Closed Thread
Page 50 of 157 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Welcome newcomers!

Glad you didn't find the Cetrotide too bad Clucky. For three days I had to have 3 needles/ day and definitely felt sorry for myself!
    The nurse at my clinic gave me an hCG shot Saturday and I had to give myself another yesterday -- and the one I did hurt much less!!
    Though I had two random cries today for no specific reason -- could be Pregnyl, could be Crinone, could just be me! After a few drugs it became impossible to tell which was causing which symptoms!

Beanie glad you're feeling better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Oh and MsAsk, that is REALLY EXCITING NEWS! Sounds like the hCG shots should be gone by now -- I'd be quietly confident if I were you! Counting the days til I can test!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    Greenmoon welcome! How long you been doing IVF for??
    We did a full stim cycle in August 2010, DD born April 2011, one Frostie.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm scared of needles. But DP does night shift sometimes so I am probably going to have to suck it up and do some myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I'm scared of needles. But DP does night shift sometimes so I am probably going to have to suck it up and do some myself!
    Your brave!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leala12 View Post
    I inject on the top of my thigh but I get hubby to do it, I can't bring myself to do it

I have heard of many ladies doing it in the bum but my clinic recommended stomach or thigh wherever you felt most comfortable and there was enough fat to pinch

No I am starting tonight on orgalutran, but must be similar I think and both an antagonist injection? Doing it in about 45 mins, apparently this one will sting a bit and the nurse told us that it's a bit harder to penetrate the skin (not sure I needed to hear that!!) I feel your pain I hate needles and it takes me a good 10 minutes sitting down with hubby to relax and allow him to do it. I have a routine now and pull to my women's weekly or new idea to start reading either recipes or something that interests me. Then after reading for a while I tell him ok you can do it but not straight away, once I say go he has to wait at least 5 - 10 seconds! I also can't look at the needle makes it so much worse so he preps it all in the other room. I am a nightmare!!
    Haha sorry but I can't help but laugh... This is totally me all over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    Your brave!
    Hahahah you say that now, but I am seriously considering driving 40 mins to MIL to get her to do it on nights that DP is working

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rainbow, I encourage you to give it a go, it's actually less painful when you do it yourself because you are concentrating on something so you don't feel it as much! Although I never had my DP give me my shots I like to have control myself, and we live in separate towns most of the week so I had to do them on my own anyway...but I once sutured my own leg (no local) after giving my workmate a go (we are both vets) and it was much worse anticipating pain inflicted by someone else than it was actually inflicting it on myself as I had to concentrate, I think the principle is the same lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to vetttc For This Useful Post:

rainbow road  (15-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure I'll have to do it at some point so I should try and get it done sooner rather than later!

I have no issues using a needle to get a splinter out, so surely it can't be worse than that? Hehehe. I'll be doing three weeks of injections so I will try and be brave!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I'm sure I'll have to do it at some point so I should try and get it done sooner rather than later!

I have no issues using a needle to get a splinter out, so surely it can't be worse than that? Hehehe. I'll be doing three weeks of injections so I will try and be brave!!!
    that's the spirit no its definitely easier than getting out a splinter! And ice before and after will help numb the area too and less pain/bruising from the antagonist once that starts (if you are on a short cycle)