Closed Thread
Page 5 of 157 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was even considering getting a second job for the weekends to keep me occupied, though it's not really worth it as it will go to tax and I guess it will be tiring doing over 50 hrs a week! So saying no to that idea! I have started exercising almost every day, nothing full on just half hr to a hr walking and sometimes a light jog in there but there's only so much of that you can do! We are going away just after Xmas to the gold coast for 5 days and I know even then I will still have baby's in my head as first go is in Jan ! Maybe I should start knitting or something !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, knitting sounds like a great idea. Two jobs, not so much . Something enjoyable sounds better to me! Thats so great that youre having a holiday after christmas, that will be so lovely.
    Ive been running a bit more lately too. I have always been into running, but I had really almost stopped over the last couple of months. But its been helping me deal with my emotions these past couple of weeks. My friend and I did a fun run this morning in centennial park. It felt soooo good! So I will definitely be keeping that up! And I am thinking of getting up a little earlier to do it. Usually i run in the afternoon. But I am thinking starting the day with a run might help clear my head and de-stress for the whole day.

Carrington, I am doing the presents early to help with the budget! Were going to be a little tighter over christmas, so I am trying to spread my spending a bit better this year. Thats so good that your job keeps your mind occupied for 4 days of the week.. It is seriously so hard NOT to think about babies. It is so constant. Especially when all my friends are constantly posting pregnancy pics and updates all over facebook. I

Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Hi ladies, can I please join. I am also starting first cycle in January. Bloods and nurse appointments next week. I am 30 DH is 40. 12 mths ago DH had a vasectomy reversal and did return to sperm however the tubes blocked off again. Will be doing a long cycle ICSI. I am very excited and looking forward to some down time at Xmas to prepare for the next emotional roller coaster. For the ladies who have already been through ivf, can you fill me in on some of the side effects?
    Thanks x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Castle, Welcome.

Looking forward to talking about all this stuff with you! I haven't been through IVF yet, but I am sure someone will be able to give you an idea of side effects..

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Beanie!

We have our nurse appointment on Wednesday an I am not sure what to expect from it. They said it will be a 1.5 hr appt. can someone give me a heads up? Thanks K

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beanie - It's always hard when you've got alot of time on your hands. Running and exercising sounds like a great way to pass the time! I work fulltime and wish I had just a couple of extra hours in the day to go for a run... though I'm sure I could really make the time to, I'm just pretty lazy! When I've got time to kill on the weekends I do a bit of gardening. I'd love to start my own little herb garden!

With the friends with babies of facebook, it sounds harsh but I've found it so much easier to deal with by removing their updates from my news feed. I know you can still see their updates by going to their page, but eventually it becomes 'out of sight, out of mind'.

Welcome, Castle! Are you going to WFC? I recently booked my appointment with the nurse and they told me it would be 1.5hrs too. They sent out a letter to say what was involved as well.

Hoping there will be lots of October/November babies next year!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

This is our second go at IVF, first go gave us our beautiful DS who is 9mo.

I was so nervous going to the nurses appt (we went to Genea) but they were so lovely and explained everything and made sure anything we wanted to know was answered. There was heaps of information but we didn't leave feeling confused iykwim?

I thought everything about Genea was so well done and professional. Some nurses way of doing bloods were less ouchy than others, but otherwise the whole experience with the nurses was excellent.

Castle - I hope you have a great experience with your nurses appt!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you! I am going to QFG at Spring Hill in Brisbane.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you bedlover! Great to hear you had success on your first round! Makes me feel even more positive. 2013 is our year! X

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So good to see there are others getting excited for January! And all of us secretly wishing Christmas over - haha!

I find work a good distraction during the lead up to IVF (although I am in a large office with lots of women around my age, so the inevitable keeps happening). I have some travelling planned before the next cycle, and some garden projects for the weekends I'm home. I even have some sewing ideas planned out for the TWW when I shouldn't be out wielding garden tools!

Castle - your appointment with the nurse will probably be an explanation of how IVF works, what it costs, what to expect etc. The doctors work out your treatment but the nurses tend to be the ones who implement it; getting your medication for you and teaching you how to take it and being the first point of call if you have side effects or you need more information about the cycle. If you have referrals for blood tests they'll do those too. We're with QFG and all the staff have been great.