through jabbing!

Since my ET on Monday, I haven't had much sleep, not sure if I'm thinking about it too much or what hahaha don't want to scare anyone but I was quiet sore for 4 days post EPU, and bloated, I havent been back to work since. Then started to come better, then it was ET time haha. When they were transferring the embryo into me I had period like cramps and pain, and it took about 15mins and I laid down for 30mins afterwards, before I could leave. I also went straight to my acupuncturist after it, which made me nice and relaxed.

Today, I have had a little bit of white discharge, hope thats a good thing..anyone else have that after ET?
    I had my Midletial blood test today, and results are all good.

MsAskBelieveReceive, they ended up freezing all 4 embryos. The grades were 1x4AB, 1x3AB & 2x4BB at my clinic this is how they rate (1-4 is the thickness 4 being the best) and AA being the best. So mine didn't come out too bad.

BettyW & MsAskBelieveReceive how are you's going with your 2WW? how are you's feeling? when's your blood test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beanie, sorry to hear you need to wait. Like the other girls have said, the new thinking is that a frozen embryo may have a better chance than a fresh one simply because the transfer would take place in a natural cycle when your body is not traumatised from all the drugs etc. At Genea they are running a trial for this right now. My nurse said that they think a natural uterus is a more hospitable environment for a wee embryo. But having said all that, the wait must be killing you, so make sure you do some stuff just for you- hopefully you won't have much chance soon...

I'm still waiting for stupid AF, by my reckoning I'm on CD34 now, I'm normally 30-31. I get the occasional long cycle so typical it should happen now. Of course I've done a HPT, of course BFN but then again, every test in four years of trying has been BFN so why should this one be any different!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMoon For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (17-01-2013)